Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Comics have always striven to be apolitical in the sense that every reader could see their heroes as being on their side based on a selective interpretation of their actions. For example, superheroes tend to be broadly in favor of social justice, but naturally also stand for law and order, so readers could identify with whichever suits their preference. However, this has sort of fallen apart recently, not because of some sinister liberal agenda, but just because conservatives tend to devalue creative professions which means that the vast majority of writers will favor Democrats and thus inject their beliefs into the story, whether consciously or not. Republicans will struggle to catch up as long as they keep pushing all of their aspiring artists to "get real jobs" thus making it difficult to produce anything more than blatantly political tracts written by talentless hacks.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'm confused. Wasn't this a thread asking if any comics characters happened to be republican?
    It was indeed. Sadly, these days such depressing degradation of a thread of this nature into a shouting match is expected. All things considered, it has stayed on topic, for the most part.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-04-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Even that famous Brave and the Bold cover, "The Senator's Been Shot," Never once in the story do they mention if the Senator is a Democrat or a Republican.
    Come to think of it, former Howling Commando "Rebel" Ralston goes on to become a Senator (from Texas, IIRC). I'm not sure his party affiliation was ever given either.

I believe Super Patriot from Image was a republican until he became a Cyborg and he still seemed pretty conservative from what I remember reading of him in my teens.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-04-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Mighty Member

I don’t think I can understand how Icon is a conservative. The guys witnessed slavery, which means that he also witnessed a lot of other things being done against black people throughout the years. I love McDuffie but that’s a head scratcher indeed.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    I don’t think I can understand how Icon is a conservative. The guys witnessed slavery, which means that he also witnessed a lot of other things being done against black people throughout the years. I love McDuffie but that’s a head scratcher indeed.
    Icon was a Conservative during the Lincoln Era, when Republicans were anti-slavery, the problem is he isolated himself and became ignorant of more modern political issues so by the 90s he's like "Were still cool right?" Not realising that his party is racist as hell.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Icon was a Conservative during the Lincoln Era, when Republicans were anti-slavery, the problem is he isolated himself and became ignorant of more modern political issues so by the 90s he's like "Were still cool right?" Not realising that his party is racist as hell.
    I think i need to read Icon. I'm just very intrigued by a Conservative black superhero who has been around forever.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    I think i need to read Icon. I'm just very intrigued by a Conservative black superhero who has been around forever.
    Its a tad 90s afaik but I hear it still holds up

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Comedian in Watchmen. If you want to consider him a hero.
    He's an absolutely perfect conservative hero.