Page 33 of 149 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I thought focus on Family was something everyone enjoyed? Is that not why Rebirth Superman had such good reception, compared to New 52? is that not the status quo everyone wants back after Jon got aged up?

I also expect the heroics to play as big a part in this series as the family, since at the end of the day this isn't going to be a show about some regular family, this is Superman we're talking about. Obviously with a family but still Superman, there can definitely be a balance like Black Lightning, where you can focus on his family life, but not undermine the heroics. As for Hoechlin, I'm going to wait and see how he does in the series before writing him off as so many have. People seemingly forget he's been a guest star until now, so he hasn't had as much time with the character, compared to other live action versions, who have had way more screen time.
    I liked New 52 way more than Rebirth, but Rebirth was okay. I just hope the show does a better job than Rebirth did at "Lois & Clark: Ace Reporters" which was pretty well and truly sidelined by the family dynamic in Rebirth. I felt like Lois in particular felt less like Lois Lane, a hero in her own right, and more like "Mrs. Superman" during a lot of Rebirth - ironic, considering that was something Lois herself was worried about prior to marrying Clark in the '90s. Instead, most of the focus was on Jon and Clark doing super-hero stuff, while Lois was, well, "Mom." I don't want Lois to be "Mom," I want her to be "Mad Dog Lane," you know?

But don't mistake me. I'm not writing this show off by any means. This is honestly the most exciting Superman-Outside-of-Comics news in a really long time! Hoechlin is a perfectly fine actor and I look forward to seeing what he does with more material.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

This wouldn't even be the first time Damian was adopted (sort of) by Clark. Over in the Injustice Gods Among Us game, Damian says that Superman was more of a father to him than Bruce ever was. And I suppose you can sort of say that Damian was basically adopted by Lois at the end of DCeased.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    This wouldn't even be the first time Damian was adopted (sort of) by Clark. Over in the Injustice Gods Among Us game, Damian says that Superman was more of a father to him than Bruce ever was. And I suppose you can sort of say that Damian was basically adopted by Lois at the end of DCeased.
    They could also riff on Dick's relationship with Clark as well. Since they are using Jason Todd and Dick over on Titans, they could play off that a bit here. Though I suspect we're going to see a Superman on Titan's eventually.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Say what you will, but Damian wayne-the son of superman is wierd thing to say out loud.lol!!
    It would be hilarious to see damian with an s curl and glasses.

The whole thing is actually a very fascinating prospect because it makes Damian sort of a parallel to Clark.

But I wonder, did they ever explain what the deal was with this world's Batman? I know Clark knows him, but did they ever give an explanation or something as to where he is over in Batwoman (I imagine that'll be the continuity we use)?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The whole thing is actually a very fascinating prospect because it makes Damian sort of a parallel to Clark.

But I wonder, did they ever explain what the deal was with this world's Batman? I know Clark knows him, but did they ever give an explanation or something as to where he is over in Batwoman (I imagine that'll be the continuity we use)?
    Not in any detail. I'm behind on all the CW shows, but I don't think they ever explained it beyond Batman vanished and Bruce Wayne (and Alfred) are MIA for about 5 years or so. Of course all that is now up for revision given the merger.

Extraordinary Member

They are going to have a high hurdle to clear IMO, all self inflicted wounds. Since Tyler H's Superman is second fiddle to Benoist's SG at...well, everything, and even in COIE they wasted no time wasting Tyler's SM, his own show had better show him as...something that warrants a show of his own. He's not even the Paragon of Hope...SG is! I get they had to put over SG, but they did it at the expense of SM, and even when his own show was on the horizon they upped the ante on how useless Tyler's SM is. Even KC Superman turned out to have no impact at all on the story's outcome, taken out easily by Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Not in any detail. I'm behind on all the CW shows, but I don't think they ever explained it beyond Batman vanished and Bruce Wayne (and Alfred) are MIA for about 5 years or so. Of course all that is now up for revision given the merger.
    I just wonder if it is Damian, then where are we at with him? I mean, I assume he's been with his mother. If that's the case and he's already between 13 and 16, I find it unlikely that he's calling Lois and Clark mom and dad, but Lois seemed comfortable enough to say "your sons."

