Page 89 of 149 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2229
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You could probably get around fighting Brainiac with a bunch of CGI.
    On a CW budget?!?!?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I'm not complaining about Anissa, Jennifer and Lynn getting good stories, it's great. What I want is for Jefferson to also get good stories, and he don't.

Anissa get's all the action, she have Grace, she have her vigilante/revolutionary/hero indentities, Jennifer is discovering her huge powers, becoming a hero and Khalil, Lynn have the meta kids and her addiction.

Jefferson plot is, he worries about his family, walks around quoting a lot of people that as a non american I don't know who the are, every couple episodes he fights a few henchmen, usually because Anissa asked for help, then at the end of the season he end up fighting Tobias or Gravedigger by chance, because the story would make much more sense if was Thunder or Lightning facing the bad guy.

That's what I don't want to happen to Superman, to become the least interesting character on his own show, to just worry about his sons getting or not getting powers and if Lois is investigating something dangerous, then stop some nameless bad guy once in a while, until he eventually fight the bad guy in the season finale.
    iTS out of your control, If people take to teen jon on this show and he gains tractions and popularity dont be surprised if it centralizes around him

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    And people can't hate something for petty and dumb reason? I don't characters without a backbone.who gets to decide what's petty and what's legitimate?
    Sure they can, but they'll remain petty and dumb - things which aren't good for people to do. Stealing the spotlight from Supergirl in her own show, despite the fact in the comics she has a past of being stronger than him, isn't having a spine it's incredibly tone deaf, especially on a show which prides itself on being feminist. I don't think people would be ok if Supergirl did this to Superman on his own show.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Sure they can, but they'll remain petty and dumb - things which aren't good for people to do. Stealing the spotlight from Supergirl in her own show, despite the fact in the comics she has a past of being stronger than him, isn't having a spine it's incredibly tone deaf, especially on a show which prides itself on being feminist. I don't think people would be ok if Supergirl did this to Superman on his own show.
    Dude! You are in a comic book forum. Nah! Some dumb and petty things are pretty good for you. I actually like taking risks. You won't know until you try.

Supergirl is a spin-off character of superman. She literally owes her existence to superman. She being stronger than Superman isn't much of a feat in postcrisis. Any tom, dick and harry is stronger than Superman these days. The problem is this, clark being pathetic man that has no pride. Acknowledging someone is better is one thing, being comfortable with it is another. Last part makes, superman a wimp. And Tell you what, have nightwing be better than batman. And actually have batman say it and be at ease with it. Batman fans won't be thrilled, i will tell you that much. The guy became popular because he started beating up gods.As if barry allen was thrilled at being beaten by wally west. The guy was pushing himself and kicking himself afterwards. People who say they like losing or state of incompetence has issues. Btw! I don't remember titans show having dick grayson beat batman? Why? To valuable?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-11-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I'm not complaining about Anissa, Jennifer and Lynn getting good stories, it's great. What I want is for Jefferson to also get good stories, and he don't.

Anissa get's all the action, she have Grace, she have her vigilante/revolutionary/hero indentities, Jennifer is discovering her huge powers, becoming a hero and Khalil, Lynn have the meta kids and her addiction.

Jefferson plot is, he worries about his family, walks around quoting a lot of people that as a non american I don't know who the are,

every couple episodes he fights a few henchmen, usually because Anissa asked for help, then at the end of the season he end up fighting Tobias or Gravedigger by chance, because the story would make much more sense if was Thunder or Lightning facing the bad guy.
    I feel this is an incredibly simplistic take on the show's writing. From the very beginning, we've had Jefferson taking on the 100 gang and foiling Tobias's plans, fighting the Purdy, opposing the NSA, trying to help his students and trying to save Freeland, etc. Anissa and Jen did not save themselves in the first pilot, it was Jeff. Having Anissa or Jen fight Tobias wouldn't make more sense when they don't have a personal enmity with him that goes back several years.

And as a non-American, Jefferson's quotes don't bother me.

Astonishing Member

Dude! You are in a comic book forum. Nah! Some dumb and petty things are pretty good for you. I actually like taking risks. You won't know until you try.
    That's not taking risks, that's being a jerk. Being on a comic boom forum changes nothing, it's not wrong to have dignity discussing our hobby.

