Page 134 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2229

I like the Snyderverse AND I'm excited for this show. Imagine that: not having to pit things against each other all the time and CONSTANTLY bring up the DCEU in a thread about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If you think they're going to enjoy their serving of DCEU and say "we're okay now" then buddy I've been wrong about how insightful you are. :P

There's no way they don't say "okay now the next one" and start over again.
    Oh I know, I’m talking about “us” as in this forum and WB. They’re already firing up #RestoretheSnyderverse, so I know Snyder’s hardcore fanbase isn’t giving up until we have Superman ripping people apart for Darkseid on screen. But with another Superman project in this show to compete with the Snyderverse, and hopefully one that will be better received critically, maybe we can finally start to move on. When The Batman trailer came out, I saw less whining for Affleck (until WB was stupid enough to bring him back for Flash that is). Hoping Hoechlin will make a good enough impression to establish himself as a legitimate Superman to the general public.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

As if this place has gazillions of snyder fans.There @Agentz and apparently @misslane likes snyderverse.Anyways,there has always been only hand full of people.This was never a fair battle.You guy were always the majority opinion.So,i don't understand why you guys can't move on.As for legitmacy,there is only one legitmate superman.He is a thing of the past.A relic and long gone.There is no chance of getting him unless you can talk to siegel and shuster's ghost.Those who think they want superman,only want some version they prefer(me included).
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-13-2021 at 12:06 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I like the Snyderverse AND I'm excited for this show. Imagine that: not having to pit things against each other all the time and CONSTANTLY bring up the DCEU in a thread about something else.
    I would love nothing more than to enjoy both takes. I have no need to feel like I'm in the "right" camp. I just feel that Snyder's take is incredibly misguided and it's not what I enjoy. Likewise, it feels a bit awkward to see someone try and propose some maturity at expressing distaste for the Snyderverse when some of the initial footage was clearly riffing on his visuals (and for one teaser even the tone). It's doubly exhausting when his take essentially is most fans' problems (darker Superman, his death, turning evil and asking "do we need a Superman?") converging into one finished product.

Moreover, it's the most recent live action Superman project so it naturally is going to draw comparison like how the Pattinson Batman will be compared to Afleck and Bale with respect to most recent Batman/most recent solo Batman.

It's great you enjoy the Snyderverse. I genuinely wish I could and I actually intend to rewatch Man of Steel for the first time in years to give it a new, fair chance. Just like how even though I pretty much hate everything CW has done short of Black Lightning, I'm still going into this hoping it's a Superman I can love. I imagine my experience is in no way unique in that respect.

I respect that other people enjoy the Snyderverse so long as they're not part of the abusive horde, but it's peculiar to question why the most recent live action Superman project where he's a protagonist is getting compared to the upcoming one. Especially when the new product is actively inviting comparison.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think there's a certain poetry to Snyder's deconstructed Superman passing the baton to Hoechlin's more traditional Superman.

I didn't care for a lot of Snyder's choices, but I still want to see what he comes up with as much as I want to see where the CW takes the character.

The more Superman, the better

love it or hate it, Death of Superman is more or less the character's biggest story. I'd be surprised if this show goes 4-8 seasons without adapting the big one some way or another. Its like Flashpoint for the Flash. Most notable iterations of Clark Kent will get snuffed by Doomsday at some point just as most future iterations of Barry Allen will screw up the timeline for his momma no matter how many times its been done already. Hopefully when it's Hoechlin's turn to temporarilly kick the bucket, it'll be after we've had time to be invested in him as a character and his importance to the wider universe. Which was part of the problem with BvS, they did it too soon. Likewise given the franchise's previous use of evil duplicates or evil multiverse dopplegangers I wouldn't be surprised if this show eventually has an evil Superman arc.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 02-13-2021 at 08:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I understand, YOU'RE NOT A REAL SUPERMAN FAN!!!!111111oneoneone
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    love it or hate it, Death of Superman is more or less the character's biggest story. I'd be surprised if this show goes 4-8 seasons without adapting the big one some way or another. Its like Flashpoint for the Flash. Most notable iterations of Clark Kent will get snuffed by Doomsday at some point just as most future iterations of Barry Allen will screw up the timeline for his momma no matter how many times its been done already. Hopefully when it's Hoechlin's turn to temporarilly kick the bucket, it'll be after we've had time to be invested in him as a character and his importance to the wider universe. Which was part of the problem with BvS, they did it too soon. Likewise given the franchise's previous use of evil duplicates or evil multiverse dopplegangers I wouldn't be surprised if this show eventually has an evil Superman arc.
    Interesting idea, didn't think of that. Though it's already been mentioned that this Superman has taken on Doomsday, if he died in the encounter we don't know. I was thinking that iconic moment of Lois weeping over Clark after the fight might be in the opening montage showing Clark and Lois's history.(Funny enough they did a homage to that in Crisis with an Alt Superman). If it is in the montage, that might lower the chances of a DOS adaptation, though some other usage of Doomsday could definitely come into play.
    Last edited by GSman; 02-13-2021 at 08:57 AM.

I don't think I'm gonna enjoy Superman vs Doomsday. Would rather see him die vs someone else. Parasite, Mongul, whatever.

