Default Supermans Pal Jimmy Olsen #4 Spoilers and Discussions

What an amazing issue!

Full of this series surreal humour the highlight has to be Timmy Olsen the scumbag youtuber.
    Last edited by jetengine; 10-26-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Loved this issue myself. I think we should make a general Fraction Jimmy Olsen thread since unfortunately it doesn’t look like there’s enough discussion about each individual issue.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The "My crazy board!" and "Vaping is for teen. Teens!" lines made me laugh harder than I have at anything in a very long time.

Astonishing Member

I loved how Jimmy makes Lois worry about whether Superman has a super-sense that would let him smell her smoking cigarettes in Gotham, all the way from Metropolis. This series is a great treatment of the sort of goofiness that Jimmy stories should be about.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm behind on this book (but I've got them all) and it kills me because it's literally made for me.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I loved how Jimmy makes Lois worry about whether Superman has a super-sense that would let him smell her smoking cigarettes in Gotham, all the way from Metropolis. This series is a great treatment of the sort of goofiness that Jimmy stories should be about.
    Does Clark typically disaprove of her smoking?

Astonishing Member

I don't think he'd be impressed by it.

Hands down one of the best books DC is putting out now.

I'm loving this book. It's exactly what I expected when the creative team was announced, but more so.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Does Clark typically disaprove of her smoking?
    In the Donner films he tells her smoking is bad for your health iirc, and since her smoking and misspelling habits come from there I think it’s fair to say he disapproves.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    In the Donner films he tells her smoking is bad for your health iirc, and since her smoking and misspelling habits come from there I think it’s fair to say he disapproves.
    Ahh, forgot about that. Cool that it was picked up in this book then.

As much as I enjoy that virtually everything from the Donner films have become canon in the comics now, I was a little put off by the use of Ms. Teschmacher here, as if her and Mercy Graves are interchangable. Because they really aren't. They're both women who are closely associated with Lex, but, aside from that, they should be completely different characters with very different personas and roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    As much as I enjoy that virtually everything from the Donner films have become canon in the comics now, I was a little put off by the use of Ms. Teschmacher here, as if her and Mercy Graves are interchangable. Because they really aren't. They're both women who are closely associated with Lex, but, aside from that, they should be completely different characters with very different personas and roles.
    Isn’t Mercy dead right now? Given how Silver Age inspired this book is I thought her usage her was acceptable given that Donner was drawing from that same time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Isn’t Mercy dead right now? Given how Silver Age inspired this book is I thought her usage her was acceptable given that Donner was drawing from that same time period.
    Really? When and how did Mercy die?