Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I also feel like this is a good opportunity to bring up the Inhuman situation again.
    The Inhumans are either already all dead* courtesy of the Kree, dying behind Beta Ray Bill’s skirts or are Kamala. Bringing up the Terrigen crisis looses some of its effectiveness when the heroes also let the Inhumans die in a far more definitive fashion.

Wanda is all the stick you need. Oh, and the heroes allowing a mass revolution of machines/AIs on their watch, judging by the solicits.

*okay, technically they could pull a resurrection so long as Lineage is alive, but despite recycled old MCU rumors, the Inhumans are finished

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Just thought it'd be interesting to discuss.
    The way it was done in X-Men Red, where they are shown in all-hands on deck situations, and provide support whenever the X-Men reach out to them.
    Portraying them as government stooges or with mandatory OOCness the way some X-writers used to casually do is a no-go.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    It depends on the heroes in question. I'd imagine the mini with the FF would have a rocky start, but things will probably end alright with Franklin being given a Krakoan flower so that he can visit Krakoa anytime. For people like Spider-Man, Deadpool and Hulk, I'd imagine that things would be about the same, minus the Krakoan flower. Now if it's the Avengers, the Squadron Supreme or any government sanctioned "heroes", or ones that got issues with mutants, they can get these mutant hands.
    It's always funny when I hear people talk about the Avengers being government-sanctioned when they haven't worked with the government for years.
    And it's always X-Men fans I hear it from too, what a nice coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    It's always funny when I hear people talk about the Avengers being government-sanctioned when they haven't worked with the government for years.
    And it's always X-Men fans I hear it from too, what a nice coincidence.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

BANNED

I mean I could be saying how Xfans constantly try to perpetuate this narrative of the Avengers being government stooges when that's very blatantly not true and never has been or I could be saying something less obvious who knows really?

Extraordinary Member

The non-mutant heroes should talk down to the mutants and treat them all as amateur, 3rd class, D list heroes...that way Marvel can better sell the whole 'all non-mutants are racist against mutants'.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Well, for one, I would like a team-up where no team is necessarily demonized. That's overdone and boring. I don't want to read a X-Men/(Whatever) where it's just the X-Men confronting the other hero on 'why he hasn't helped mutants' or something along those lines. It's honestly vindictive and, as a reader, I already know the reason so I find these scenarios boring.
    While it was a briefly viscerally satisfying moment, for instance, when Emma took Carol Danvers to task for not standing up for mutantkind, back in the day, it rings hollow and feels kind of disingenuous in the end when you realize that the only reason that Carol (and Tony, and Reed, and Cap, etc.) never got involved in the affairs of the X-books was because *the X-writers didn't involve them*, and then Emma is suddenly the voice of the writer, bitching out Carol for *the writers own choices,* which seems kind of fake.

I like a good 'take that' as much as the next (occasionally petty) guy, but when the writer is deliberately setting up characters from other franchises as whipping boys, that feels kind of cheap. Of course Spider Man didn't show up to help against the Sentinels, *because the writer wrote it that way,* so it feels like a cheap writing stunt to gin up righteous fan outrage later over that omission. (Indeed, I sometimes feel there's been too much of that anyway, on the part of some X-writers, deliberately stoking the fires of persecution-complex faux-martyrdom.)

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

And that was already going on even before Marvel Studios went big, causing Marvel to be acquired by the House of Mouse, and "introducing" the minimalization of Fox's corner of Marvel movies including X-Men.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While it was a briefly viscerally satisfying moment, for instance, when Emma took Carol Danvers to task for not standing up for mutantkind, back in the day, it rings hollow and feels kind of disingenuous in the end when you realize that the only reason that Carol (and Tony, and Reed, and Cap, etc.) never got involved in the affairs of the X-books was because *the X-writers didn't involve them*, and then Emma is suddenly the voice of the writer, bitching out Carol for *the writers own choices,* which seems kind of fake.

I like a good 'take that' as much as the next (occasionally petty) guy, but when the writer is deliberately setting up characters from other franchises as whipping boys, that feels kind of cheap. Of course Spider Man didn't show up to help against the Sentinels, *because the writer wrote it that way,* so it feels like a cheap writing stunt to gin up righteous fan outrage later over that omission. (Indeed, I sometimes feel there's been too much of that anyway, on the part of some X-writers, deliberately stoking the fires of persecution-complex faux-martyrdom.)
    Oh yeah New X-Men, I was reading that issue earlier today on Marvel Unlimited, and that disgusted me so much I had to stop reading and put down my tablet, haven't picked it back up all day.
    And situations like that are the worst because the attack was a complete ambush, with a lot factors that no one could've reasonably guessed so it's like what could Carol have actually done to prevent it, I mean hell the Purifiers were tipped off by one of Emma's own students.
    Plus that reminded me how much shit Emma gets away with, which is far far too much.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The Inhumans are either already all dead* courtesy of the Kree, dying behind Beta Ray Bill’s skirts or are Kamala
    This isn’t accurate at all
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Yet you don't see many people praising Thor for helping in the Morlock Massacre. It's really that kind of thing that makes me dislike X-Overs. Many times it's not heroes acting together but the writers forcing a victim complex on the X-Men and try to make every hero incompetent to add to their plight.

BANNED

How it should work: the X-Men are the primary heroes and they only call the other groups when they need help.

And they never need help.

Astonishing Member

It really depends on what office is overseeing the team-up, because the X-Office loves to beat the ‘government strifes/brownshirts’ and the “the ‘heroes’ knowingly did nothing about [insert atrocity here] drums, while the main offices will look up from yet another storyline of the heroes at odds with/fighting/on the run from the government and ask how they were supposed to do anything when the X-office doesn’t tell them about these atrocities ahead of time

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I think it depends on the circumstances, but right now, it'd be great to start with a fresh slate. Of recent runs, Bendis did a great job of fan service that fit the situation - small moments that resolved simmering issues that had been unaddressed. But I don't think Bendis' approach is necessary now, because those types of unresolved tensions have, for the most part, subsided or been addressed. I can't think of anything that's hot right now that X-books need to jump on. So, maybe alliance of equals when there's a legitimate reason or something like Gillen's equality with wariness vibe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    It depends on the heroes in question. I'd imagine the mini with the FF would have a rocky start, but things will probably end alright with Franklin being given a Krakoan flower so that he can visit Krakoa anytime. For people like Spider-Man, Deadpool and Hulk, I'd imagine that things would be about the same, minus the Krakoan flower. Now if it's the Avengers, the Squadron Supreme or any government sanctioned "heroes", or ones that got issues with mutants, they can get these mutant hands.