Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Scott shouts "Jean" a lot.
    If there was ANYTHING at all about the classic animated series that grated on my nerves, it's Scott's voice actor's delivery of most his "Jean!" shouts.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    FF was certainly Reed and pals or Frank and pals because they were the core of the book, but the balance was muuuuuuuch better than Avengers.
    I liked how in this interview Hickman just straight-up said "New Avengers was the good book, Avengers was a mess".

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This is my new fetish

Hickman is quickly climbing to be one of my top favorite X-Men scribes. For the longest time, I had pitched (to no one other than my own boyfriend and the X-Boards here, haha) this idea to help revitalize the X-Men. That Lorna should take reign of the X-Men and rebuild Genosha; with the X-Books focusing more on mutant society. If mutants built their own society, what would their politics be? Economy be? Culture be?

I even wrote X-Men character studies in which I stated in the POV of Erik, "It's a funny thing; humans, that is. They devise a word defining charity out of their own name."

Hickman and I have always been on the same brainwaves and, yes, I will now call him Lord Hickman. I'm a huge fan of Krakoa and what he's doing for the X-Men. I loved how he looked at comic deaths and said, "**** it," and resurrected everyone and explained how in a single issue. I also wondered if they purposefully had Rosenberg kill off so many characters, which is a direct opposition of what Hickman is doing, to show that contrast.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

boy, i dont like Hickmans ‘style’, or his ideas of what makes a good X story

He says the Xmen were broken, i dont think so
    He says the metaphor was not broad enough, universal, enough. I don’t think so.

Its gonna be a long few years.

Marauders #1 sucked.

BANNED

You know the phenomenon where if you repeat a word over and over, you kinda...start wondering what it means anymore?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    You know the phenomenon where if you repeat a word over and over, you kinda...start wondering what it means anymore?
    Best conversation Jean and Scott never had.

Nrama: We’ve seen plenty of mutants on the covers for X-Men so far. Who would you say comprises the core cast?

White: Cyclops.

That’s it for the core! But every issue, Scott is calling on the best and brightest to tackle whatever adventure awaits. He’s got all of mutantkind at his fingertips, he’s going to be bringing in some great surprises.

HiX-Man is Cyke's solo with guest starring X-Men.
    White is not afraid to confirm it. He told it before.

Of course it shouldn't be like it.

So let me see if I understand correctly

Jim Lee era X-men: Cyclops solo
    Morrison era X-men: Cyclops solo
    Bendis era X-men: Cyclops solo
    Whedon X-men: Cyclops solo
    Rosenberg Uncanny: Cyclops solo

Apparently Cyclops in a Leadership position + Plus stories with him as important= Solo. I never thought I would be on a X-forum explaining how the first leader of the X-men, The character who has been traditional main field leader and is one the who has general takeover the X-men org when Xavier is not around.Is important character to the franchise and popular character so he gets to be front center in things when he is leader. How is the set up of X-men different from another X book in past? How is book leader guaranteed to get slight more time any different book from the past ala Extraordinary X-men (Storm) X-men Gold era(Kitty) Post Schim (Wolverine). OMG the tactical leader of the X-men at the time is front center that makes the book a solo not tactical leader well leading. The fact people don't really understand the team leadership dynamic and historical importance individuals on the X-men is kinda baffling. But then it isn't because you see this quote

"The X-fans are basically a bunch of people who buy team books that think they should all be solo titles"

You realize it is dead on but apparently you have make adjustment to statement that "The X-fans are basically a bunch of people who buy team books that think they should all be solo titles or they think their favorite characters should get as much time more popular characters or characters given important roles in the story". But anyways covers are not completely indicative of what happens inside of book but when a writer says stories are mostly one shots and you see these covers

with these descriptions

X-men 4 The Krakoan leaders attend and economic forum to show the humans what real power looks like.

X-men 5 The X-Men, the most powerful heroes on the planet, deal with an old nemesis’ surprising return

Xmen 6 Mystique goes to extraordinary lengths to get what she wants

Yeah it is going to be a Cyclops solo but in within 3 issues, The primary focus is going to shift away from him.X-fans sigh
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-29-2019 at 02:11 AM.

