Page 77 of 149 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2229

There's a rumor that Cavill signed a deal to play Superman again. If true would this jeopardize any possible future seasons of this series?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There's a rumor that Cavill signed a deal to play Superman again. If true would this jeopardize any possible future seasons of this series?
    Doubt that is the case. That was the old regime who carried that philosophy. CW wants this Superman show to be the flagship. They're investing a lot into it.

Incredible Member

It's a rumour from just one very nothing site, so I guess don't put too much stock in it.

But, if it were true, I think WB have proven that they're long past caring about having multiple versions of characters co-existing. The show is safe as long as it's successful in its own right.

Considering the DCEU Flash meeting the CW Flash - and giving him the name "Flash" in the process - was so well received from Crisis I highly doubt that that ban is still in any kind of effect. If it ever was. Hoechlin was cast on Supergirl in 2016. Two years before Justice League bombed and the DECU Superman was mothballed. Smallville coexisted with Superman Returns. "Batman" was on Gotham.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I mean, the show's already been greenlit. So I doubt they'll pull it off the air. Plus, even when that old rule was in place, it was sporadically used at best. Superman Returns came out when Smallville was on the air.
    Assassinate Putin!

Nah. For one that site isn’t reputable. For another they’ve already shown they’re ok with multiple character actors coexisting (Batman, Flash) and Cavill is no sure thing.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah. For one that site isn’t reputable. For another they’ve already shown they’re ok with multiple character actors coexisting (Batman, Flash) and Cavill is no sure thing.
    Is it just the one site?
    It seems to be floating around on a few news sites after a google search, but I'm not sure how reliable any of them are. Nothing like Forbes or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Is it just the one site?
    It seems to be floating around on a few news sites after a google search, but I'm not sure how reliable any of them are. Nothing like Forbes or anything.
    Origin is The Cultured Nerd which repeatedly claimed Ben Affleck HBO Max Batman series would be announced at DC Fandome. They don’t have inside sources, they just throw stuff at the wall and hope it sticks. If we go all day today without an announcement you can discount it, Variety, THR, and Deadline would definitely let us know if more Cavill Superman is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Considering the DCEU Flash meeting the CW Flash - and giving him the name "Flash" in the process - was so well received from Crisis I highly doubt that that ban is still in any kind of effect. If it ever was. Hoechlin was cast on Supergirl in 2016. Two years before Justice League bombed and the DECU Superman was mothballed. Smallville coexisted with Superman Returns. "Batman" was on Gotham.
    Yeah, the duplicate character ban which forced Arrow to get rid of the Suicide Squad in season 3 was ditched about a year later. They weren't going to axe the successful Flash TV show just because Barry was going to be in the Justice League movie. Arrow season 6 actually mentioned Bruce Wayne by name (Stephen Amell's idea - he actually expected Warner to say no, but they let him make the reference!), a little over a year before Batwoman debuted, and Superman had debuted in Supergirl the previous year, so any ban was definitely gone by then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Supergirl’s next season will be her last: https://deadline.com/2020/09/supergi...st-1234582197/

Figured this was going to happen. Benoist’s pregnancy to me seemed a clear sign that she was getting ready to move on to a new stage of her life and career. Makes a lot of sense now why they’re doubling down on Superman & Lois, this will be one of the two tentpole shows alongside Flash. And now those of you worried Superman was still going to be “shown up” can rest easy lol. He’ll be one of the central characters going forward for sure.

Supergirl’s next season will be her last: https://deadline.com/2020/09/supergi...st-1234582197/

Figured this was going to happen. Benoist’s pregnancy to me seemed a clear sign that she was getting ready to move on to a new stage of her life and career. Makes a lot of sense now why they’re doubling down on Superman & Lois, this will be one of the two tentpole shows alongside Flash. And now those of you worried Superman was still going to be “shown up” can rest easy lol. He’ll be one of the central characters going forward for sure.
    I hope Benoist guest stars in S&L every now and then along with J'onn, Alex, Brainy etc. It would be good to see more super cousins interactions now that Clark has his own show, assuming she's not killed off at the end. Guessing she either goes to the future like in the dcau or retires to argo.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I wonder how they'll end the show? Goes off to live in some Kryptonian colony somewhere? I also wonder if this was already in the works and that's why S&L was greenlit.
    Assassinate Putin!

I feel like Supergirl ending has been more and more likely, so this doesn't surprise me, and we'll still have a Super show on the air and less of a possible issue of redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I wonder how they'll end the show? Goes off to live in some Kryptonian colony somewhere? I also wonder if this was already in the works and that's why S&L was greenlit.
    Brainy and Dreamer are both Legionnaires, so maybe she joins them in the future.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I bet this means they'll let Clark get his job back as reporter somewhere in season 2.