Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Uh, No. No. No. No.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Male Amazons is an oxymoron and completely unnecessary. Let the original concept stand on its own for the amazing concept it was for its time and continues to be for our time.
    The one thing that hasn't been tried is what that Roy Thomas story gave us, with Captain Wonder, ..and that is a straight up male interpretation of Wonder Woman's power and costume. Without the iconography of Wonder Woman, I don't think a male Amazon will make much of an impact ..or have any point.

A great follow up of George Perezs Hercules story might have been to see him surrender himself and his strength to the Amazons and submit to complete and total retraining, in the Amazon ways. Through this training, he would have become the first male Amazon and first, official male, superhuman ally to the Wonder Family. I think the conversion of Hercules to Amazonism would have been a great fulfillment of the Amazon ideal...that it truly can transform anyone.

I think the introduction of a male Amazon needs to be relevant to the Amazon mythos, somehow. If the Amazons were charged with training and caring for Captain Wonder, this poor, newborn, ectoplasmic monster, born of Doctor Psychos evil experiment, that might be a surprising way to illustrate their compassionate side. They would have complete responsibility for him, and they would be all he had in the world...a weird, quirky Frankenstein fantasy.

A story about a male Amazon and why the Amazon's would justify creating one should result in the intro of a new superhero ally for Diana, I think. He can't be just some dude hanging out on the Island, sexing up the other Amazons.

It would show them doing something, besides hacking and murdering something.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-05-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I feel that there are way too many heroes right now with Captian in their name. Why do we need Captain Wonder? Hunter, for example, can be a male amazon but not be named after his mom. Diana's daughter didn't do that. I mean we already have that issue in Superman and Batman's family. I get that but I feel Diana's family needs to have connections but doesn't have to be in the same name

Fury's name in connected in Greek mythos

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I feel that there are way too many heroes right now with Captian in their name. Why do we need Captain Wonder? Hunter, for example, can be a male amazon but not be named after his mom. Diana's daughter didn't do that. I mean we already have that issue in Superman and Batman's family. I get that but I feel Diana's family needs to have connections but doesn't have to be in the same name

Fury's name in connected in Greek mythos
    King Virbius...the resurrected Prince Hipplytos? Diana's immortal cousin? The original, male Amazon?I

And he's already in the myth.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-05-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Why not just Virbius? Much like his sister a one word name would fit him. I think with all the Wonders, Supers and Bats. The two would be a nice change to simple be one-word hero names.

Why not just Virbius? Much like his sister a one word name would fit him. I think with all the Wonders, Supers and Bats. The two would be a nice change to simple be one-word hero names.
    "Red Hood" is two words, no matter how you slice it.

'Olympian' is a single word name, Mizuno.

I just think that, given how long the Amazons have gone being an all-female society, there should be a very good reason for training male Amazons. Unless you're a blood relation to the Amazon royal family, like Virbius, I don't see how you just pop up on the Island and start bouncing around, with the girls. It wouldn't make any sense, at all.

Virbius is Antiopes son, was trained by her and the Amazon priestesses of Artemis, lived a celibate life...he's already an Amazon. You don't need an elaborate explanation of why he's in the comic, because he's part of the classical Amazon myth. Comparatively speaking, a new character could not be installed, so easily, methinks.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-05-2019 at 11:45 PM.

I don’t mind. The only thing is they don’t really display the sisters has having children. I wouldn’t mind if someone like Hades or His wife giving some of the Amazons their children back. That some of the Amazons who survived wanted their children back.

I think some writer needs to revisit Thalarion and the Gargareans.

Thalarion, an H. P. Lovecraft creation, as reimagined by Gail Simone, is classical Greek myth's Isle of Heroes, ..most famously referred to in the myth of Achilles. [Hardcore WW fans should take notes.] While Thalarion originated in a Lovecraft short story, The White Ship, the Isle of Heroes or the White Isle is a legitimate part of Greek mythology and, as such, could be a respected part of the DC Comics Amazon mythos. Furthermore, as Simone's Warkiller story merges the mythological heroes of the White Isle AND the Gargareans into the same all-male society, ..WW writers are presented with a great opportunity to give us the impossible: male Amazons!

Think about it...the Amazon sons would claim the greatest, most famous heroes of Greek mythology for their fathers - Achilles, Theseus, Odysseus! A retrofitting of Prince Jason's story could work in summers spent on Thalarion, training with Hercules and the other heroes ..and their young sons. Braving its contests and mysterious rites of passage! Marveling at the technology, engineered by their scientists! Wandering the grand, crystal citadels and haunted, white beaches of the island...sailing rivers of liquid GOLD! This would be the everyday life of the average MALE Amazon...

Wow!

Lovecraft's story has the island haunted by ghosts, elemental and other spirits, and Simone elaborates that they are the spirits of the Greek heroes. Might one of those other spirits be Mister Genie? Might an Amazon boy, after finding him on the island, have been granted a wish...to be a living comet? Might that same Amazon boy, granted his wish, have travelled to a parallel Earth, where he fought evil, ..as Wonder Boy?

