Page 88 of 149 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    The S stands for Superman (or it's the Kryptonian insignia for Hope, it depends on the story).
    That's the comics. In the Arrowverse, it means Stronger Together.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's the comics. In the Arrowverse, it means Stronger Together.
    LOL LOL "This is my fight song"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So a big fat load of nothing then.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...tman-show/amp/

He defeated a mind controlled Superman in Crisis on Infinite Earths and in an episode before the fight with Kara saved her from Metallo.
    I think he held off a mind controlled Superman more than he really defeated him in my opinion. Lois knocked out Luthor.

I don't think Superman has been treated terribly on Supergirl but I think he has definitely had to be scaled back in terms of importance or effectiveness in order to play a supporting role and not overshadow Kara. Which, fortunately, this show no longer has any obligation to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he held off a mind controlled Superman more than he really defeated him in my opinion. Lois knocked out Luthor.

I don't think Superman has been treated terribly on Supergirl but I think he has definitely had to be scaled back in terms of importance or effectiveness in order to play a supporting role and not overshadow Kara. Which, fortunately, this show no longer has any obligation to do.
    This.

I don't think we have to worry about Superman playing second to Kara on his own show, maybe if/when he appear on the final season of Supergirl, but not on Superman and Lois. They don't have to overcompensate it, they just have to show Superman being competent and efficient on his own show, not relying on others ALL the time, and specially not talking about how his cousin is way better than him.

Actually, my main concern is that S&L takes the Black Lighting route, with Superman becoming the "concerned dad and husband", while his kids and Lois get all the action and are the ones who moves the plot. This is a problem that have started to bring BL down, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    This.

I don't think we have to worry about Superman playing second to Kara on his own show, maybe if/when he appear on the final season of Supergirl, but not on Superman and Lois. They don't have to overcompensate it, they just have to show Superman being competent and efficient on his own show, not relying on others ALL the time, and specially not talking about how his cousin is way better than him.

Actually, my main concern is that S&L takes the Black Lighting route, with Superman becoming the "concerned dad and husband", while his kids and Lois get all the action and are the ones who moves the plot. This is a problem that have started to bring BL down, imo.
    I hope we get to see Clark and Lois as a team who both bring something important to the table without necessarily overshadowing the other.

Luthor is a normal human. Knocking him out is a far less efficient feat.

Black Lightning does move the plot. Just because his wife and kids get some development and agency on the show does not mean they get all the action.

Supporting cast are supposed to do a lot more than stand around and let the main protagonist do everything.

Luthor is a normal human. Knocking him out is a far less efficient feat.
    I'm not arguing that, so much as what actually resolved the situation.
    Black Lightning does move the plot. Just because his wife and kids get some development and agency on the show does not mean they get all the action.

Supporting cast are supposed to do a lot more than stand around and let the main protagonist do everything.
    I don't think people are arguing for supporting casts to do nothing, but that there is a propensity for the titular Superhero in a CW show to take a backseat to their supporting cast's plots or actions while also requiring them to be far more instrumental in the hero actually doing anything than you would expect (Cough)Team Flash(Cough).

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah and it's a petty and dumb reason to hate this version of Superman.
    And people can't hate something for petty and dumb reason? I don't characters without a backbone.who gets to decide what's petty and what's legitimate?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-10-2020 at 09:48 PM.

I'm not complaining about Anissa, Jennifer and Lynn getting good stories, it's great. What I want is for Jefferson to also get good stories, and he don't.

Anissa get's all the action, she have Grace, she have her vigilante/revolutionary/hero indentities, Jennifer is discovering her huge powers, becoming a hero and Khalil, Lynn have the meta kids and her addiction.

Jefferson plot is, he worries about his family, walks around quoting a lot of people that as a non american I don't know who the are, every couple episodes he fights a few henchmen, usually because Anissa asked for help, then at the end of the season he end up fighting Tobias or Gravedigger by chance, because the story would make much more sense if was Thunder or Lightning facing the bad guy.

That's what I don't want to happen to Superman, to become the least interesting character on his own show, to just worry about his sons getting or not getting powers and if Lois is investigating something dangerous, then stop some nameless bad guy once in a while, until he eventually fight the bad guy in the season finale.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 11-11-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Spectacular Member

I'm not complaining about Anissa, Jennifer and Lynn getting good stories, it's great. What I want is for Jefferson to also get good stories, and he don't.

Anissa get's all the action, she have Grace, she have her vigilante/revolutionary/hero indentities, Jennifer is discovering her huge powers, becoming a hero and Khalil, Lynn have the meta kids and her addiction.

Jefferson plot is, he worries about his family, walks around quoting a lot of people that as a non american I don't know who the are, every couple episodes he fights a few henchmen, usually because Anissa asked for help, then at the end of the season he end up fighting Tobias or Gravedigger by chance, because the story would make much more sense if was Thunder or Lightning facing the bad guy.

That's what I don't want to happen to Superman, to become the least interesting character on his own show, to just worry about his sons getting or not getting powers and if Lois is investigating something dangerous, then stop some nameless bad guy once in a while, until he eventually fight the bad guy in the season finale.
    Your concerns are valid. My understanding is that this show is gonna be a spiritual sequel to Smallville, except Clark and Lois are the Pa and Ma Kent. One of the sons will have abilities the other wont. Clark will be fired from the Daily Planet so Lois will keep her job at the Planet. One of the sons will have a crush on Lana Langs daughter. So it's gonna definitely have a Smallvile feel to it. And I'm okay with that, I love Smallville. It's fitting since Smallville is the godfather to the Arrowverse.

I'm wondering if we're going to get less Supervillains because of Covid.

I'm wondering if we're going to get less Supervillains because of Covid.
    I think the plan was always for it to be more “low level” given it takes place in Smallville, but I do hope to see Brainiac show up in the show at some point. Maybe next season? It looks like a vaccine for Covid is close to being ready thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think the plan was always for it to be more “low level” given it takes place in Smallville, but I do hope to see Brainiac show up in the show at some point. Maybe next season? It looks like a vaccine for Covid is close to being ready thankfully.
    You could probably get around fighting Brainiac with a bunch of CGI.