Page 127 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2229

Wow, Hoechlin has a view of Superman largely similar to mine and a lot of other people here. Though I really think of 3 separate identities to him, but I get where he's coming from with the 5. I hope he gets the material to actually portray this, as while I can't take back that I was unimpressed with his Supergirl appearances, I find it more difficult now to imagine the lack of depth to the character thus far is on him if he feels this way. Hope the scripts deliver him the chance to show this.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Wow, Hoechlin has a view of Superman largely similar to mine and a lot of other people here. Though I really think of 3 separate identities to him, but I get where he's coming from with the 5. I hope he gets the material to actually portray this, as while I can't take back that I was unimpressed with his Supergirl appearances, I find it more difficult now to imagine the lack of depth to the character thus far is on him if he feels this way. Hope the scripts deliver him the chance to show this.
    It’s a dead horse but it bears repeating: He was a side character in Kara’s show, of course he didn’t get to do that much. This is focused on him and is about him so I think he’s going to get a lot of chances to show his stuff. And this will be the first big piece of Superman media to really dig into his identity stuff, so fingers crossed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wasn't saying it was comparable to Clark's relationship with Lois. It's just a different level of closeness and relationship.
    It's not just different. Their level of closeness and relationship is actually on a lower or more superficial level. Not only is there a big secret Clark did not share with Lana, but there is also 20 years of life separating them in terms of maturity, experiences, and identity in general. So to the extent to which Clark and Lana were close both platonically and romantically as kids and teens is so divorced from the reality of their adult selves that it would be strange, and frankly inappropriate, for the show to present their relationship as something that would warrant or justify any sort of renewed closeness or intimacy that excludes Lois or treats her as an afterthought. In other words, it's not that complicated. In fact, if the show treats the dynamic between Clark/Lois and Kyle/Lana as complicated that is a big red flag for me that the show doesn't understand relationships or these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s a dead horse but it bears repeating: He was a side character in Kara’s show, of course he didn’t get to do that much. This is focused on him and is about him so I think he’s going to get a lot of chances to show his stuff. And this will be the first big piece of Superman media to really dig into his identity stuff, so fingers crossed.
    side character or not, Superman was very disrespected in that show. The only episodes in which he looked good for me were the Season 2 openers. After that, it went downhill and Superman was only used to prop up Kara. A good writer doesn't do that, he/she finds more creative ways to showcase the characters. Everyone knows it's her show, but if you are not going to respect the first superhero, you don't use him at all then.

I don't think I would, personally? I wouldn't assume to be my spouses' keeper when it comes to interacting with someone they're close with but I guess that would depend on the level of closeness and what I knew about them. But that's just me and I'm not necessarily assuming anything from the characters are involved.
    Have you ever been married? I have for many years. Life gives you more perspective and experience honestly. Some things are just wrong.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    New trailer is out. Looks pretty good, and also confirmt the leaked sript is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    The World will always need superman, right now this family needs you more.
    I'm sensing this will be the running theme of the show. Seems it's going straight to season 3 CW shows where instead of the great first two seasons where they actually develop the Main character they'll focus on "Team" superman instead which usually involves cringe worthy drama.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Bunch of new footage:

Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    It's not just different. Their level of closeness and relationship is actually on a lower or more superficial level. Not only is there a big secret Clark did not share with Lana, but there is also 20 years of life separating them in terms of maturity, experiences, and identity in general. So to the extent to which Clark and Lana were close both platonically and romantically as kids and teens is so divorced from the reality of their adult selves that it would be strange, and frankly inappropriate, for the show to present their relationship as something that would warrant or justify any sort of renewed closeness or intimacy that excludes Lois or treats her as an afterthought. In other words, it's not that complicated. In fact, if the show treats the dynamic between Clark/Lois and Kyle/Lana as complicated that is a big red flag for me that the show doesn't understand relationships or these characters.
    Again, I'd have to see the execution of it on the show and how they depict Clark and Lana's past and their present-day dynamic, though a past friendship can be a powerful thing depending on how they depict it.
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    side character or not, Superman was very disrespected in that show. The only episodes in which he looked good for me were the Season 2 openers. After that, it went downhill and Superman was only used to prop up Kara. A good writer doesn't do that, he/she finds more creative ways to showcase the characters. Everyone knows it's her show, but if you are not going to respect the first superhero, you don't use him at all then.
    I don't think they handled it as gracefully as they could have, but I don't think it was the most disrespectful thing they could have done with him and they could have done a lot worse.

Of course, we're past that point now and have a new creative staff handling him, so I feel it's kind of moot.
    Have you ever been married? I have for many years. Life gives you more perspective and experience honestly. Some things are just wrong.
    No, and I wouldn't speak for anyone whose married, but I think everyone comes to it with a different experience or perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    I'm sensing this will be the running theme of the show. Seems it's going straight to season 3 CW shows where instead of the great first two seasons where they actually develop the Main character they'll focus on "Team" superman instead which usually involves cringe worthy drama.
    Other than Lois and her dad, I don't see the kids being that involved.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Some good news: the reviewer of the pilot for Hypeable - they largely liked it - mentioned in a post on their Tumblr that they've also seen the second episode and they not only found it significantly better, but it focuses on Lois much more heavily.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Some good news: the reviewer of the pilot for Hypeable - they largely liked it - mentioned in a post on their Tumblr that they've also seen the second episode and they not only found it significantly better, but it focuses on Lois much more heavily.
    That's good to hear .

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Bunch of new footage:

Can I just say, I'm so happy they made the heat vision red again? I feel like they've regretted making it blue on Supergirl, but they never had a logical reason to change it.

Reviews are starting to come in: http://www.kryptonsite.com/review-su...ion-for-dc-tv/ so far it seems positive!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Can I just say, I'm so happy they made the heat vision red again? I feel like they've regretted making it blue on Supergirl, but they never had a logical reason to change it.
    Did they ever explain why they made it blue in the first place?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Did they ever explain why they made it blue in the first place?
    Just to be different from other versions. Like how Smallville's was wavy.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Other than Lois and her dad, I don't see the kids being that involved.
    I guess, but given the above trailer it seems that not just his kids but Lana's family will take time away from him continuing to develop as superman and more into family man which isn't a concept I enjoy to begin with.

One of the teens look way older than 14. The one with the short hair. I read one of them was 19 in real life.

I also don't understand why only one has powers. Maybe that will change. Really, it's about time Clark tells them his big secret because they are going to start developing some powers by now.. Sure they are half human so that can make things somewhat different.