Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
Agree. I think too much has been made of "Superman taking a back seat" on Supergirl when the show has her name on the marquee.
If Superman came in and saved the day every episode, it would defeat the purpose of the show being called Supergirl. It was also implied in the first couple of seasons that Kara was living in the shadow of her cousin (remember Wynn's starstruck reaction when he finally met Supes onscreen?) Any time that Kara has bested Clark onscreen he was being mind-controlled or something similar IIRC.

Now that he'll have his own show, OF COURSE he'll be given a chance to shine, and I'll be excited to see it as well. I'm not worried about that aspect at all.
To be fair to the critics here, I think the show kind of dug itself a hole, and before these fans are willing to jump onto that bandwagon they want to see them get Superman out of the hole (and stay out).

I think it's reasonable to assume that when the show starts, Superman is going to get his chance to shine, but the show is starting after a false start penalty moved it back five yards.