Page 28 of 149 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Damian? WB/DC is playing with fire by letting the CW near Batman. First Batwoman, now Robin...he's too profitable and popular a character to be slumming it on the CW.

Especially since TITANS is already doing really great stuff with "Robin".
    What're they doing?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Damian? WB/DC is playing with fire by letting the CW near Batman. First Batwoman, now Robin...he's too profitable and popular a character to be slumming it on the CW.

I wouldn't worry about it too much until a reputable site posts it. "I've heard" and "I've learned" are not good sources. GWW, cosmicbooknews, Bleeding Cool, etc, these guys are all throwing darts at a wall of ideas and posting whatever they hit as "exclusives". Every now & then they guess correctly, and then their readers endlessly parade them as "factual sites", but you know...broken clocks and all that.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

If they really are going to age up Jon, it’s almost certain they bring in Damian. WB has really relaxed the use of characters since the AT&T merger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What're they doing?
    Well, on Titans, Dick is between Robin and Nightwing (though only a hop, skip, and a jump from being Nightwing). Jason right now, is running around as Robin, and looks to be in a relationship with Rose Wilson. Though, admittedly, it does feel like they're setting up Death in the Family. Just call it a gut feeling.

They've got Dick and Jason, so I guess that leaves Damian and Tim free for use in other live-action properties.

Oh, they can make Superman fit the CW mold. They did before, they can do it again. I'm saying I don't think that's a good fit.

Of course, I don't think angsty teen drama is a good fit for anyone, including angsty teens.

And I have no idea how Legends or any of those other shows are doing. Didn't even know Legends was still on. I checked out of the Arrowverse years ago.

I agree, Superman is not right for the CW.. but that's why Jon is coming and most probable as a teen...

I just worry how this is going to hurt Superman and Lois. they already damaged Clark beyond repair in my mind. But others seem to disagree. lol

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I agree, Superman is not right for the CW.. but that's why Jon is coming and most probable as a teen...

I just worry how this is going to hurt Superman and Lois. they already damaged Clark beyond repair in my mind. But others seem to disagree. lol
    Wait, what? Jon as an angsty teen. I will hurl really fast,if that happens . Jon and angsty teen should'nt mix. It's blah! Jon is a ball of energy who has a temper some times. Angsty isn't the character.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Wait, what? Jon as an angsty teen. I will hurl really fast,if that happens . Jon and angsty teen should'nt mix. It's blah! Jon is a ball of energy who has a temper some times. Angsty isn't the character.
    Did you watch Smallville? Clana?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yes, it got annoying real fast.also, there wasn't anything other superheroic on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Casting details seem to indcate Jon will indeed be aged up to a 14 year old and that Damian will also be in the show https://thegww.com/exclusive-the-cws...he-super-sons/
    14 huh? I can live with that. Could have lived with that if that's what Bendis had done too -___-

As for Damian, that should make me happy but....I'm more concerned than anything for some reason

I wouldn't say "beyond repair" myself; Superman has had some really bad stories and adaptations over the years. He endures, he survives. He'll survive this show too, no matter how bad it is.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I wouldn't say "beyond repair" myself; Superman has had some really bad stories and adaptations over the years. He endures, he survives. He'll survive this show too, no matter how bad it is.
    I meant this particular version.

Oh. Yeah that's something else entirely. I wont say I agree with you just because I've only seen a couple small clips so I cant really judge, but.......yeah.

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Casting details seem to indcate Jon will indeed be aged up to a 14 year old and that Damian will also be in the show https://thegww.com/exclusive-the-cws...he-super-sons/
    Pretty soon he'll be 17, huh

But seriously, this is really cool to hear. I knew the idea was gonna basally be to mix Lois & Clark and Smalliville. It's an extremely solid plan of attack for a show like this, and, ironically enough, literally none of the DC shows on the CW are actually doing dramas about teen characters. Similar to how Lois and Clark are about to scratch the itch for a working parents show, Jon really works that teen demo.

I mean, if Walking Dead can unironically do what is 100000% just "Waling Dead Kids", then Superman's got this no problem.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Clana was horrific. The writing for Clois was great,probably because after Clana, the writers learned everything not to do with a romance.