Page 106 of 149 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2229
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Is there something wrong with me hyping things up? And I think he made a really valid point in a direct way.
    I mean I can't fault you. Half my posts on these boards are tongue firmly in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    While the age disparity between actors and the often much younger actresses cast to play opposite them is definitely a problem, I can't say I'm upset at the whole WandaVision situation as that was born out of Betany already being the voice of Jarvis, not another way to stick a much older man with a woman in her 20s.

Furthermore, the age disparity works perfectly with the whole old sitcom shtick they've got going on because this is precisely the kind of casting that would have happened back then...and still happens now.

It's strange that the Amy Adams casting never really ruffled any feathers beyond her being a redhead. Snyder's other choice was Zoe Saldana, which would have no doubt caused a much larger backlash.

Remember folks, as much as some of America hates women, they hate black people waaaay more
    Adams is fair, I don't recall many complaining she was older than he was so much as the color of her hair.

I also don't think WandaVision is problematic in its casting and you've hit on the main reasons, but I do think it's still fair to criticize the trend in Hollywood where that continues and likewise to call foul when someone says "so what? Big deal that it happens."

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

zoey saldana would have been cool as lois.if she has the kickass side of gamora.Amy addams lois was boring for me.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

According to Twitter, the premier will be 2hours. I have no idea what that means for The Flash though, since they were supposed to premier the same night. If this is true, how ballsy of them.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    zoey saldana would have been cool as lois.if she has the kickass side of gamora.Amy addams lois was boring for me.
    It's just a shame that she never gets to show it off in the movies that much.

I like Adams' Lois but she was kind of missing that spitfire aspect of Lois' personality.

Watch this clip at 2:25. Look at how she acts when she gets angry. This is Lois Lane. Amy Adams was a brilliant pick, but the writing and the directing didn't give her anything to work with. It's quite sad.

This clip at 0:39 is also really good. Zack Snyder and David S Goyer really are, like the british like to say "wankers". They did some good stuff, but they weren't the right people to make Superman really charm and connect with an audience.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I agree with you here

To be clear I'm not saying Lois is always angry and agressive, but if you can do that, you can also scale down to her normal level of stubborness

Am I the only one that has been disapointed by the portrayal of Lois Lane in the Arrowverse? Maybe the actress can do a really great Lois, but the material they have given her hasn't impressed me.

Am I the only one that has been disapointed by the portrayal of Lois Lane in the Arrowverse? Maybe the actress can do a really great Lois, but the material they have given her hasn't impressed me.
    I thought she was fun in Elseworlds and Crisis, but she really hasn't gotten as much to do.

I thought her initial appearance in Elseworld was pretty good. I think she had one of the more substantial roles in the early Crisis episodes as well. She was given a more substantial role in those than Hoechlin's Superman was. I thought Hoechlin's Superman was better in Crisis than Routh's too though. My favorite live action Lois is definitely Smallville's Erica Durrance, but I think Tulloch is probably a close second so far.

She gets nothing to do. They let her swing a hammer around once because that's what Lois does I guess? They don't get her so far. The CW is not the network to handle adult characters well. Their wheelhouse is young adults who are bad at maintaining interpersonal relationships. Black Lightning is the outlier because I genuinely enjoy a large swathe of that show and a big reason is Jefferson is written well.

But they've yet to prove a handle on Lois or Clark. The former they haven't used a lot so I get it. The latter they've had far too many chances as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    She gets nothing to do. They let her swing a hammer around once because that's what Lois does I guess? They don't get her so far. The CW is not the network to handle adult characters well. Their wheelhouse is young adults who are bad at maintaining interpersonal relationships. Black Lightning is the outlier because I genuinely enjoy a large swathe of that show and a big reason is Jefferson is written well.

But they've yet to prove a handle on Lois or Clark. The former they haven't used a lot so I get it. The latter they've had far too many chances as it is.
    Kind of ironic when all their Superhero shows are lead by adults .

I wouldn't say they don't get her. I think the hammer made sense in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of ironic when all their Superhero shows are lead by adults .

I wouldn't say they don't get her. I think the hammer made sense in context.
    It is ironic, isn't it? You expect people to just communicate but hey, why not just perpetuate bad relationship practices.

Sure, in context, but they had to set it up so the context mattered and it's just not a very Lois thing to do? Sure, she'd do it in that particular situation, but my god it's the most obtuse way to give her something to do. It feels like an afterthought. Much like Lois has been in all the news of... every upcoming Superman product save this one (I sincerely hope). I was going to most likely pass on the show, but now I may watch it just to get a fix of Lois Lane. :/

When I say that the material they gave her didn't impress me I don't mean that she has been too passive, I mean that her dialogue has been really weak. Lois is a woman of action sure, but the strongest thing about her is how she can tear someone down just with her words, and not in an petulant way, it's always hilarious and overwhelming. I just think we haven't seen her have much of an atitude.