Page 59 of 149 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don't know what to tell you then. The premise is that he's been an established superhero in this universe for close to 15 years. We know he battled Doomsday, Zod, Luthor multiple times, etc. If your issue is just with Hoechlin, that's different, but it was established pretty early on on Supergirl that he'd have many adventures to the point where the DEO basically had a receiving line to shake his hand when he showed up. So it's really not a stretch that Barry would like him and value his approval. With Crisis Barry has now experienced all his initial exploits first hand, so it actually makes more sense. But when it comes down to it, no one really did anything in Crisis besides Oliver. People slobber over Routh's Superman here, and he quite literally did nothing in Crisis except die so...
    I think having Hoechlin get to finally step out of being a supporting character for Kara will help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don't know what to tell you then. The premise is that he's been an established superhero in this universe for close to 15 years. We know he battled Doomsday, Zod, Luthor multiple times, etc. If your issue is just with Hoechlin, that's different, but it was established pretty early on on Supergirl that he'd have many adventures to the point where the DEO basically had a receiving line to shake his hand when he showed up. So it's really not a stretch that Barry would like him and value his approval. With Crisis Barry has now experienced all his initial exploits first hand, so it actually makes more sense. But when it comes down to it, no one really did anything in Crisis besides Oliver. People slobber over Routh's Superman here, and he quite literally did nothing in Crisis except die so...

but we never saw him fighting those villains, we were just told not shown.

It is an interesting element post crisis as far as who remembers what. To be fair to Stargazer, Barry is a paragon, so he shouldn’t remember post crisis. In his show he has no idea why his pre crisis friend pied piper now hates him. And then there’s those from non-earth 38 who got memories back from J’onn, both Vibe and Black Lightning both go out of their way to express bewilderment that Superman has always been around in prime earth.
    That being said Barry may very well have googled Superman after they beat the anti monitor and was like “holy **** this guy’s saved the planet like a dozen times! Why did I diss him in my musical episode!?!?”
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-03-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm not complaining, but I find it amusing that the actress cast to play Lana Lang--Montreal born Emmanuelle Chriqui--is 44 years old and Tyler Hoechlin is 32. But she looks just as young as him. The first thing I remember seeing her in was the Canadian science fiction series PSI FACTOR: CHRONICLES OF THE PARANORMAL. The woman doesn't age.
    Sharon Leal, who plays Miss Martian, is 47 years old and if I didn't know any better I would swear she is in her early to mid 20s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm not complaining, but I find it amusing that the actress cast to play Lana Lang--Montreal born Emmanuelle Chriqui--is 44 years old and Tyler Hoechlin is 32. But she looks just as young as him. The first thing I remember seeing her in was the Canadian science fiction series PSI FACTOR: CHRONICLES OF THE PARANORMAL. The woman doesn't age.
    I know you meant this as an utmost compliment but I really wish we could stop discourse like this period around women and age.

Emmanuelle ::has:: aged and that isn’t a bad thing. Women do not always have to look crazy young to be gorgeous and we need to stop equating women “not looking their age” as the best compliment you can pay them.

I’m not blaming you because it’s a very common dialogue but it’s problematic dialogue that actually just reinforces that women have to look “young” eternally to be considered worthy of love and affection. Whereas, Brandon Routh, got his grey emphasized to play Superman in December and all we heard was how it was so refreshing to have a “mature” “older” Superman who “looked older”—-you literally never would see a woman treated like that. You see the problem?

Also, it’s not lost on me that literally every Lois Lane actress has been older than her Superman actor and faced relentless, abusive misogyny for it on nearly every front for years on end and now, all of a sudden, Lana Lang is 12 years older and all of a sudden it’s no biggie. This isn’t something you did personally but, in general, i just really wish all these women could exist without this dehumanizing rhetoric. Literally no one has ever given the actress playing Lois Lane this much grace, she’s always treated like garbage and I’m just over it.

(This doesn’t even get into the reality that celebs have access to skincare, Botox, plastic surgery and other privileged factors that non-wealthy people don’t have access to. That’s a whole other can of worms.)
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 05-04-2020 at 02:07 PM.

BANNED

Double post.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 05-04-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Retired

Yes, I've removed the post.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Sharon Leal, who plays Miss Martian, is 47 years old and if I didn't know any better I would swear she is in her early to mid 20s.
    That shocked me when I looked her up once.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    but we never saw him fighting those villains, we were just told not shown.
    Which for the most part I'm fine with. I absolutely LOVE getting away from the origin and clueless rookie story that every story ever wants to start with. The idea of a full fledged Superman in the middle of his career has a LOT of appeal to me. In fact that was one of the things I liked most about season 1 of Supergirl. It was still an origin story, but she already had her powers. She already wanted to help people. She didn't have to work her way up through misery and tragedy to become a hero while kicking and screaming... She was giddy about using the powers she'd had for years and it was fun.

Now I'm curious how it will work with Superman. I have no problem with him already having adventures... but i wonder how it will play in the story. Supergirl has already copied most of his major enemies and the big ones left are already told... so it will be interesting to see how smoothly they can have Zod or Luthor or metallo or doomsday show back up.

OR they may just scrub what we were told in Supergirl. Call it Post-Crisis and start it all over fresh. It wouldn't be the first time that Arrow-verse did something in season 4 that completely contradicted what they said in season 2....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Now I'm curious how it will work with Superman. I have no problem with him already having adventures... but i wonder how it will play in the story. Supergirl has already copied most of his major enemies and the big ones left are already told... so it will be interesting to see how smoothly they can have Zod or Luthor or metallo or doomsday show back up.

OR they may just scrub what we were told in Supergirl. Call it Post-Crisis and start it all over fresh. It wouldn't be the first time that Arrow-verse did something in season 4 that completely contradicted what they said in season 2....
    I keep hearing this but on the TV show Supergirl has never faced Doomsday, Brainiac, DarkSeid, Mongul, Zod, Bizarro, Lobo, Intergang, The Eradicator. So far the only ones that are dead are Metallo, Livewire, Parasite,
    Manchester Black, and Toyman. So Silver Banshee, Bloodsport, Mxyzptlk, Bruno Mannheim, Morgan Edge, Agent Liberty still could turn up again. So far Lex Luthor isn't dead. And there are dozens of lesser villains that
    are fair game. That's 4 or 5 seasons worth of villains right there.
    And even of the dead ones, several other versions of Metallo and two versions of Parasite have already shown up. So nothing stopping yet more of them. Of the other major Supergirl villains there was Astra, Lillian Luthor,
    Queen Rhea, Reign, Purity, Pestilence - none of which were Superman villains. Is there another major enemy I am forgetting about that is off limits because she or her already died on Supergirl?

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/...444201984?s=21
    After years of people thinking DCAU Lex was black, we’re finally getting a black Lex. Gotta admit I was disappointed that the first season Big Bad was yet again Lex, but this is intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    After years of people thinking DCAU Lex was black, we’re finally getting a black Lex. Gotta admit I was disappointed that the first season Big Bad was yet again Lex, but this is intriguing.
    I still think this will be some version of Alexander Luthor.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Doesn't CW already have a Lex?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Doesn't CW already have a Lex?
    Jon Cryer. But in the leaked pilot script this was a Lex that was dumped into the Prime Earth after Crisis. So it's "a" Lex.

I really don't see the point of this Superman fighting a version of Lex that isn't even his...and I don't have anything against the actor, but he's going to have a big suit to fill after how much Cryer has owned the role on Supergirl.

Not really crazy about this to be honest.