Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Not all republicans lean towards Fascism. I know I dont.
    Sure, but Fascism is more a right-wing thing than a left-wing thing that's what I meant.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The Republican Superman
    Last edited by Arnoldoaad; 10-27-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Sure, but Fascism is more a right-wing thing than a left-wing thing that's what I meant.
    Yea I will agree with that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Republicans aren't heroic. They're cowards who make themselves look tough by punching down.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I think Wally West in the New Teen Titans by Wolfman and Perez, at least in the beginning, in an issue against a russian hero. I read it a lot time ago, but that was the impression I got. I would be glad if someone can confirm this. Hawk was a republican too, right? Maybe Hal Jordan in Green Lantern/Green Arrow, but that may be a free interpretation. I'm not from the US, so my idea of republicans and democrats is pretty vague compared to someone who has truly investigate the matter or lives in the country. I have a hard time thinking of a current republican hero
    I remember that issue of Teen Titans. On panel Wally West referred to himself as a conservative.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Republicans were liberals in Lincoln's time so this wouldn't make Icon a modern republican.
    Icon though described himself as a conservative. Although it's interesting that there was an issue where his sidekick was pregnant and abortion came up and he said that he wouldn't judge her for whatever she wanted to do.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Comedian in Watchmen. If you want to consider him a hero.
    The whole point of his character is that he was a sadist, date rapist, and a murderer...I don't think we can call him hero.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Icon though described himself as a conservative. Although it's interesting that there was an issue where his sidekick was pregnant and abortion came up and he said that he wouldn't judge her for whatever she wanted to do.
    That is interesting. Usually conservative men are only anti-abortion unless it's their mistress who's pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    That is interesting. Usually conservative men are only anti-abortion unless it's their mistress who's pregnant.
    Any comic character who can be described as a Superman expy is likely going to adhere close to the best version of whatever he or she is positioned as, unless the very purpose they exist for is to not be that.

Which I admit, sounds off, but basically if a Superman type has an obvious failing, their purpose in the story very likely is to specifically illustrate that very failing. It won't be just a facet of the character, but the reason they even exist on the page in the first place.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    My five mistresses and I resent that comment
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Abortion only became a conservative Republican issue during the Reagan years. George H. W. Bush, for instance, came out for the original Roe v. Wade decision in 1973, back when he was a Congressman. Icon's view was that it wasn't his place to make a decision for another adult.

I will come out and say that I dont understand what exactly does it mean to be a conservatist.

I live in Costa Rica, here we have like a dozen political parties, 4 of those that matter and 2 of those that actually matter alot.

but when it comes to the US, it just feels to me and I say this with a lot of respect, that Republicans are just a bunch of hipocrites
    like, one of the alleged bases of conservationism is being "financially responsible" but the budget only gets balanced under democrat's control, the deficit only grows under republicans and mainly to give more and more leanience to the rich and corporations and etc.

Im Pro-choice, abortion is illegal in my country but I understand the argument for those who support life here as we dont have the same problems as the US when it comes to this.
    yet when I see the arguments for pro-life republicans, most of those are based on lies or on way that on nowhere impact them directly or worse are just cruel for the sake of it. like for example Utah(I think) has law in which if a woman will go to have an abortion BY LAW the doctor has to force an ultrasound on her and she is basically force to hear the heartbeat of the baby they will abort.
    the reason why I heard of this particularly cruel law is because of a woman who fight a lot to have a baby only to hear from her own doctor that the fetus wasnt viable and delivering the baby would end u only harming her own body, to this the law enter in effect and she was force to see the ultrasound and hear the heartbeat of the baby she wanted to have but couldnt. unnesesarily torturing her.

and this is just a few examples of people who complain and complain of the ELITE while they choose a reality TV star, an alleged billionaire who bankrupted 6 business, who cheated on his 3 wives, who has been accused of sexual harrasment an rape by over 40 women and knows nothing of economics, politics, military or anything about governing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That is more about people giving to their church rather than Charitable organizations. So of course places with Evangelicals and Mormons give more. But is that really about generosity or the demands of fundamentalist religions?
    The articles don't seem to include donations to one's church as part of charity (donations to religious organizations do count as charity for the purposes of the study.) It doesn't seem to be about the demands of fundamentalist religions, although there are other factors, including the preference of Democrats to have government handle problems, and the preference of Republicans to have local communities handle issues when possible.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The articles don't seem to include donations to one's church as part of charity (donations to religious organizations do count as charity for the purposes of the study.) It doesn't seem to be about th e demands of fundamentalist religions, although there are other factors, including the preference of Democrats to have government handle problems, and the preference of Republicans to have local communities handle issues when possible.
    Read it again Mets. Are Wisconsin, New Hampshire and Maine really heavy Dem States. More like New Englanders are more austere. And the author does mention Mormonism for the top donor States. That is giving to the CLDS not generic charities. It might be true about the Dem/GOP divide on giving.But this study isn't the proof of it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!