Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    "The X-fans are basically a bunch of people who buy team books that think they should all be solo titles."-Hickman (2019) Straight Truth
    LOL yeah, that’s true.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Proving his point.

Y'all call anything that has a spotlight issue for anyone a solo now. Give me a break.
    Well when it's the same old pets getting all the glory & moments with others revolving then, it comes off that way.

So far, Duggan's Marauders feels like a team book. Already, tge whole team is set up as equala. Excalibur seems good too.

We'll see if it's maintained.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-28-2019 at 07:54 AM.

Listened it full. It was a really good and interesting interview. Highly recommend to listen it full and not just to read highlights mentioned by others.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean X-Men #1 already disproves that but ok.
    I thought that was the premise of X-Men? Each issue is cyclops and a rotating caste of whoever he picked for the mission?

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I thought that was the premise of X-Men? Each issue is cyclops and a rotating caste of whoever he picked for the mission?
    I don't know that he'll always go on the missions himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Crying that we won't get Professor Carey. :~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Yes. Hickman says he's a huge fan of Mike and invited him to write a book, but he was too busy with other work. He also says Carey gave him his blessing on some stuff coming up.
    Noooo. That Moira book would have been perfect for him

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I haven’t seen this been said anywhere yet

Boss Man calling the standard half of Avengers a mess makes me feel alive.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    I haven’t seen this been said anywhere yet
    It said something about Cyclops hand picked teams of mutant power houses, something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Boss Man calling the standard half of Avengers a mess makes me feel alive.
    Yes. I think because he sees half of Avengers a mess he delayed HOX POX with AOX-Man. That delay made enough of time to make HOX POX into a quality event.

BANNED

I liked his Avengers!

Mighty Member

His avengers better than his HoX/PoX.

At least as long as that PoX half exists.

I'm never not going to dunk on PoX, that book is bad.

That was a good listen.

You have to give it to him....he seemed to really grasp what was broken about the X-Men (and also about superhero comics in general). Seems like the best first step to solving the problems.

I really like his Avengers stuff, too, but New Avengers was clearly the more meaningful book there. The regular Avengers book was full of awesome ideas, but you could tell it didn’t have the time to get all those different elements to gel into a complete story. Some of the later events and revelations felt a bit rushed or not fully cooked. I think the fact that he knows this and is comfortable talking about it shows that he’s trying to improve as a writer.

I’m really interested to see where things will be going. I feel a little spoiled after HOX/POX because the momentum has slowed a bit now as the books all launch and do the required table setting.

BANNED

Fantastic interview. I kind of love that he unapologetically has no time for our collective dramatics and sense of entitlement.

(Even though Storm is the most culturally significant character in the line by far. Fight me on that.)
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 10-28-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Listened it full. It was a really good and interesting interview. Highly recommend to listen it full and not just to read highlights mentioned by others.
    Yep, highly recommend everyone listen rather than just reading bullet points, that being said here's some bullet points:

• Marvel expects him to read and give notes on all the scripts across the line but he tries not to do that because he doesn't want to be controlling.
    • Part of the reason for the resurrection plot point was to get away from character dying stories because he feels 1) they don't mean anything anymore and 2) he thinks they've contributed to the books and fandom becoming a "dark and destructive" place. He wants to do stories that are additive instead of destructive.
    • Like has been mentioned he wanted Carey to do a book but Carey is too busy.
    • Kieron Gillen has a standing offer to do a book.
    • He'll be dropping into other books over the next few years and doing 5-6 issues in order to setup future storylines like he's doing with New Mutants.