Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Spirit your arguements are not substaniated. Or maybe you're not articulating your thoughts correctly.

Everything that he is doing makes sense for the overall picture of the new status quo.

You literally are being narrow minded and looking at it only from your perspective.

Youre being critical which is fine. But what you are saying doesnt make sense to your points.

Youre saying he's using his favorites. When everyone agrees that their roles makes sense to the new status quo.

The reason they are being spotlighted makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Your absolutely right but it does inform those who choose to respond to it. If someone tells me they aren't a good writer and not a creative and can't provide an example of something more in line with what their actually looking for when it comes to a story they feel someone is writing from a viewpoint of personal biases i can sit back and understand they are just complaining and venting and not actually offering anything constructive. Its just responding to your personal taste.
    Well I'm not being paid for that. I ddin't even came with the basis of the story, that just make anyhting even hard for me. it's like continuitng a script and I have to find a way out of something completely strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    That's interesting...a lot of times, Hickman gets criticized for being too story driven.
    X-men he surprised me how much character driven he is for some characters

Whoever is making the criticism. If you want to criticize his work, it helps if you take the next step and give examples.

In his case, he criticized the fanbase for having some odd expectations....and also Marvel's part in setting those expectations. He explained it pretty well in the interview.
    Seems more like he want to do his work without worrying about how much he is writing or not writing other characters, fair enough. that is the dream of every writer

but what is backing up? because I don't see fans with impossible expectations. Magoot won't be a protagonist for example

Okay.....so in Hox/PoX and issue 1 of X-Men, which characters that were spotlighted were not matched well with what happened in the story?

Give some examples that show these characters are not being chosen for their role in the story, but only because Hickman likes them.
    Emma being on UN after all the bad rep she has, Cyclops being the only protagonist of x-men. Sinister ever being on krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think all these characters were choosen to fit, there is a very cloear bias for some and I see that i lot of people noticed it.
    Their is no bias. Each characters role makes sense.

Jean doesnt have the funds or the pull like Emma does business wise. Politically yes maybe. But Jean would not have used her powers to influence. And Xavier specifically states that it will probably come back and bite them in the ass. They were starting a nation. And people did things that had to be done.

Cyclops is basically the leader of the X-Men. It makes sense to have his perspective.

He's literally had this since Utopia.

Magneto was ALWAYS pro mutant. Him having an important role on Krakoa MAKES SENSE.

Tell me why their roles DO NOT MAKE SENSE. And don't bring up Emma's past. She's been through more than just her villainous ways.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Their is no bias. Each characters role makes sense.

Jean doesnt have the funds or the pull like Emma does business wise. Politically yes maybe. But Jean would not have used her powers to influence. And Xavier specifically states that it will probably come back and bite them in the ass.

Cyclops is basically the leader of the X-Men. It makes sense to have his perspective.

He's literally had this since Utopia.

Magneto was ALWAYS pro mutant. Him having an important role on Krakoa MAKES SENSE.

Tell me why their roles DO NOT MAKE SENSE. And don't bring up Emma's past. She's been through more than just her villainous ways.
    Emma did bad things recently on x-men, of course I have to bring it up. Warren is rich too, why not him?

Cyclops is not the only leader that deserves the spotlight on the flagship book. Clearly Hickman choose him for afinity;

magneto would be best case of being coincidence between being favorite and needed for the sotry, but all the spotlight seems excessive to me

Storm and Cyclops were in issue one. Both got spotlight.

Also you're not answering why their roles do not make sense.

You're ignoring all the points other people make to stay on your narrative.

Amazing Member

I'm getting so tired of the same few people having to turn every thread/every topic into what they feel is a mistreatment of their favourite character.

WE GET IT!!! Now please, come to terms with Dawn of X not being for you, and either accept it, or move on. I promise you, your life will be better for it. Because this is just an unhealthy obsession, with an ideal that will never exist.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

So Hickman didn't gave his favorites the best roles? it is not coincidence, it was all crafted from the very fundation of his story
    I don't recall him listing Moira, Cypher, Sinister, Mystique, Destiny, Polaris and Madelyn as favorites, yet so far they've had interesting scenes and/or some set up for key roles down the line. Moira, obviously, in particular.

Your favorite isn't (yet?) getting the spotlight you feel she should have. That's really the long and short of it. And your favorite has a regular role in one of the books and, co-starring in a one-shot and will likely appear in X-Men. That is far more than some characters get, I think she's gonna be fine.

Yeah this is getting a little much. I've noticed the engagement before and ive tried to understand the other perspective. But no. I can see that this individual has a one track mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't recall him listing Moira, Cypher, Sinister, Mystique, Destiny, Polaris and Madelyn as favorites, yet so far they've had interesting scenes and/or some set up for key roles down the line. Moira, obviously, in particular.

Your favorite isn't (yet?) getting the spotlight you feel she should have. That's really the long and short of it. And your favorite has a regular role in one of the books and, co-starring in a one-shot and will likely appear in X-Men. That is far more than some characters get, I think she's gonna be fine.
    Sinister is in his favorite list.

Moira basically became his OC an plot devices. And these other had small roles.

Gonna have to go out from gym. bye BRB

They really need to update the ignore button. Because these people still show up with all the engagement we give them.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post

I just wanted to point out that the New Universe stuff that you thought was interesting was based primarily on Warren Ellis’s take on the concepts in newuniversal. So perhaps you may see the appeal of Ellis, after all, as Hickman did.
    I am aware of the irony yes. Sometimes it takes writers you like to point out the things you don’t get in other writers.

But again it’s not that I don’t like him, it’s that I don’t really get why people say he is great. But I can’t understand why people don’t all love Spurrier either. We all have divergent tastes.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Emma being on UN after all the bad rep she has, Cyclops being the only protagonist of x-men. Sinister ever being on krakoa
    Emma meting with the UN: Why not? Do you think that most UN members would see the difference between Emma Frost and Jean Grey? To may of them, it's likely a case of one mutant's the same as any other. And we see why she's there from Xavier's point of view.....she does what's needed even if it's morally questionable. That's a very specifically Emma thing, no?

Cyclops isn't the only protagonist in the X-Men comic. Storm, Magneto, and Polaris were all right there with him. Then the family got a good amount of focus. Cyclops was the central character, sure, and he likely will be central in many other issues, but I don't think this is a "Cyclops and the X-Men" book. However, it's far too soon to accurately say.

Sinister being on Krakoa seems to have a lot of story related reasons, no? The whole database of genetics, and certainly the idea that he will likely betray them all.....but also that they've seen him betray them all before in Moira's life 9.....so they're aware that he's a necessary evil for now. Which again, seems to be a big part of the story.

First don't criticize on the fans for having favorites and wanting them to have a spotlight, then do the same thing
    He didn’t criticise them for having favourites. You saw an implied criticism in his observation.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I am aware of the irony yes. Sometimes it takes writers you like to point out the things you don’t get in other writers.

But again it’s not that I don’t like him, it’s that I don’t really get why people say he is great. But I can’t understand why people don’t all love Spurrier either. We all have divergent tastes.
    His X-Men Legacy was great, his X-Force was pretty bad. Very bad actually.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah this is getting a little much. I've noticed the engagement before and ive tried to understand the other perspective. But no. I can see that this individual has a one track mind.
    We have two people here who are addicted to thread derailment because of character stanning. I suggest they get their own sub-forum.