Extraordinary Member

Default Sasuke Uchiha vs. Tanjiro Kamado

Sasuke Uchiha, as of the end of Part 1 of Naruto, takes on Tanjiro Kamado, the Demon Slayer.

Who wins this battle?

There was a thread not too long ago with Tanjiro vs Shiki Ryougi which was a close match.

Sasuke at the end of part 1 has Lee’s speed in base then gets faster with the curse mark and his new Sharingan level he gets at the Valley of the End. That’s 3-4 speed tiers above Ryougi at her fastest, I’d wager.

He should blitz-even at Chunin exam levels I’d say based on that.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I would generally concur with the above assessment, Tanjirou has superhuman speed but I'd be hard pressed to think of anyone in Kimetsu no Yaiba who is at VotE Sasuke's level of speed based on feats outside of perhaps Muzan himself.

Also, Tanjirou has a major lack of gimmicks compared to his opponent which will hurt him here.

I will just interject that the Ryougi thread kind of fell apart when it turned out Ryougi had basically no speed feats to back up her alleged bullet timer status. Not exactly close as far as I can see.

Not to derail the thread, but Ryougi being a bullet-timer is more a presentation thing. She’s always been depicted and stated by Nasu as being above people who can.

The Dead Apostles of the Nasuverse are never (to my admittedly limited knowledge) directly shown dodging bullets because Japan and such. Yet we see people like Kotomine slapping rifle bullets at close range while explicitly having his state compared to Dead Apostles in Fate/zero’s narration.

Then there’s various bits of scaling you can do with Tsukihime which put Shiki Tohno/Nanaya in a fairly speedy position and Ryougi being presented as comparable or superior to him.

EDIT: Upon reviewing that thread, I can see how Siriel could be construed as saying Tanjiro was faster than knife Ryougi and/or that she wasn’t a bullet-timer in the anime. But I don’t see anyone saying that Araya’s narrative bullet-timing be thrown out, nor an answer to what I said at the end regarding the self-hypnosis/bloodlust thing.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 10-27-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

He can cut Sasuke in half if he had the chance, problem is, his speed is not going to measure