Page 109 of 149 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2229

Production values look good. Its not enough to get me to watch but the visuals are better than other CW fare.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Huh, i'm actually kind of intrigued, well at the very least i'm watching the first episodes, wich is more that i had to CW since the second season of Flash.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Who is he fighting? Metallo? That guy in a suit + Kryptonite makes me think Metallo at least. Would be stoked to see Metallo as the major villain alongside Lex, I’ve always wanted a movie with that set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It evokes MoS.
    It’s amusing to me to see the Snyder fandom go from dumping on Hoechlin to praising it just because the grading is darker now and the tone is serious. But hey if they stop screaming I’ll take it, maybe this will be the most positively received Superman product since Smallville. Least Hoechlin will be in the suit and fighting bad guys. Chortled at the “I wish I could get drunk” that’s great.

We now have our third on-screen Lois and Clark wedding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Who is he fighting? Metallo? That guy in a suit + Kryptonite makes me think Metallo at least. Would be stoked to see Metallo as the major villain alongside Lex, I’ve always wanted a movie with that set up.
    Could be rebooted Metallo. I guess they could not want to spoil it which is why he doesn't have the typical Kryptonite chest yet.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It’s amusing to me to see the Snyder fandom go from dumping on Hoechlin to praising it just because the grading is darker now and the tone is serious. But hey if they stop screaming I’ll take it, maybe this will be the most positively received Superman product since Smallville. Least Hoechlin will be in the suit and fighting bad guys. Chortled at the “I wish I could get drunk” that’s great.
    Wanna bet it's a misleading trailer and the show it's like the others on CW?

It evokes MoS.
    Yeah now that i think about it, that was definitely the vibe I was getting....Maybe that's why I didn't like it.

Wanna bet it's a misleading trailer and the show it's like the others on CW?
    We know this show gets dark at some points based on the leaked script, but it’s not going to get Snyder-tier “Metropolis gets completely destroyed” edgy I’d bet. Wouldn’t surprise me if they do try to recreate some of the Snyder fights except Hoechlin actually protects people and prevents property damage as opposed to Cavill.

The real question is will the show consistently look good beyond the pilot, or will they front load it to get people watching only to downsize the budget after the first episode or season.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-21-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Incredible Member

As others have said, reminds me of MoS without Snyder's "larger-than-life" aspirations, though the other thing that popped up in my mind was Superman: Secret Identity.

I like it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Don't. Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

This looks like it could actually be good. The potential's there, and it has a little of that MoS trailer feel (which I remember being excited for when it first dropped).

That first look was awful. They should have lead with this. Much better. Lois and Clark looked a lot better here.

All I could think was "he's fighting the Doom Slayer" but Metallo makes sense. Even looks a little like some designs of him. I hope it is now!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    My concerns over the direction of the show remain. I believe Nadria Tucker that there are problems in the writer’s room with both sexism and racism. And I can’t let that go.

The trailer itself is better than expected, the leads look great.

Time will tell.
    I really hope they got addressed and don't make it into the final product as well. As you said, time will tell.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-21-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Beyond 'wow, it so purdy' and 'gosh I continue to hope the raised issues are at least mostly matters of what it lacks rather than active problems, and/or the bad press got them to make panicked corrections, I want to have a consistently good live-action Superman thing for the first time since the 1950s'?

My main response is "lol, how'd Superman manage to keep his secret identity from his kids" BECAUSE SUPERMAN IS GOOD AT HIS JOB
    Buh-bye

It would be the height of irony if I get baited into being excited for this show via its trailer, and then the show itself was bad, given the Man of Steel similarities. Those MoS trailers are still the best Superman stuff Snyder has ever done. Still I think Hoechlin is a great Supes, and I can’t wait to see what he can do. It’s funny to think of all the people complaining about how “weak” Hoechlin was, because given the budget I think he’s going to completely outclass Kara feat wise.

Saw a theory that Doom Slayer is spoilers:
    Alternate Lex in a power suit
    end of spoilers and I could definitely see that. Would prefer it to be Metallo, but seeing those two go at it physically would still be something we’ve never seen.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-21-2021 at 04:58 PM.

We know this show gets dark at some points based on the leaked script, but it’s not going to get Snyder-tier “Metropolis gets completely destroyed” edgy I’d bet. Wouldn’t surprise me if they do try to recreate some of the Snyder fights except Hoechlin actually protects people and prevents property damage as opposed to Cavill.

The real question is will the show consistently look good beyond the pilot, or will they front load it to get people watching only to downsize the budget after the first episode or season.
    I assumed it was less budget and more who they have handling the FX on the show, so I'm not sure if there should be such a stark change for the rest of the season, especially with a smaller episode count.
    It would be the height of irony if I get baited into being excited for this show via its trailer, and then the show itself was bad, given the Man of Steel similarities. Those MoS trailers are still the best Superman stuff Snyder has ever done. Still I think Hoechlin is a great Supes, and I can’t wait to see what he can do. It’s funny to think of all the people complaining about how “weak” Hoechlin was, because given the budget I think he’s going to completely outclass Kara feat wise.

end of spoilers and I could definitely see that. Would prefer it to be Metallo, but seeing those two go at it physically would still be something we’ve never seen.
    spoilers:
    Unless you count Supergirl fighting two Luthors in a power suit on her show.
    end of spoilers

I've read the leaked script, and the trailer aparently confirms it was the real script.

This show should just steal the whole production of Krypton, Brainiac, Doomsday, everything.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Glad I'm not the only one calling him Doom Slayer. lol

They giving Archie & Jughead and that's not a good thing.