Default Batman VS PS4 Spiderman

Batman replaces Spiderman in the PS4 game. Can Batman complete the missions and boss battles in the Spider-man game? Post-Crisis or New52

Ex:

Batman has to bust into Fisk headquarters, defeat all the thugs, and subdue Fisk.

Batman has to chase Electro, until he is lead into the ambush of the Sinister Six, and survive being mobbed.

Batman has to figure out the story of the Demons and stop Mr. Negative from releasing Devil's breath.

Batman tries to recapture Sable outpost.

Etc.

I think Batman could deal with all the thugs, and with luck and planning take down sable agents. As for the villains, I defintely thinknhe can stop Fisk in the intro, but once the six are together and spread throughout the city, it's gonna be rough.

Bruce will come to party with the plane or something, but he'll still have his hands full against Electro. That and Otto are probably the worst match-ups.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I think Batman could deal with all the thugs, and with luck and planning take down sable agents. As for the villains, I defintely thinknhe can stop Fisk in the intro, but once the six are together and spread throughout the city, it's gonna be rough.

Bruce will come to party with the plane or something, but he'll still have his hands full against Electro. That and Otto are probably the worst match-ups.
    Oooh, I don't know about Otto. I'm pretty sure Batman would have some sort of emp device or something that would negate Otto from being able to even use his arms. From there, it's just a straight up ass kicking, as Octavious has zilch on Batman in Hand to hand fighting. With most of the thugs and goons, I think Batman has it easy...just do the old Arkham Asylum/City/Knight tricks, and they should be a walk. Some of the other guys...especially when the villains start teaming up...that's going to be a lot harder for him to deal with, I must agree.

Spectacular Member

Are Otto's arms vulnerable to an EMP? Spider-Man had preparation time and access to the schematics of the octo arms, and he still resorted to armor rather than making something to disable them. I'm skeptical that Batman could come up with a gadget when a version of Peter that worked in the same lab couldn't.

Looking at the list in the OP, I think that the Electro chase is a hard no. Spidey had trouble keeping pace and he's much more mobile, and I really can't see Batman managing to slip out of the box trap at the end.

Investigations and capturing outposts are well within his wheelhouse.

I think that the attack on Fisk would go significantly differently. This version of Fisk is far to tough to face head-on, and doesn't have much of anything in the way of an exploitable weakness. Probably put sleeping gas tanks in the vents around his office the night before, or booby trap whatever route he was going to use.

On the whole, I'm not liking Batman's chances against the Sinister Six in this scenario. Even spotting him the Batplane and the Battankmobile, the Six are all pretty superhuman without much in the way of weaknesses. Electro can just fry whatever vehicle Batman is using, and I'm not sure I'd spot Batman the ability the nail the more agile members, anyway. Okay, he can hit the Rhino, but I don't think that it'd do much good.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

There's a lot he can do, especially if he's allowed to do it his own way. He'd discover the identity of Mr. Negative a lot sooner for example and potentially head off some damage from it.

There are a few points in the game that rely on enormous super strength, but IIRC they mostly involved Peter screwing up and letting a bunch of goons escape in a vehicle and then having to use his strength to stop them.

The Sinister Six would cause problems. I think his best shot would be stopping Otto before he unleashes the Six, but unlike Mr. Negative I don't think there's as much reason for him to be on Batman's radar. Well, I suppose it depends on how many actions he took behind the scenes before the jailbreak. Bruce is much more likely to notice those.

Spectacular Member

Batman can and has been caught off guard, even in his own city. He's not omniscient.

Weirdly, I think that he could figure out what Mr. Negative was planning faster than Peter but take longer to specifically figure out his identity. Martin Li basically outed himself to Peter, but Bruce doesn't have much of a reason to talk to Li. Assuming that Batman is just baby sitting the city while Spidey is off planet or whatever, I'm not sure that he'd even know who Martin Li is.

