Default Iron Fist vs. Gambit, Wolverine & Punisher

616. Arena.

1: Regular match

2: No Iron Fist chi attacks
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Fight 1 comes down to what people think of Gambit's speed I suppose as far as people not getting shockwaved onto their asses at minimum at fight start by Danny.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that Gambit's speed over the years here has gone from "accepted mid level BT" to "CBPH-ish." Meaning he's on his ass right away.

In the second fight, it's going to take Danny longer, but this is still a high-end BT versus a bunch of non-BTs, so they aren't going to be able to take him out before he can close and one-shot each of them.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Is there any scenario where Gambit super-charges who then Wolverine runs at Danny as a kamikaze bomb to kill/seriously him in a massive explosion while Gambit and Punisher run for cover... which doesn't exist in the arena.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Second fight at least has the potential for Gambit to charge up something big and boom Danny.

First fight ends pretty quickly, with Danny laying waste to the three before there's a whole lot they can manage.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Second fight at least has the potential for Gambit to charge up something big and boom Danny.

First fight ends pretty quickly, with Danny laying waste to the three before there's a whole lot they can manage.
    Yeah, the potential, buuuuuut this is the arena, and Gambit doesn't really carry bigger stuff with him. Plus, it generally takes him a bit more time to charge bigger stuff, and that's not a luxury he has here.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yeah, the potential, buuuuuut this is the arena, and Gambit doesn't really carry bigger stuff with him. Plus, it generally takes him a bit more time to charge bigger stuff, and that's not a luxury he has here.
    Again, he can use Wolverine as a human bomb. Logan will be fine.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    This, while amusing, might actually work.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Sure, but again, Remy generally can't charge a human up in a second or anything, and Danny can probably cover 30 meters (default arena starting distance) in less than that. Remy also can't THROW Logan more than a few meters. So even if he charges the guy up, we've now got a running glowing impact-sensitive time bomb who is SIGNIFICANTLY slower than the target. This does not bode well unless Danny just forgets to wonder why Logan is red and glowing.

While it's true that it takes Gambit more time to charge bigger stuff, has it ever been said what the ratio is? And I imagine density also plays a hand in it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    While it's true that it takes Gambit more time to charge bigger stuff, has it ever been said what the ratio is? And I imagine density also plays a hand in it, too.
    I don't recall them ever being precise about it. I just recall him doing things like distracting foes by talking while doing it to give himself the time.

I don't recall them ever being precise about it. I just recall him doing things like distracting foes by talking while doing it to give himself the time.
    Damn the nature of nebulous time keeping in comic book storytelling format!

I remember him charging up a large statue (IIRC twice the size of a human), but don't remember the length of time it took to do it. Then there was the time when he charged up Rockslide to turn him into a running bomb, but there was nothing to indicate how much prep time they needed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Damn the nature of nebulous time keeping in comic book storytelling format!
    I mean, how DARE they not think about making it practical for us to use it as feats on Rumbles.

I mean, how DARE they not think about making it practical for us to use it as feats on Rumbles.
    Just wait till the six month time jump and all the changes that happened between charges!