Thse are just covers. Will see what will be inside. With White answer it easy can be: Cyke and co protects mutants on economic forum/Cyke and co stop Mystique, etc.

It is normal that you like such books. I don`t like any team books with focus on only on 1 main character. It don`t matter if it is Cyke or other character.

Cyke is a good character and I like when he is written well. I don`t like when writer is trying to make everyhing around Cyke. Solo series must be a solo series and team books must be team books.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Thse are just covers. Will see what will be inside. With White answer it easy can be: Cyke and co protects mutants on economic forum/Cyke and co stop Mystique, etc.

It is normal that you like such books. I don`t like any team books with focus on only on 1 main character. It don`t matter if it is Cyke or other character.

Cyke is a good character and I like when he is written well. I don`t like when writer is trying to make everyhing around Cyke. Solo series must be a solo series and team books must be team books.
    Does "The Krakoan leaders attend and economic forum to show the humans what real power looks like" and "Mystique goes to extraordinary lengths to get what she wants" sound like Cyclops is focal point of those stories?

JDW explained the general concept "Cyclops who is tactical leader is picking teams for missions" nowhere does it say Cyclops is going to be on every mission or even in every book. Hickman already said it is rotating cast and he isn't telling a centralize tale but mostly one shot stories . The highlighted part is the key that is receipe for moving around to different characters and different story focuses. I told people that over and over that Cyclops, Corsair, Rachel Grey, Cable, Vulcan, Jean Grey, and Wolverine weren't going to be some long term team, I am telling people that Cyclops isn't going to dominate time as much people are thinking. Cyclops because of his position is going to get time but that is no different than any other time he was the tactical field leader of the X-men. When you read what Hickman is saying and read his past work it shows what is going to happen. Anyways we just have to wait 3 issues to whats up.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-29-2019 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Does "The Krakoan leaders attend and economic forum to show the humans what real power looks like" and "Mystique goes to extraordinary lengths to get what she wants" sound like Cyclops is focal point of those stories?

JDW explained the general concept "Cyclops who is tactical leader is picking teams for missions" nowhere does it say Cyclops is going to be on every mission or even in every book. Hickman already said it is rotating cast and he isn't telling a centralize tale but mostly one shot stories . The highlighted part is the key that is receipe for moving around to different characters. I told people that over and over that Cyclops, Corsair, Rachel Grey, Cable, Vulcan, Jean Grey, and Wolverine weren't going to be some long term team, I am telling people that Cyclops isn't going to dominate time as much people are thinking. Cyclops because of his position is going to get time but that is no different than any other time he was the tactical field leader of the X-men.
    Nrama: We’ve seen plenty of mutants on the covers for X-Men so far. Who would you say comprises the core cast?

White: Cyclops.

That’s it for the core!
    But every issue, Scott is calling on the best and brightest to tackle whatever adventure awaits. He’s got all of mutantkind at his fingertips, he’s going to be bringing in some great surprises.

You just don`t see it or don`t want to see. Not interested to continue it. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-29-2019 at 02:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    No, generally for the ones who are punching up, it is making light of a pretty shitty situation. Hellion saw his best friend depowered and burned to a crisp, so he sees it as not a big deal if he calls a human a “flatscan.” Emma got her 2/3 of her student generations killed so what harm is there in insulting humans?? It’s a cathartic for people to punch up. It isn’t stooping down to Magneto’s level (imo) because I believe he wants to achieve something more than just an offhand comment.
    If you say so. I think we're just at an ideological impasse here; what you call cathartic, I just call mean and divisive.

What Hickman said about the book points to something different than that. If you have concept with a rotating cast because a singular character is the one picking the teams then that character is the only core cast member BUT if that person selects a team to go on a stealth mission or undercover mission they don't have to be on the team. Cyclops is a character and a plot device, I am sure Cyclop the character is going to be on teams, But Cyclops the plot device aka Captain Commander aka Charlie from Charlie's Angel is also going to pick groups that he isn't going to be on.

X-men is one of the most exciting books because Hickman(via Cyclops the plot device) can put together any combination of X-men to do stories about. If Hickman wants to do a story about Vulcan,Darwin,Sway and Petra on mission he can, He wants to use Banshee, Nightcrawler, Storm, Wolverine ,Colossus and Cyclops he can use them. We will see I guess