Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default How do you feel about male Amazons?

If the Amazons aren't the COIE versions they would presumably have multiple Amazon children on the island and some of them would more than likely be boys. How would you feel if there were just normal male amazons that weren't enslaved or exiled?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    If the Amazons aren't the COIE versions they would presumably have multiple Amazon children on the island and some of them would more than likely be boys. How would you feel if there were just normal male amazons that weren't enslaved or exiled?
    I'd hate it, it's pointless, it turns Themyscira into any other place in the world.

Spectacular Member

I wouldn't mind. Ultimately, i see Themiscyra more open to the rest of the world, once both part have learnt to respect (and love) each other. So men coming to Themyscira to live with their amazon wives and amazons living elsewhere with their husbands seems normal to me, and obviously children follow. Also tourism. Anyway, no country succeeded while being isolationist, they all fell from their own mistakes, being decadence, hubris or something else.

*points at Hercules*

Maybe a few rare Amazon men, like Diana's brother, but not the island filled with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I'd hate it, it's pointless, it turns Themyscira into any other place in the world.
    My feelings as well. The concept is the definition of counterproductive.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My feelings as well. The concept is the definition of counterproductive.
    I could buy it if it's like the Bana-migdall where they're functionally banished from Paradise Island.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I could buy it if it's like the Bana-migdall where they're functionally banished from Paradise Island.
    That could work but I, for one, certainly don't want them located anywhere near Paradise Island by the time Steve shows up.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah I didn't have a real problem with Achilles' men the Gargareans who were essentially the male version of Amazons. Just keep them further than 300 miles from Themyscira, possibly in another dimension and let the two tribes meet occasionally to broaden their ranks and divide the offspring by sex. I found their city of crystal and river of gold on their island Thalorion intriguing, but can't help thinking their concept cheapens the Amazons a little by making them less unique.

I mean in stories there were males in the Amazon tribes. So I guess you can call them something else. With the Banas. They can have males in their societies but they are seen not heard. They are more of the low class. Taking care.

Well I can’t see why not have another island of female and male Amazons near. Like the few Amazon females were tired of being separated and went to a another near them. They could be their own thing.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-27-2019 at 10:23 AM.

It would ruin the point. The island is a safe haven for women based on a myth about an all female warrior culture. Could some men visit? I guess. But having the island be full of men defeats the purpose.

It'd be like if Wakanda suddenly went multicultural.

But what about the men who have also being abused? What if the Male Amazons aren’t actually native Amazons rather male and females who have been touched by Diana who make their own community? Calling themselves Amazons? I mean in a sense the Amazons have to learn not to close themselves off from not allowing men to go on the islands. In fact all stories the Amazons rarely has any new Amazons join them

I'm against male Amazons, ..except for Prince Jason. I am also against the Amazons having biological male children, which should conceivably be prevented by magic...a spell, maybe.

If we must suffer the peculiarity of numerous male Amazons, I see no reason why they can't thrive on Thalarion, the legendary Isle of Heroes.

I don't think it's too late to retrofit Jason's origin, with training on Thalarion, which Jason kept secret from Diana. The White Isle heroes would have known Hercules, very well, and even joined in his training of Jason. It's not, at all, inconceivable that he and Jason might have visited the island, together.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-28-2019 at 02:16 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Why should Jason be the only expect to the rule? He was a generally character and wasn’t need it. There were already a sibling to fill that role. I don’t understand why at least one Amazon couldn’t get a son. Due to their history in the outside world. Wouldn’t it be fair for the Amazons who had sons to want their sons back? Also that would make Hippolyta look more weak to lie to again to Diana. She was sacred to challenge the Gods. Hippolyta never was

A balance I would say is this. To protect the island more the Amazons has to risk not allowing anyone from the outside world in. That anyone who enters needs to have a Amazons blessing. Doesn’t matter if they are male or female. I can’t see why now due to Diana the Amazons wouldn’t mind having Superman or Batman to come over. For help.

I'm fine with male Amazons as long as they're a tiny minority.