Page 27 of 149 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Welling had one, but it looked slightly different than that.
    Did he though? I remember they borrowed the SR suit but TW never actually wore it, it was CGI so who can say what the final product would have been.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I still think the money is on Routh Supes being the main sacrifice in the finale of the story, probably dying instead of Arrowverse Supes and possibly even in place of Flash and Arrow. He's the Superman they are featuring The heaviest in this it seems. That torn cape will probably be an Easter egg of one of the Earths ,an earth where the 90s death of Superman story is about occuring just as the Crisis spreads across the universes.

I think Welling and Durance is going to be nothing more than a cameo. Probably some montage set across various Earths where we see various past and present DC related shows are referenced where various familiar faces look up in the sky (HA!) to see red skies. Probably where rumored cameos like the Titans show,Lucifer and etc. It would be nice if everyone would have an onscreen team up,but given this is only 5 episodes long and we are still dealing with a television budget,it's not feasible. So we will probably see a few blink and miss it cameos and Easter eggs to say "hey! All the DC live action stuff exists in the same multiverse and are still out there,but we probably won't see them again" And then the focus will be on the Arrowverse heroes with special qmguest stars like Black Lightning,Kevin Conroy Bruce Wayne and Routh Superman.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 11-18-2019 at 08:48 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I think Welling has said his role is relatively small so you might be right in that regard. I also expect Routh to be the one to bite it because he’s leaving, and his Superman was never as popular as Welling’s was.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

nobody died. The other heroes wanted to a cool looking flag. They all ganged up on brandon routh superman. Superman lost. In the scuffle cape got torn. But, they realised it looks more cool that way so they hung it up on stick.
    Superman:the crisis of no cape.

The new Supergirl season is getting lower ratings now (.2 and less than 1 mill viewers), so I wonder what is the new Superman show going to get?

gonna be interesting, but I don't think Lois new show will be a lot higher than that.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Casting details seem to indcate Jon will indeed be aged up to a 14 year old and that Damian will also be in the show https://thegww.com/exclusive-the-cws...he-super-sons/

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Casting details seem to indcate Jon will indeed be aged up to a 14 year old and that Damian will also be in the show https://thegww.com/exclusive-the-cws...he-super-sons/
    Dang they’re really going all in aren’t they? Getting more excited for this to start up.

Yeah, I was expecting they'd skew a little older casting-wise if only to have Jon be a little more active.

I wonder if Batwoman will introduce Damian and set that up as what's been keeping Bruce away.

Was hoping Damian would eventually show up in Titans after Jason inevitably gets crowbar’d. Jon Kent is one thing, but I don’t trust the CW with a character as tricky as Damian Wayne. Weird since Arrow recently seemed to wrap up Talia Al Ghul’s story a few episodes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    The new Supergirl season is getting lower ratings now (.2 and less than 1 mill viewers), so I wonder what is the new Superman show going to get?

gonna be interesting, but I don't think Lois new show will be a lot higher than that.
    Hard to say what the ratings will look like. Clark's show will be brand new while Kara's has been on for what, four or five or six seasons? That's two very different places to be. Plus Clark's doing the whole family man thing, which is a very different dynamic from Kara's (as far as I know anyway, I dont watch the CW stuff anymore) and that may or may not work out better in the long term.

And I assume the people behind the camera are going to be different crews, and we can't underscore the importance of that.

Personally I'm not expecting much anyway. From what little I've seen this actor (Tyler something?) works okay as an occasional guest star Superman but I'm not sure he can pull off the role as a leading man. Hell, personally speaking I don't think he makes a good Superman even as a guest star (from my limited experience). And I dunno if the CW is the place where Superman is going to find a strong, sustainable audience no matter what the show does anyway. That network aims for the teen-y angst drama right? Doesn't seem to be a good fit for the Man of Tomorrow.

But the show is not even close to airing, so let's see how the trailers look at least before making a judgment.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

The one thing that makes me unsure is the timing. Would they be casting for a pilot filming in March now? I feel like pilots don't usually cast this early, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

If the role would require some time in the gym to get fit, maybe?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hard to say what the ratings will look like. Clark's show will be brand new while Kara's has been on for what, four or five or six seasons? That's two very different places to be. Plus Clark's doing the whole family man thing, which is a very different dynamic from Kara's (as far as I know anyway, I dont watch the CW stuff anymore) and that may or may not work out better in the long term.

And I assume the people behind the camera are going to be different crews, and we can't underscore the importance of that.

I'm not expecting much anyway. From what little I've seen this actor (Tyler something?) works okay as an occasional guest star Superman but I'm not sure he can pull off the role as a leading man. Hell, personally speaking I don't think he makes a good Superman even as a guest star (from my limited experience). And I dunno if the CW is the place where Superman is going to find a strong, sustainable audience no matter what the show does anyway. That network aims for the teen-y angst drama right? Doesn't seem to be a good fit for the Man of Tomorrow.

But the show is not even close to airing, so let's see how the trailers look at least before making a judgment.
    I’m not even remotely worried about this show’s longevity. It’s a CW superhero show, it’ll probably last 7-8 seasons or more no matter how good or bad it is. You think Legends of Tomorrow is massive cultural phenomenon breaking ratings records every week? No, lol no it certainly isn’t, but it’s still going strong.
    Not really sure I understand why you think they’d have a harder time making this a teen-y angsty drama than they did making Green Arrow, Flash, Black Lightning and Supergirl into shows of those molds. I mean, the last Superman show was SMALLVILLE after all (which was on the CW). Not saying that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but these shows are what they are.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-18-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Oh, they can make Superman fit the CW mold. They did before, they can do it again. I'm saying I don't think that's a good fit.

Of course, I don't think angsty teen drama is a good fit for anyone, including angsty teens.

And I have no idea how Legends or any of those other shows are doing. Didn't even know Legends was still on. I checked out of the Arrowverse years ago.

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Damian? WB/DC is playing with fire by letting the CW near Batman. First Batwoman, now Robin...he's too profitable and popular a character to be slumming it on the CW.

Especially since TITANS is already doing really great stuff with "Robin".