In actuality that was likely written less for story reasons, and rather more to turn to the camera and tell the viewer that Superman has two sons of some kind. When the show starts they'll work out the logistics *IF* it is Damian.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    They are going to have a high hurdle to clear IMO, all self inflicted wounds. Since Tyler H's Superman is second fiddle to Benoist's SG at...well, everything, and even in COIE they wasted no time wasting Tyler's SM, his own show had better show him as...something that warrants a show of his own. He's not even the Paragon of Hope...SG is! I get they had to put over SG, but they did it at the expense of SM, and even when his own show was on the horizon they upped the ante on how useless Tyler's SM is. Even KC Superman turned out to have no impact at all on the story's outcome, taken out easily by Lex.
    I've been thinking about that. The "paragons" are the only ones who remember the previous continuity. None of them are people who had kids except Choi. If Superman had been one of the paragons, it might mess with him that he now has two sons instead of one. This strikes me more as a practical matter rather than some deliberate slight against him.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I've been thinking about that. The "paragons" are the only ones who remember the previous continuity. None of them are people who had kids except Choi. If Superman had been one of the paragons, it might mess with him that he now has two sons instead of one. This strikes me more as a practical matter rather than some deliberate slight against him.
    Sorry, don't buy it. They'll been running that play on SG since nearly as soon as they showed Tyler's Superman. Hopefully, there will be some actual Superman in Tyler's Superman show, rather than just endless stuff about how much better SG is.

The two sons thing threw me until it dawned on me that one of them might be Damian. Since Bruce is "missing" in CW continuity, it would make sense that the Kents would have taken him in.

Chris Kent (son of Zod) would be another good choice. The CW shows like to do season-long arcs, and having a big secret like that to play out over a year could make for some great stories. Especially if Chris didn't know about his true parentage.

Conner as the other son is probably the least interesting to me. Not because I don't like Conner, but because he's already the most similar to Jon.

I really really hope they DON'T throw in just some other new made up son. That would have the least resonance for me, and I'd always think of him as the "extra" non-canonical son.

I'm also hoping Lex isn't done away with by the end of this year's Supergirl season. I'd love to see him as recurring on the Superman and Lois show.
    Jon Cryer is doing a great job, and he deserves some great episodes sparring off with Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I still think it’s more likely to be a take on Damian. They obviously are aiming for more interconnection between the shows now and with Bruce “missing” for years in Batwoman it gives them the out that Damian would end up with his closest friend (discounting Alfred and since there’s no other Robins that we’ve seen).
    I think Jon and the second kid are going to make up the Arrowverse Super Sons, but I don't think it's going to be Damian.

If the second kid is anyone I think it'll be tied to Superman lore instead of Batman lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I'm also hoping Lex isn't done away with by the end of this year's Supergirl season. I'd love to see him as recurring on the Superman and Lois show.
    Jon Cryer is doing a great job, and he deserves some great episodes sparring off with Clark.
    It's kind of hilarious how they seem to go out of their way to have not have Hoechlin and Cryer interact with each other.

If Lex didn't mention how much he hates Superman you'd think Supergirl was his primary nemesis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It is. I loved that. But superman being mundane is not something that excites me at all. Superman being mentor to superkids is interesting premise. If that's how the show is then fine. And that scene with superman and the baby just sent the wrong message for me. But, i could be wrong.
    Yeah, we’ve been over this a million times at this point and you just keep repeating the same stuff.

You think a Superman who loves his family and is a good husband and father is “mundane” and “focused on mundane things” and you’ve been told repeatedly by other people what a problematic take this is so I’m not really sure why you keep repeating this.

There is zero reason why Superman can’t ::be:: Superman and yet also be a loving husband and father. The incessant accusation that having a family means he’s not really Superman is at best silly and, at worst, openly sexist.

Also please explain what “sent the wrong message” about Clark Kent changing his son’s diaper, JFC. There is nothing wrong or emasculating about a man changing his child’s diaper, good Lord.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 01-15-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Alleged leak of Superman's new suit for the pilot:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Alleged leak of Superman's new suit for the pilot:

Still think they should ditch the clasps entirely, but looks a lot better.