Page 91 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Pretty much half the show never happened now. Even not taking this into account. For all intents and purposes, COIE retconned most of Supergirl.
    Yeah, season 4 and other elements of seasons (like Cadmus) would have to be very different in a world where Lex Luthor and his mom are believed to be good guys.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Well, from a literal sense,yes COIE retconned the hell out of Supergirl (and much of the Arrowverse). From the standpoint that Kara,Clark, Barry and most of their close allies and even Lex remembers how things were before , everything still happened as we saw them. They just happened on the old Earths and everyone now lives on a new Earth with it's own timeline that they also remember. It all still matters in the sense that it still all matters to Kara as it's her life experiences and she is still the same character just now living in new circumstances.

As far as making the new kids work within the continuity framework that's already established, Its still safe to assume Clark found Kara before he and Lois decided to get married and have kids. She was 13 when she came to earth and shes 25 ish when the series starts and shes pushing 30 now. Clark and Lois kids are about 13 or so now, so theres a few years of wiggle room between her arrival and the kids birth.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 11-19-2020 at 09:40 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Why go through the trouble of "diversity" if both Kents are dead?!?!?!? Fired lol.
    Because diversity matters, and it's not like having non-white Kents would change anything since Clark isn't racist.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. There’s no reason to change the rural Kansas farmers to POC. Especially since Clark is suppose to appear as if he’s their biological kid.

I know in the past they’ve changed Perry White, Manchester Black, Zod, Pete Ross and Jimmy Olsen. But there’s no reason to change the Kents, who are going to die anyway.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 11-20-2020 at 09:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah. There’s no reason to change the rural Kansas farmers to POC. Especially since Clark is suppose to appear as if he’s their biological kid.

I know in the past they’ve changed Perry White, Manchester Black, Zod, Pete Ross and Jimmy Olsen. But there’s no reason to change the Kents, who are going to die anyway.
    Really? In most continuities that I've read/watched, it was common knowledge (in Smallville) that Clark was adopted.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Far as I know, Steel and John Henry Irons hasn't made an appearance in any live action incarnation. If they are really looking for POC to feature, why not exhaust all the pre-existing ones before we start changing characters. In fact, if they can't use Jimmy (or James, as he's called) Steel seems like a good substitute. And he's already a superhero. Throw in Natasha and you've got two. Maybe Tracy 13. If this version of Superman was a member of the Legion, we can have a few of them show up. If including POC is the goal there are ways to do it. Shadow Lass is Asian IIRC. Have we seen Pete Ross yet? We could have it be a REAL spiritual successor to Smallville by making him black. There are ways of making this work.
    Assassinate Putin!

Far as I know, Steel and John Henry Irons hasn't made an appearance in any live action incarnation. If they are really looking for POC to feature, why not exhaust all the pre-existing ones before we start changing characters. In fact, if they can't use Jimmy (or James, as he's called) Steel seems like a good substitute. And he's already a superhero. Throw in Natasha and you've got two. Maybe Tracy 13. If this version of Superman was a member of the Legion, we can have a few of them show up. If including POC is the goal there are ways to do it. Shadow Lass is Asian IIRC. Have we seen Pete Ross yet? We could have it be a REAL spiritual successor to Smallville by making him black. There are ways of making this work.
    Mehcad Brooks would've been a better Steel than he was a Jimmy.

So, she had a hand in that show? It did start out interesting, but the love triangle all but killed my interest. I only stuck around for the Lobo parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, she had a hand in that show? It did start out interesting, but the love triangle all but killed my interest. I only stuck around for the Lobo parts.
    Never saw the second season.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Simple logic from what I can tell.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Really? In most continuities that I've read/watched, it was common knowledge (in Smallville) that Clark was adopted.
    It goes either way depending on how young he is when they find him, generally. If he lands and is already a child it's hard adoption but if he's an infant sometimes they just treat him like a miracle birth that occurred despite the usual problems they have conceiving. Remember, a lot of times Clark only finds out he's not their biological son when his powers manifest.

Also are we to at the point where not racebending is considered racist? That feels kind of too far. Missed opportunity, sure, but it's not like they're new characters without a precedent.

The only version I have ever seen where people thought he was their biological child was the post-Crisis version and that's because they were snowed in for months before revealing him to the public. As for racebending, I think a lot of that is an overcorrection for a lot of things. Demographics ARE changing. Just not fast enough to warrant changing a bunch of characters appearances yet.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

The only version I have ever seen where people thought he was their biological child was the post-Crisis version and that's because they were snowed in for months before revealing him to the public. As for racebending, I think a lot of that is an overcorrection for a lot of things. Demographics ARE changing. Just not fast enough to warrant changing a bunch of characters appearances yet.
    That would be good reason to keep the Kent's white narratively. I don't think so, race bending has become more and more accepted because people recognise that the characters don't need stay white just because the characters were originally created in time periods where being any race other than white killed the idea dead due to racism. Superman's various media has been more accepting of this, especially on the tv side. Smallville, and Krypton for example. Even the DCEU has done this with its lead characters and supporting cast from Aquaman himself to Iris West - she's black in Snyder's Cut of Justice League. Didn't stop Aquaman from being a billion dollar blockbuster. We have a black Perry White in the DCEU in Man of Steel.

Iris is black in JL because the Arrowverse made her black first.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Iris is black in JL because the Arrowverse made her black first.
    I think it was more because the then director of The Flash had worked with the actress before. I think he cast her instead of Snyder.