Incredible Member

Any adaptation of Death of Superman in this show would add another layer of Jon and Jordan being orphaned (at least temporarily) and maybe grappling with the idea that they have to immediately step up as their father's successor (depending on how much or how little this connects with Supergirl and the rest of the Arrowverse), and how this impacts their relationship with Lois and later Clark once he comes back from the dead. That sounds like a fine story to me.

I would love nothing more than to enjoy both takes. I have no need to feel like I'm in the "right" camp. I just feel that Snyder's take is incredibly misguided and it's not what I enjoy. Likewise, it feels a bit awkward to see someone try and propose some maturity at expressing distaste for the Snyderverse when some of the initial footage was clearly riffing on his visuals (and for one teaser even the tone). It's doubly exhausting when his take essentially is most fans' problems (darker Superman, his death, turning evil and asking "do we need a Superman?") converging into one finished product.

Moreover, it's the most recent live action Superman project so it naturally is going to draw comparison like how the Pattinson Batman will be compared to Afleck and Bale with respect to most recent Batman/most recent solo Batman.

It's great you enjoy the Snyderverse. I genuinely wish I could and I actually intend to rewatch Man of Steel for the first time in years to give it a new, fair chance. Just like how even though I pretty much hate everything CW has done short of Black Lightning, I'm still going into this hoping it's a Superman I can love. I imagine my experience is in no way unique in that respect.

I respect that other people enjoy the Snyderverse so long as they're not part of the abusive horde, but it's peculiar to question why the most recent live action Superman project where he's a protagonist is getting compared to the upcoming one. Especially when the new product is actively inviting comparison.

I agree, especially since both projects are happening at the same time. Comparisons are inevitable. Just let's try to act like adults about it.

I also respect those who enjoy the snyderverse as long as they show respect to those who don't. I like Man of Steel a lot. There is so much good in that movie, IMO, but I don't consider it a masterpiece or perfect. It has big flaws, IMO. But the good is so good I can't help but like it.

Can't say the same of BvS. I don't like that Superman enough. But I also don't like the Superman I saw in the Supergirl show. I can criticize both.

Any way, like I said, I'm getting more excited about this show. I hope it doesn't disappoint much. Tyler is still not my ideal Superman, but he's fine for this I suppose. It's much more important that the writing is on point.

Found this review. It sounds really good.

https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za...wverse-can-be/
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-13-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Any adaptation of Death of Superman in this show would add another layer of Jon and Jordan being orphaned (at least temporarily) and maybe grappling with the idea that they have to immediately step up as their father's successor (depending on how much or how little this connects with Supergirl and the rest of the Arrowverse), and how this impacts their relationship with Lois and later Clark once he comes back from the dead. That sounds like a fine story to me.

I don't mind the Death of Superman story again as long as they put their own spin on it. They could do a whole season about it. But wait at least 3 years for it.

I think I'd like to see a new version of FOR THE MAN WHO HAS EVERYTHING. I think it'd be perfect for a Christmas story, but this time Clark dreams he has lost his family and he is devastated, until he realized it's not really happening but a manipulation of Mongul or Mr Mxy. I think it could be a powerful way to show how much his family means to Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think I'm looking forward to this show more than the Snyder cut. Yup, it's official. At least with this show I get the sense that it will have plenty of heart and some joy. I don't feel that with Snyder's vision for DC anymore.

The only thing that I don't like about this show is the presence of Lana and her teen daughter. It feels too convenient. I don't want another Clana drama. And I really don't want Lois getting jealous of Lana and all that stuff. Hope it's not happening but only time will tell.
    I'm still wondering where Pete Ross is.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I'm kind of surprised they never did their own version of "Death" with Supergirl.

I wonder if they'd do Reign and work in Steel, Hoechlin as Cyborg-Superman, Eradicator, and the two boys filling in for Superboy.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I agree, especially since both projects are happening at the same time. Comparisons are inevitable. Just let's try to act like adults about it.

I also respect those who enjoy the snyderverse as long as they show respect to those who don't. I like Man of Steel a lot. There is so much good in that movie, IMO, but I don't consider it a masterpiece or perfect. It has big flaws, IMO. But the good is so good I can't help but like it.

Can't say the same of BvS. I don't like that Superman enough. But I also don't like the Superman I saw in the Supergirl show. I can criticize both.

Any way, like I said, I'm getting more excited about this show. I hope it doesn't disappoint much. Tyler is still not my ideal Superman, but he's fine for this I suppose. It's much more important that the writing is on point.

Found this review. It sounds really good.

https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za...wverse-can-be/
    I haven't seen enough of Hoechlin to really have an opinion other than he got upstaged pretty hard in CoIE, but I don't see what bothers people about his Superman. He seems to play the part well with what he was given at least from what I've gleaned.

I haven't seen enough of Hoechlin to really have an opinion other than he got upstaged pretty hard in CoIE, but I don't see what bothers people about his Superman. He seems to play the part well with what he was given at least from what I've gleaned.
    I liked him well enough in his debut episodes in the Season 2 premier of Supergirl. He had real charm and felt more majestic. But after that, he was too wimpy in general for me. He was just used as a tool to remind the audience how Kara is so much better than he will ever be. It was awful.

Sure, he was nice and pleasant, but he had no real substance or wasn't Earth's champion or awe-inspiring like I expect from Superman. He was just there. I wish he was never used if he was going to be so disrespected.