Page 148 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149 LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a Daily Planet section of the LA Times today:

(Also confirmation that Superman is back to being the first costumed public super-powered hero post-Crisis after the bit at the end of Crisis left that in doubt)
    That picture sure captures the stubble!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Logoless version of this image people were hoping for, apparently from the Boston Herald

Buh-bye

BANNED

Logoless version of this image people were hoping for, apparently from the Boston Herald

They’re hot. LOL

(Also confirmation that Superman is back to being the first costumed public super-powered hero post-Crisis after the bit at the end of Crisis left that in doubt)
    Cool, nice use of advertising. But back to the point of first Superhero. That never made sense for Oliver post Crisis, and was even was disputeded with Batman in Elseworlds apparently being active earlier and not to mention Black Lightning who retired years ago when his 2 girls were just kids. Superman himself should be about BL's age even if it doesn't show. And if Oliver's timeline is still the same starting out only 9 years ago, well it don't make sense for him to be the first.

So do we want to keep this thread for S&L when it debuts or should I make a S&L S1 thread?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So do we want to keep this thread for S&L when it debuts or should I make a S&L S1 thread?
    I'd be cool with a proper discussion thread, this thread has definitely gotten it's mileage for the last year, but starting fresh for the show would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    hey if you do, can you put "spoilers" in the title? Spoil tags can be annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I'd be cool with a proper discussion thread, this thread has definitely gotten it's mileage for the last year, but starting fresh for the show would be nice.
    Right I’ll get working on a new one and put it up tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    hey if you do, be sure to put "spoilers" in the title. Spoil tags can be annoying.
    Yeah I dislike spoiler tags myself so I’ll be sure to put fair warning in the title.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Ollie never could have been the first if we're going by Supergirl. He found her around 2003. And based on Kate's age, Batman was around longer than that.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

The full image, with confirmation that this version of Superman appeared 20 years ago, that his enemies include mad scientists and "interdimensional demons the size of skyscrapers", plus a mention of a familiar S.T.A.R. Labs name at the end.
    Buh-bye

Rampage getting referenced? Didn’t expect that. A tease for future appearances or just a fun nod I wonder?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Oliver isn't the first superhero in the new consolidated time line for sure,but he is the first to operate publicly under his real identity, at least for a time. I chalk the mention of Oliver being the first hero up to the timeline still settling. Similar how it was in the comics the first 6 months or so after it's Crisis. Earth 1 continuity was still in play for nearly a year into the new era.

In my head canon going into this, a lot of the things that happened to the previous TV Supermen happened to this one. He was a secret hero in his early years in Smallville before he got the cape.He comes to Metropolis at first fighting mad scientists and common crooks much like the 50s George Reeves show until he eventually faces bigger threats like on the 90s animated series. He romances and eventually marries Lois much like Lois and Clark and the last seasons of Smallville. He's the amalgam of Superman on TV since the 1950s in my head, and we are seeing the next phase of his and Lois' lives.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

more Man of Steel influences.

BANNED

A cute interview with the actor who plays Jonathan. Interesting to hear he was a big Smallville fan as it’s a great reminder of the way different generations connected with different versions of the myth.

He says he watched all 10 seasons 2-3 times before being cast in this role....

https://youngentertainmentmag.com/jo...rman-and-lois/