Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are Countries violating international law by not letting mutants freely leave

the countries they are in? Like Mauraders for instance. While Russia did not take the deal for the drugs Krakoa has been recognized by the U.N as a whole as a legitimate country and mutants given amnesty and citizenship. So by blocking mutants from leaving for Krakoa or denying access to gates, countries who follow the law of the U.N be violating international law?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Well, considering mutants officially don't consider themselves human anymore, governments have an excuse to say they're not entitled to human rights.

(Not that that's stopped them before.)

Yes, seeing that said country would be violating various UN charters.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, considering mutants officially don't consider themselves human anymore, governments have an excuse to say they're not entitled to human rights.

(Not that that's stopped them before.)
    But it's not human rights either way. It's mutant rights. The U.N council has agreed that Krakoa is a nation and that all mutants are by default citizens so how can they deny them their mutant rights. What repercussions can there be from the U.N if acting fairly in terms to funding for countries or penalties that can be enacted for violating U.N law.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

My point is, given the various aliens, robots, and magical creatures in the Marvel U, law governing what counts as human is probably different than in the real world.

No, it doesn't. They don't accept krakoa, so they don't see mutants as citizens of krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    My point is, given the various aliens, robots, and magical creatures in the Marvel U, law governing what counts as human is probably different than in the real world.
    But they went through the U.N. So it doesn't matter how different the law is. If the U.N recognizes krakoa as a nation and made a resolution all mutants are citizens. IN any world how can you illegally hold the recognized citizens. I mean you can but surely the U.N would have to try to enforce it some how. Otherwise what is the point of the U.N. Also there may be aliens and robots but we haven't seen them go to the U.N and make the same sort of deal.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No, it doesn't. They don't accept krakoa, so they don't see mutants as citizens of krakoa
    So you can sit on the council of the U.N, the U.N as a whole makes a resolution agreeing to the terms that mutants are citizens of the nation of krakoa. And then violate it without it equalling violating U.N law? Is that what your implying. Otherwise they would have to not recognize the U.N first.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But it's not human rights either way. It's mutant rights. The U.N council has agreed that Krakoa is a nation and that all mutants are by default citizens so how can they deny them their mutant rights. What repercussions can there be from the U.N if acting fairly in terms to funding for countries or penalties that can be enacted for violating U.N law.
    This kind of thing already happens in our world. People are trying to get out of oppressive regimes all the time and being executed for even attempting to leave. It's a violation of human rights under the United Nations charter, but no one goes to war over it, they just sanction the country that does it excessively and hope they stop doing it.

Look at all the genocides that occurred in the last 50 years with the united nations just sitting on their hands and saying "bad people doing genocide, please stop, or we'll stop trading with you."

The response from those countries is always "Go F**k yourself!" and they just keep doing the genocide!

The United Nations is so deadlocked, and the big three on the security council rarely ever agree with each other so they just keep the United Nations deadlocked with vetoes!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

So you can sit on the council of the U.N, the U.N as a whole makes a resolution agreeing to the terms that mutants are citizens of the nation of krakoa. And then violate it without it equalling violating U.N law? Is that what your implying. Otherwise they would have to not recognize the U.N first.
    Yes, they still can suffer some sanctions because of violation of human rights.

you can't be punished for something you don't agree

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    This kind of thing already happens in our world. People are trying to get out of oppressive regimes all the time and being executed for even attempting to leave. It's a violation of human rights under the United Nations charter, but no one goes to war over it, they just sanction the country that does it excessively and hope they stop doing it.

Look at all the genocides that occurred in the last 50 years with the united nations just sitting on their hands and saying "bad people doing genocide, please stop, or we'll stop trading with you."

The response from those countries is always "Go F**k yourself!" and they just keep doing the genocide!

The United Nations is so deadlocked, and the big three on the security council rarely ever agree with each other so they just keep the United Nations deadlocked with vetoes!
    That i understand. But for instance how people say the mutants are breaking the law and kidnapping people. But are they kidnapping people if they are simply rescuing their own citizens? And if they are arriving at a gate that was approved upon in that nation for mutant extraction.

IF it was the united states and a bunch of American citizens were trapped inside Krakoa and not able to leave, or if a bunch of Russian citizens or insert any big country, would it be viewed harshly by the world or be able to be as heavily punished if they were mounting missions to extract their people. Or even if there were 100 american's being detained in Russia for no reason and not being able to go home.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

the countries they are in? Like Mauraders for instance. While Russia did not take the deal for the drugs Krakoa has been recognized by the U.N as a whole as a legitimate country and mutants given amnesty and citizenship. So by blocking mutants from leaving for Krakoa or denying access to gates, countries who follow the law of the U.N be violating international law?
    And? There are concentration camps for gays in Russia as we speak. Why should they care about what the U.N, says? at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    And? There are concentration camps for gays in Russia as we speak. Why should they care about what the U.N, says? at all?
    Thank you for enhancing my point but the difference is those are, in most cases russian citizens being detained by their own country. If there were 100 gay russians in an american concentration camp i think russia and the world would have a different view.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

That i understand. But for instance how people say the mutants are breaking the law and kidnapping people. But are they kidnapping people if they are simply rescuing their own citizens? And if they are arriving at a gate that was approved upon in that nation for mutant extraction.

IF it was the united states and a bunch of American citizens were trapped inside Krakoa and not able to leave, or if a bunch of Russian citizens or insert any big country, would it be viewed harshly by the world or be able to be as heavily punished if they were mounting missions to extract their people. Or even if there were 100 american's being detained in Russia for no reason and not being able to go home.
    They aren't kidnapping people; it's pretty clear that's a rescue op through and through. I mean, legally I couldn't say, though I would have thought a nation would have had the right to go in and rescue their citizens? But if not, the X-Men have always been radical on that front, so it's not as if it's a big surprise. It's super-hero vigilantism just, y'know...bigger. Either way, it's the governments who are actively blocking the gates who are in the wrong here; like a civil rights violation at least.

lol, you mean selective diplomacy!

Haha, they do this all the time. There is always some country that gets treated more strictly than any other countries.

I have long suspected that there is a collective conspiracy to keep Iran the way it is for a long time. I think it benefits the US, Russians, and Chinese to keep Iran in a state of desperation and to leave their people under the control of the religious leaders. Perhaps Iran is being treated as a long term oil reserve that can be tapped 50 years for now and just left to rot for the time being. The endless sanctions don't impact the politicians as much as it impacts the people of Iran who are living in fear and things are so expensive there because of the sanctions that everyone is struggling. The majority of the people of Iran hate the regime, but it's so entrenched that it will be almost impossible to get it out now, and in some ways the regime is able to keep better control over everyone because of the sanctions.

I guarantee if Krakoa tool Russian or US prisoners, or even prisoners from Orchis, there would be a massive outcry from the united nations for Krakoa to release the poor human racist prisoners that were captured against their will.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”