Stopping the breakout would require him to know that it's coming, and as far as I know, he doesn't really monitor prison communications. Not to a greater extent than the existing safeguards, anyway. If he's monitoring anyone, I'd expect it to be Fisk and maybe Mr. Negative, and Fisk wasn't involved while Mr. Negative didn't set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Batman can and has been caught off guard, even in his own city. He's not omniscient.

Weirdly, I think that he could figure out what Mr. Negative was planning faster than Peter but take longer to specifically figure out his identity. Martin Li basically outed himself to Peter, but Bruce doesn't have much of a reason to talk to Li. Assuming that Batman is just baby sitting the city while Spidey is off planet or whatever, I'm not sure that he'd even know who Martin Li is.

Stopping the breakout would require him to know that it's coming, and as far as I know, he doesn't really monitor prison communications. Not to a greater extent than the existing safeguards, anyway. If he's monitoring anyone, I'd expect it to be Fisk and maybe Mr. Negative, and Fisk wasn't involved while Mr. Negative didn't set it up.
    Yes, that's why I mentioned he probably wouldn't be aware of what Otto was up to until it was too late. By contrast, Mr. Negative and the demons were making a big stink for a while before Li outed himself. Peter and MJ didn't manage to figure it out, but neither of them is the the world's greatest detective. I'd be shocked if Bruce couldn't track down Li based on the initial demon activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yes, that's why I mentioned he probably wouldn't be aware of what Otto was up to until it was too late. By contrast, Mr. Negative and the demons were making a big stink for a while before Li outed himself. Peter and MJ didn't manage to figure it out, but neither of them is the the world's greatest detective. I'd be shocked if Bruce couldn't track down Li based on the initial demon activities.
    So the Demons are stopped much earlier with Mr. Negative discovered and locked up before Officer Davis dies. Devil's breath is likely discovered much earlier, but potentially stolen by Bruce. Like you said, it's pretty clear spidey and mj are laughable detectives compared to Bruce.

Ultimately, I guess the breakout from the Raft can't be prevented.

I think Batman could survived being mobbed by the sic if them, since Otto explicitly just wanted to deliver a warning. The problem is Batman would be in mich worse shape than when his back was broken. On the other hand, I doubt he'd abandon the city, which means the Power armors are gonna come out.

Even if Bruce doesn't steal Devil's breath, I'm not sure there's any reason he'd notice Otto before he strikes.

*Otti might not even exist as Peter was instrumental in him advancing the tech enough to become Dr. Octopus. Dude might very well accidentally kill himself. Lol.

Oh, I guess Maryjane is killed pretty early on too.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Bruce would have problems with the Vulture/Electro fight unless he can bring some toys from home.

Same for the first S6 fight at the raft. Bruce is tough but he should I have some issues walking away from the beatdown.

I suppose there's the question of what absurd one off power armors you allow Batman. He's had a few that actually make him relevant to the Justice League in a fight.

I actually have my doubts that he'd make it past the intro. A straight-up fist fight with Kingman and a room full of armed guards at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    I actually have my doubts that he'd make it past the intro. A straight-up fist fight with Kingman and a room full of armed guards at the same time?
    As some poster's have said, I think it isn't very likely Batman would approach the Kingpin situation the same way Spdier-man did. Let's assume they do end up facing each other in hand to hand though, I actually Batman would win against this version of Kingpin.

Kingpin was strong, but this version of Spider-man wasn't a bullet-timer. Not explicitly. I'd figure some pressure points might do the job against him. Batman also has gear like exploding batrangs to dispatch the gun cannons and Kingpin.

I don't see how a few pressure point strikes is going to do what an extended fist-fight from Spider-Man couldn't do. Pressure point strikes aren't going to automatically override a massive strength/durability gap.

Unless Batman's got some quasi-magical Hokuto Shinken stuff going on these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post

Kingpin was strong, but this version of Spider-man wasn't a bullet-timer. Not explicitly.
    That's news to me

Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 11-03-2019 at 02:50 PM.