Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    It made Rogue's power management too convenient and trivialized! No risk, no potential for angst.
    Some stories you need to move on from Rogue and her lack of control is one of them. Rogue has been a stagnant character at times because she gains control then some writer under cut growth and tell the same story we have seen about Rogue not being able to control her power.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Spot. On. And sorry, I forgot to put /s at the end of my sentence, if it rubbed you the wrong way. I agree though that Rogue's (and Cyclops') power-control seesaw over the years in the name of "Status Quo is GOD" has just been very annoying.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Some stories you need to move on from Rogue and her lack of control is one of them. Rogue has been a stagnant character at times because she gains control then some writer under cut growth and tell the same story we have seen about Rogue not being able to control her power.
    Agreed. I'd actually prefer for her to not only gain control of her ability, but to be shut off from Carol Danvers powerset, and learn to rely on *her own* power (and still be tough-talking badass!).

I'm beyond done with mutants coming to Xaviers to learn to control their powers, and then not a whole hell of a lot happening on that front for the next four decades... Boring.

Also not a fan of mutants relying on something other than their actual mutant power to function, whether it be Ilyanna and her Darkchylde soulsword Limbo crap, or Rogue and her borrowed Ms. Marvel powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed. I'd actually prefer for her to not only gain control of her ability, but to be shut off from Carol Danvers powerset, and learn to rely on *her own* power (and still be tough-talking badass!).

I'm beyond done with mutants coming to Xaviers to learn to control their powers, and then not a whole hell of a lot happening on that front for the next four decades... Boring.

Also not a fan of mutants relying on something other than their actual mutant power to function, whether it be Ilyanna and her Darkchylde soulsword Limbo crap, or Rogue and her borrowed Ms. Marvel powers.
    Why wouldn't characters with multiple skillsets...use them? It's not like Illyana never teleports.

I actually like the idea of mutants using other non-mutant skills so as not to be defined by their unique abilities alone. Martial arts expertise (including in melee weapons) seems to be the default non-mutant skill.

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Dude, you got your wish along time ago. Rogue hasn't had the abilities she took from Carol since 2003!

Astonishing Member

Lol, the real reason. The in- story reason, let’s just say it broke. It was Bobby’s day to do laundry and he didn’t wash it on delicate.

Edit: I thought that post was going right after the post about rogue’s power and lack of drama. Here it makes no sense.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 10-28-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Dude, you got your wish along time ago. Rogue hasn't had the abilities she took from Carol since 2003!
    She gained Wonder Man powers after losing those of Captain Marvel though.
    Sutekh is right in that regard, she's done more vampiring in her career than Jubilee ever did - even though the latter has been an actual vampire for a while.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

I like the way you phrased that. I did rejoice when Jubes became a living plasmoid generator again in the 2017 Gen-X.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    She gained Wonder Man powers after losing those of Captain Marvel though.
    Sutekh is right in that regard, she's done more vampiring in her career than Jubilee ever did - even though the latter has been an actual vampire for a while.
    Seemingly permanently, too, because Simon was trapped inside her for a year or so. When Deadpool's absorbed healing factor finally caused him to be expelled from her body, she retained the powers with no further harm to Simon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman