Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

spencer caps + SE is so good that my life is completely empty without it
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Greatest ... feel like I should keep the list short ...

Lemire's Old Man Logan run (2 years I think be fore he left?). That was so fantastic to me.

Aaron's Mighty Thor (Jane Thor) run. Again ... multi-year consistency demands credit.

Bennett's Angela. It got title switched 2 times before it was cancelled ... but Bennett did Angela in a way no one else has matched.

Immortal Hulk. After seeing a corpse-hulk get jobbed in cameo after cameo ... I was so excited to see Banner back ... then Ewing went all and made the wait worth it. My current favorite by a margin.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    But not what came after... That run really loses its momentum on the second half.
    Not a fan of alternate-universe characters replacing the originals. Therefore, UXF #18 is my endpoint.

Extraordinary Member

You know what? I don't care what anyone says, it's been a great decade for comics. We have had some of the best runs ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    You know what? I don't care what anyone says, it's been a great decade for comics. We have had some of the best runs ever.
    That's a good way of looking at things, Rosebunse. I'm totally onboard with ya.

My vote goes to Spencers Captain America stuff too.

The 80s and the 90s were Marvel's greatest runs. Who could forget The Death of Gwen Stacy, The Dark Phoenix Saga, The Age of Apocalypse, The Clone Saga and Onslaught. The only thing marvel mostly had were their comics so it gave them their best era of respectable entertainment. Marvel got distracted over the last twenty years because of their movies.

This decade will be looked back on as a classic for comics generally. The number of creator owned masterpieces is ridiculous. Just listing the ‘good’ Marvel runs would take too long. In contrast the previous two decades are remembered for all the wrong reasons.

My only concern is that closing out the decade we have seen some odd retrograde steps. But, this isn’t the thread for that, and hopefully the example of X-Men will lead everyone to a brighter 20s.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member

The Dark Angel arc from Uncanny X-Force is still a masterpiece.
    Uncanny X-force first twenty or so issues are awesome,indeed.
    To me one of the greatest run of Marvel Comics of the decade and i have not even been a reader of X-men comics as much as i was during the Chris Clameront and Jim Lee Uncanny X-men run.

For me it's Ms Marvel by a long shot.

Rick Remender’s Uncanny X-Force.
    I believe Hickman’s Fantastic Four started in 2009 so most of it qualifies.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    This decade will be looked back on as a classic for comics generally. The number of creator owned masterpieces is ridiculous. Just listing the ‘good’ Marvel runs would take too long. In contrast the previous two decades are remembered for all the wrong reasons.

My only concern is that closing out the decade we have seen some odd retrograde steps. But, this isn’t the thread for that, and hopefully the example of X-Men will lead everyone to a brighter 20s.
    Oh, every decades has some misteps, but in general, this was just a great time for comics. So many great books from every publisher, so many interesting developments!

And maybe some of them didn't always pay off, but they at least tried.

I mean, look at Hickman's Secret Wars. None of us expected that to happen until it was right in front of us. And Uncanny X-Force was just amazeballs! Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales gave us risky legacy characters who work beautifully and the so much more.

It's been a fun ride.