Supergirl is a spin-off character of superman. She literally owes her existence to superman. She being stronger than Superman isn't much of a feat in postcrisis. Any tom, dick and harry is stronger than Superman these days. The problem is this, clark being pathetic man that has no pride. Acknowledging someone is better is one thing, being comfortable with it is another. Last part makes, superman a wimp. And Tell you what, have nightwing be better than batman. And actually have batman say it and be at ease with it. Batman fans won't be thrilled, i will tell you that much. The guy became popular because he started beating up gods.As if barry allen was thrilled at being beaten by wally west. The guy was pushing himself and kicking himself afterwards. People who say they like losing or state of incompetence has issues. Btw! I don't remember titans show having dick grayson beat batman? Why? To valuable?
    Supergirl being a spin-off means nothing, her character has the right to be respected, especially on her own show. She's a peer and cousin to Superman, and he's a role model. But it is a feat, nobody complains whenever writers give Superman stronger powers, but Supergirl? If she did that on his new show we'd be swamped by comments by people who were upset she upstaged him. That's moving the goal posts. That's not being wimp, it's being a gentleman - why would Superman feel slighted by his cousin keeping up with him? If anything that'd make him less over protective because she can take care of herself and she would have a better understanding of the power he wields. Superman's loved and respected strong, independent woman since the Golden Age - that's what drew him to Lois Lane. Lois was never beneath him, despite being a powerless human.

Did you read Knightfall? Bruce's chosen successor was originally Dick, but since they had falling out he passed that onto Jean-Paul. The successor to Bruce constantly falls directly to Dick Grayson. Batman fandom is so large they can't please everyone, that's why it's a useless metric.

Barry's fine with Wally picking up his mantle, it'd be out of character for him to be upset over that.

Most super-heroes do this with their successors, with exceptions.

Spectacular Member

That's not taking risks, that's being a jerk. Being on a comic boom forum changes nothing, it's not wrong to have dignity discussing our hobby.

Supergirl being a spin-off means nothing, her character has the right to be respected, especially on her own show. She's a peer and cousin to Superman, and he's a role model. But it is a feat, nobody complains whenever writers give Superman stronger powers, but Supergirl? If she did that on his new show we'd be swamped by comments by people who were upset she upstaged him. That's moving the goal posts. That's not being wimp, it's being a gentleman - why would Superman feel slighted by his cousin keeping up with him? If anything that'd make him less over protective because she can take care of herself and she would have a better understanding of the power he wields. Superman's loved and respected strong, independent woman since the Golden Age - that's what drew him to Lois Lane. Lois was never beneath him, despite being a powerless human.

Did you read Knightfall? Bruce's chosen successor was originally Dick, but since they had falling out he passed that onto Jean-Paul. The successor to Bruce constantly falls directly to Dick Grayson. Batman fandom is so large they can't please everyone, that's why it's a useless metric.

Barry's fine with Wally picking up his mantle, it'd be out of character for him to be upset over that.

There are to show greatness to Supergirl's character without disrespecting Superman's character. For example, it's a fact Superman is not much of a combat fighter. Why couldn't it be Supergirl has DEO training and can take her cousin? Instead they made Jobberman. I mean he's sorry, he can't beat anybody. Even the Reverse Flash beat him lol. Walking around in a joke cosplay costume with a clip on cape lol. Even his wife disrespects looking at Kingdom Superman with longing eyes lol. It's pitiful. No, no more of that. We demand Superman gets respect. All the woke crowd can go take a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor;522980
    [img
    https://media.comicbook.com/2018/07/the-flash-wally-west-barry-allen-race-1121851.jpeg[/img]

Having a successor is one thing being at ease with second best position is another. Batman choose his successor. DIckenham grays on would never be allowed to beat Bruce Wayne and Bruce Wayne will never be athe ease with it.why?batman is valuable. Did you read afterwards?he acknowledged wally was faster and did not stand in his way.But,afterwards he vows to be "fastest man alive again".

"There is hope"

This is acknowledging someone Is better.But,still resolving to be the fastest man alive.Sportsmanship. Something clark has no clue about.I have said this before clark has no honor or pride.He's weak. If you don't strive to be the best you can be then you shouldn't be engaging in the first place.Don't engage with people stronger or weaker.Superman deals with beating up the weak without an ounce of drive to be stronger by facing adversity. The minute someone strong comes along.he doesn't engage.he gives up.That's dishonorable.Preaching and dubbing yourself rolemodel for people weaker than you while Belittling yourself in front of the strong is pure cowardice
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-13-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Having a successor is one thing being at ease with second best position is another. Batman choose his successor. DIckenham grays on would never be allowed to beat Bruce Wayne and Bruce Wayne will never be athe ease with it.why?batman is valuable. Did you read afterwards?he acknowledged wally was faster and did not stand in his way.But,afterwards he vows to be "fastest man alive again".

