Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think this description only really applies to Earth-born magic users (with some exceptions*), because there are magic-based characters who are born with natural superhuman features and are naturally tied to mystical energies due to their exceptional physiology. Characters such as the various god-like beings (Asgardians, Olympians), or characters born in dimensions made out of pure magic force like Dormammu, Clea, America Chavez, Mephisto, etc.

*By exceptions I mean Wiccan and Kid Loki. They are the only Earth-based characters (and correct me if I'm wrong about Kid Loki, but I was under the impression that he was reborn as a common earthling boy) that I can think of that were born with natural ties to magical forces due to being reincarnations of magical beings. Storm too, I guess, if you buy the idea that her powers are an actual godhood gift from her ancestors and not just a mutation.
    Daimon Hellstrom and Satana, or Belasco's daughter Ananym/Witchfire would also count as people who are getting a boost from a supernatural heritage, I imagine.

Marvel's always been a bit weird about magic users in general. Some, like Dr. Druid or Amanda Sefton/Jimaine Szardos, are primarily sorcerers in the same vein as Dr. Strange, others, like Dr. Voodoo or Hellstrom, weren't as much spellcasters as they were 'dude with some super-powers, that happen to be magical' for most of their history.

(Although the lines have blurred in the last decade or two, and now everyone can literally do *everything,* as the writers have pretty much abandoned any sort of rules or guidelines for how magic works, or who can do what. I guess it's easy to become a sorcerer in the MU when the writers don't know you can't just do anything you want anyway!)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Storm would count as mystical bloodline, her ancestors are indeed priests of Oshtur.
    I think the description only apply to every "base human" which doesn't include half-demons or human with bless/curses.
    Now that I think about it, would Wanda count as a mystical bloodline magic user too, considering what was established in her solo series? It's been a while since I read it so I can't remember if it was just the ''Scarlet Witch'' name that was passed among the Maximoffs or if actual magic potential was involved too. I know Chthon influenced her at birth anyway, but that's more of an outside factor than an innate one like her family's heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Daimon Hellstrom and Satana, or Belasco's daughter Ananym/Witchfire would also count as people who are getting a boost from a supernatural heritage, I imagine.
    Right, I had totally forgotten the Hellstrom siblings were born on Earth. There are probably more examples I can't think of.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-28-2019 at 02:17 AM.

Now that I think about it, would Wanda count as a mystical bloodline magic user too, considering what was established in her solo series? It's been a while since I read it so I can't remember if it was just the ''Scarlet Witch'' name that was passed among the Maximoffs or if actual magic potential was involved too. I know Chthon influenced her at birth anyway, but that's more of an outside factor than an innate one like her family's heritage.
    Wanda has a few different takes on magic. I'm not a fan of the inherited magic from her Romani family thing, so I hope that gets dropped. But she not only has the Chthon link, she learned magic from Agatha Harkness too. Wanda became so adept that she took on her own apprentice. Holly LaDonna.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe it depends on your midi-chlorian count.

Extraordinary Member

Right, I had totally forgotten the Hellstrom siblings were born on Earth. There are probably more examples I can't think of.
    For the latter, I mean humans by nature aren't mystical, so every mystical bloodline will have to start from somewhere, usually it would involve a deity.
    There would have to be a first generation ancestor who started this certain bloodline, and in this case Wanda sorta count as a first generation bearer of mystical bloodline in terms of Chthon-related powers.
    The problem is mainly if this "bloodline" can be passed down to offspring, in AUs Thomas/Williams were shown to have mystical potential, and also Wiccan in the MU, but there is no sign of Chthon left. So it's questionable if this curse/potential can be passed down like Storm's family members' connection to Oshtur.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Marvel's always been a bit weird about magic users in general. Some, like Dr. Druid or Amanda Sefton/Jimaine Szardos, are primarily sorcerers in the same vein as Dr. Strange, others, like Dr. Voodoo or Hellstrom, weren't as much spellcasters as they were 'dude with some super-powers, that happen to be magical' for most of their history.

(Although the lines have blurred in the last decade or two, and now everyone can literally do *everything,* as the writers have pretty much abandoned any sort of rules or guidelines for how magic works, or who can do what. I guess it's easy to become a sorcerer in the MU when the writers don't know you can't just do anything you want anyway!)
    Also they probably don't want demon/god spawns to simply overpower the more regular human sorcerers, I mean they don't have the same starting point.
    They could solve this like "Vishanti and certain deities would simply deny lending their power to the likes of Daimon, Satana, Magik, or even Wanda, anyone with demonic/Elderitch connection that is." which will allow base humans have access to more types of magic while demon spawns are specialzied in certain areas. But in stuff like New Avengers, Triumph and Torment, etc, there seems to be no such limitation, at least in terms of choosing the Sorcerer Sumpreme.(Which is kinda puzzling, considering Vishanti is the one appointing Earth's SS yet they are fully on board of handing this position to people whose power originated from their enemies.)

It just dawned on me Storm/Oshtur and Scarlet Witch/Chthon should have more encounters. Ororo and Wanda represent to different sides of the magical forces of Marvel.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.