Page 144 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2229
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Being mad about others taking superman stuff is pointless.Superman himself has taken things from Hugo danner,Zorro,Tarzan,John carter..etc.His entire gimmick nowaday is basically closer to that of cap marvel who was basically knight of the round table and saviour figure.All superman can do is create new stuff.The problem is not that others take from superman.But, superman is not in a position to give anymore.They need to start being creative.Have as many takes as possible.maybe one of them will be a bullseye.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-16-2021 at 09:55 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Superman & Lois is starting off at 89% on Rotten Tomatoes, hope it can keep in that range throughout the first season: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/superman_and_lois
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It seems like he's working directly with the military through General Lane.
    That’s going to be very dicey. You can’t have that played as an unqualified good thing in a post DKR world. I don’t know why they’re 180ing from the Pre-Crisis set up where I believe he cut all ties with the government and refused to work for them because he didn’t like what they were doing.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-17-2021 at 02:18 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Oh I get it. I used to rage every time Supergirl would steal yet another piece of his myth and I’m still genuinely angry that they made Kara a journalist but Clark, apparently, doesn’t get to be one anymore.

I just can’t stand the way Star Labs has been used on The Flash so I’m grateful only in the sense that I do not want that set-up on the new show. But I completely agree with the larger point.
    Oh for sure. I personally can't stand the way the CW strips the protagonist of skills to establish a new for more roles bloating the cast each season.

The one benefit is it creates roles for a more diverse cast but you end up with a Barry or Ollie who generally just feel like "the one who runs" or "the one who shoots people." I'm oversimplifying, and I jumped off around the third or fourth season of each after struggling to care, but they just really didn't feel like Ollie or Barry to me.

I don't want that happening to Lois and Clark, and the further we get from CW STAR, the better.

Green Arrow isn't taking Ra's from Batman in the comics so I hope Clark keeps STAR Labs proper, but given DC's history I'm doubtful.

But now more than ever they really can't split Lois up to build others. I will lose my goddamn mind because this may be her last chance for a long time and I don't want it squandered... *Grumbles about Rucka*

I just can’t stand the way Star Labs has been used on The Flash so I’m grateful only in the sense that I do not want that set-up on the new show. But I completely agree with the larger point.
    I wouldn't mind Cisco showing up at some point (just to justify the fact that Post-Crisis he's now apparently a Superman fan).

A Flash crossover seems kind of obvious to happen at some point, safety be willing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s going to be very dicey. You can’t have that played as an unqualified good thing in a post DKR world. I don’t know why they’re 180ing from the Pre-Crisis set up where I believe he cut all ties with the government and refused to work for them because he didn’t like what they were doing.
    I think here it's just a mutually beneficial relationship because his father-in-law isn't a raging, anti-alien, hardcase in this universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The one benefit is it creates roles for a more diverse cast but you end up with a Barry or Ollie who generally just feel like "the one who runs" or "the one who shoots people." I'm oversimplifying, and I jumped off around the third or fourth season of each after struggling to care, but they just really didn't feel like Ollie or Barry to me.
    Well, Ollie at least is very obviously not classic Ollie (and he's only vaguely Grell Ollie on his best day), but other than computer stuff he was almost always portrayed as the most capable and commanding of his entire team.

It was a lot less problematic than, say, Team Flash or the Super Friends could be.

I really want a Superman and Lois and The Flash crossover. And a race. I need to see Grant Gustin fanboying over his favorite superhero.

The pilot is getting more love. This coming from someone who isn't a CW lover at all.

"The Superman and Lois pilot is excellent.

There are great effects, good performances and I'm excited to see where this goes. Unlike the rest of the Arrowverse, which feels like a cheap soap opera, this is the first time that the CW actually seemed to put in effort.

A Must See!

Everyone knows I've been a huge critic of the Arrowverse primarily because of its awful presentation, lousy effects and terrible acting.

Superman and Lois is not this and anyone who has been put off by the CW because of the low budget should leave those expectations at the door."

from twitter: https://twitter.com/BlackMajikMan90/...88864257196034

Extraordinary Member

Isn't one of Diggle's appearances supposed to be on Superman and Lois? Perhaps with a bit of costume jewelry?

EC8D220A-0CB6-401D-9E53-82C03992C99C.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Isn't one of Diggle's appearances supposed to be on Superman and Lois? Perhaps with a bit of costume jewelry?
    They teased the idea at the end of Arrow, looks like S&L might actually have the budget for GL. But no word on whether or not he’ll actually show up here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I’m confused by this piece because the headline says something that isn’t in the interview. Does Todd explicitly say he considered a daughter? If so, I’m prepared to drag him for this huge mistake he made but I don’t see the actual quote.

https://www.cbr.com/superman-lois-so...nal-pitch/amp/
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 02-17-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Incredible Member

Weird to have that as the headline and then not include anything about it in the article. Den of Geek does have an off-hand mention, though not a direct quote on it.

And yeah, I also think the show should have had a son and a daughter, not two sons.

Astonishing Member

I read the Den of Geek article, it does says they considered a boy and girl in early development but settled on two boys.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I’m confused by this piece because the headline says something that isn’t in the interview. Does Todd explicitly say he considered a daughter? If so, I’m prepared to drag him for this huge mistake he made but I don’t see the actual quote.

https://www.cbr.com/superman-lois-so...nal-pitch/amp/
    I know Tomasi and Gleason wanted to cap off their run with them having a daughter. If we must have another child for them, I would have preferred they have a daughter.

I can't imagine the whole dynamic between Jon and Jordan working without them both being boys. I haven't watched the pilot, but I imagine that jealousy is gonna be a big part of it. And one being a football star and the younger one being jealous, only for then to things turn around and the football start becoming the weaker son. Doesn't seem to me like this dynamic would work if they were a boy and a girl.
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-17-2021 at 02:49 PM.

I don't know, I like the idea of two sons who are very different to each other. It brings its own set of stories that could be interesting.

maybe they didn't want to do another super girl so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I can't imagine the whole dynamic between Jon and Jordan working without them both being boys. I haven't watched the pilot, but I imagine that jealousy is gonna be a big part of it. And one being a football star and the younger one being jealous, only for then to things turn around and the football start beign the weaker son. Doesn't seem to me like this dynamic would work if they were a boy and a girl.
    haha, you posted what I wanted to say but better.

Incredible Member

Oh, the particulars of how jealousy would be portrayed would change for sure, but girls absolutely can be jealous of their brothers.