Might Prince Hippolytos -now, King Virbius- once condemned to death, by his father, Theseus, for a crime he didn't commit, have visited his dead father on Thalarion...forgiving him, before returning to the enchanted forests of Roman Latium?

Thalarion is a way to occasionally (occasionally) sprinkle the Wonderverse, with male Amazons, without touching Paradise Island.

Again, ..I don't think male Amazons should just pop up, after so many years, without them. There must be a great story that justifies their introduction into the Wonderverse, ..and some editors, who care enough to see it all through.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-07-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Yet there is no myths of Amazon males. Amazons are often females. Yea there are man allies. The best way to settle this is the Amazons have a island where all can go to. Just not the main island.

They can be called something else the term Amazons are reference to female warriors. The male Amazons would have to be called something else

No one asked for a male prince no one wanted a native male Amazon. People don’t mind if Diana had has one. The whole point is for Diana to be a bridge. If males are to be introduced it should be through Diana.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-07-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Yet there is no myths of Amazon males. Amazons are often females. Yea there are man allies. The best way to settle this is the Amazons have a island where all can go to. Just not the main island...No one asked for a male prince no one wanted a native male Amazon. People don’t mind if Diana had has one. The whole point is for Diana to be a bridge. If males are to be introduced it should be through Diana.
    In firm agreement with ALL of the above! Stories about Amazon sons, even if called Gargareans, do NOT have to interfere with or complicate anything on Paradise Island. They do not have to pose any threat to the power and popularity of Wonder Woman.

And there are many fans, who favor the idea of heroic male companions for Diana, and say so, privately, ..but are reluctant to say so in an online forum, for fear of being called sexist or anti-woman. I think there is a fear that the WW comic will be taken over, by male heroes and their fans, ..and, as with the James Robinson run, of how that will change the comic. The idea of male Amazons could work, but would certainly be controversial.

For that reason, I favor occasionally and BRIEFLY scribbling established superhuman males, created for use in WW or from Greek myth, into stories. I'm talking about Andros, Mister Genie, Perez's heroic Hercules and other in-comic heroes, whom fans already know. To lay the fears of male-takeover to rest, I would see them used sparingly and with great restraint, in stories, ..wowing us with their superpowers and seeing them fight beside Diana, ..before vanishing back to their situations, off-panel! I favor established heroes, over the creation of male Amazons. Why?

Because established heroes have a better chance of surviving the wave of anti-male protest that manifests, every time any male, who isn't a JLer, gets too close to Wonder Woman. Complain and rant all you like, but, Zeus, Hercules, Achilles, Jason and Mercury ..aren't going anywhere. Not even when some writer kills one of them off!

Mizuno, I would love to see Captain Wonder reintroduced, as a male Amazon from Thalarion. I would love to see the WW comic quit one-balling this idea, and just give us a fully costumed, male Wonder. I think an honest approach to the idea, as with Supergirl and Batgirl in their comics, would survive the hate parade, sure to follow their introductions, and eventually be accepted by the mainstream of Wonder-fans.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-07-2019 at 06:40 PM.

But the thing is I don’t think we should have myth allies. Since there are so many of them. We don’t get to see too many mortal allies. Why do you want captain wonder. We already have too many captain in the hero name. And some shouldn’t come back.

It wouldn’t make sense to have already separated group because they will just be forgotten. We already have the Banas. Also you age the issue of a bigger issue. Another new group you agvw to write on. No one wants male Amazons. People who and male character just not male Amazons. H.P is it’s own universe. We need to focus on building what we have. What made Diana and Wonder Woman work is not just myths but the Amazons. Your focusing on even making this even bigger.’something that won’t help. With Azz everything shows us that people will
    Make it worst. All the time a male character be introduced it’s always makes Diana lesser. Diana is a bridge so therefore to add them into the myths is a issue. We need Diana to bring them together. Another having man Amazons will really lessen a lot of things.

Since we have Catwoamn it’s not that far to say there would be a batgirl. When the fact we saw a female kyrto. It’s not that far a stretch. Your talking about literally making something that doesn’t need to exist.

Since Captain Wonder was Steve. It’s easier to make him that. That was his thing

No wonder boy. We need another name.

For the trinity while yea they have a a large supporting cast. The majority is still the gender that they are

It’s batgirl,bat woman , catwoman

It’s Supergirl,Lois Lane

Wonder Woman,Wonder Girl and Steve.

So the main cast is always the status quote.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-07-2019 at 06:56 PM.

BANNED

Males can't be amazons. Only females can be amazons.

The best way to solve this is that there is a all male tribe. That their felt so sorry for their sons against the Amazons they left. They would be called something else. And After learning of the Amazons through Diana. They would join forces with at least the Banas

The best way to solve this is that there is a all male tribe. That their felt so sorry for their sons against the Amazons they left. They would be called something else. And After learning of the Amazons through Diana. They would join forces with at least the Banas
    this kinda fits with the greek myths since there was a group like that in the myths.