"There is hope"

This is acknowledging someone Is better.But,still resolving to be the fastest man alive.Sportsmanship. Something clark has no clue about.I have said this before clark has no honor or pride.He's weak. If you don't strive to be the best you can be then you shouldn't be engaging in the first place.Don't engage with people stronger or weaker.Superman deals with beating up the weak without an ounce of drive to be stronger by facing adversity. The minute someone strong comes along.he doesn't engage.he gives up.That's dishonorable.Preaching and dubbing yourself rolemodel for people weaker than you while Belittling yourself in front of the strong is pure cowardice
    This kind of got forgotten about after a while, but Barry should always be happy to acknowledge Wally is faster and better than he is.

"There is hope"

Superman regularly takes on the likes of Mongul, Darkseid, Brainiac, Zod and a host of other villains that can kill him and in some cases have. He is not weak because he doesn't care that other heroes are faster than him.

That's what I've noticed in your arguments. You're not bothered about Superman losing to villains. You're offended that other heroes might succeed in areas he isn't. That's just being petty.

If Batman went cuckoo I guarantee that Robin would take him out in the show. If not him then someone else. No one ever mentions is that when Supergirl went cuckoo because of red kryptonite, Martian Manhunter took her out.
    And I don't recall people going insane because Martian Manhunter beat Supergirl, on her own show. Because it had to be done. If someone goes cuckoo, someone else is going to take them out.

Makes sense for Martian Manhunter to be able to beat her anyway - he has most of the same powers, except he has shapeshifting, telepathy, and phasing instead of x-ray vision and freeze breath.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    There are to show greatness to Supergirl's character without disrespecting Superman's character. For example, it's a fact Superman is not much of a combat fighter. Why couldn't it be Supergirl has DEO training and can take her cousin? Instead they made Jobberman. I mean he's sorry, he can't beat anybody. Even the Reverse Flash beat him lol. Walking around in a joke cosplay costume with a clip on cape lol. Even his wife disrespects looking at Kingdom Superman with longing eyes lol. It's pitiful. No, no more of that. We demand Superman gets respect. All the woke crowd can go take a nap.
    People would still be complaining about that depiction and call Supergirl a Mary Sue. She can't even beat Superman on her own show without upsetting people. Reverse Flash is no joke in the Arrow 'verse, there's no shame in losing to him. Superman isn't insecure about his wife checking out another counterpart to himself, but it does raises the question of how the so-called "proper action" he should have done as if he has the right to police his wife's sexuality when she just looks at an attractive man in his presence.

Superman is a super-hero crated by two Jewish kids in the time period leading up to WWII, inspired by Moses, an immigrant who came to America from a diaspora, he's not a conservative character. Aside from depictions like Snyder's Superman.

People would still be complaining about that depiction and call Supergirl a Mary Sue. She can't even beat Superman on her own show without upsetting people. Reverse Flash is no joke in the Arrow 'verse, there's no shame in losing to him. Superman isn't insecure about his wife checking out another counterpart to himself, but it does raises the question of how the so-called "proper action" he should have done as if he has the right to police his wife's sexuality when she just looks at an attractive man in his presence.

Superman is a super-hero crated by two Jewish kids in the time period leading up to WWII, inspired by Moses, an immigrant who came to America from a diaspora, he's not a conservative character. Aside from depictions like Snyder's Superman.
    That isn't conservative either but other than that I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Superman regularly takes on the likes of Mongul, Darkseid, Brainiac, Zod and a host of other villains that can kill him and in some cases have. He is not weak because he doesn't care that other heroes are faster than him.

That's what I've noticed in your arguments. You're not bothered about Superman losing to villains. You're offended that other heroes might succeed in areas he isn't. That's just being petty.
    i find the hero/villain thing to be nonesense.Forgive me,but I have never felt tension that superman is gonna die when he takes on these fellows.Blame the medium.Anyways,he does take on boxed in bad guys.but,standing upto his friends.i have never seen him do that much.You know like Neville Longbottom.Other than the time he trained with mongul.I have never seen clark prep or learn or grow in that regard either.

i am offended by the notion perpetuted that "being at ease with losing is cool".I hate losing.I do ofcourse.But,normally i imagine nobody likes losing.even if it is to a friend or foe.
    I find the other mentality in general stupid.what's wrong in being a conservative?Superman might not be conservative.But,he was never about treating people with different opinions as monsters or something.Ofcourse,he would disagree with action that cause suffering on any side be it with actions or words.one of superman's earliest villains is the "archer".A robinhood figure gone bad.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-14-2020 at 10:33 PM.