Page 94 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know Dwayne Johnson keeps bringing him up because he wants to fight Superman, but Black Adam is supposed to be Billy's Opposite Number.
    A First Thunder Supes & Shazam vs Adam type showdown would be cool, but yeah ultimately it needs to be Billy vs. Adam.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I know Dwayne Johnson keeps bringing him up because he wants to fight Superman, but Black Adam is supposed to be Billy's Opposite Number.
    They can still do that with black adam.A bad guy with good intensions.I mean,superman and his predecessor hugo danner were already tragic characters to begin with. The guy got struck to death by lighning. he was hated by humanity,who never could accept his superior abilities.There is a line in superman and captain marvel vs black adam fight.

Black adam says "When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do you feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand."

Clark literally has to live amongst ants.Black adam just doesn't mind stepping on them.The guy does have a point about people stepping on ants.Villains with a heroic edge and tragic end sells.I hope they keep whatever they showed in the promo.I am just happy overall that someone high profile is actually acknowledging long forgotten superman symbolisms,allegories,themes...etc.Atleast in even as a promo.If they do decide to go that route,i am gonna enjoy a superman let loose without inhibition or restraint.An evil champion of the oppressed.I mean,How many even know superman is the champion of the oppressed?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-04-2020 at 09:53 PM.

Spectacular Member

This new Batwoman really makes things more confusing as far as where she fits in the wider Arrowverse.
    There are some wild wild wild WILD rumors on the Batwoman front. Apparently the rumor is that Robin Givens has been cast as Catwoman. And get this, this new Batwoman is secretly Bruce and Selina daughter. All of this will be explored when the crossover with Superman & Lois happens. In addition to Diggle becoming GL adopting the Kyle Raynor story lol.

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    There are some wild wild wild WILD rumors on the Batwoman front. Apparently the rumor is that Robin Givens has been cast as Catwoman. And get this, this new Batwoman is secretly Bruce and Selina daughter. All of this will be explored when the crossover with Superman & Lois happens. In addition to Diggle becoming GL adopting the Kyle Raynor story lol.
    ...well that’s one way to adapt Helena I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    They can still do that with black adam.A bad guy with good intensions.I mean,superman and his predecessor hugo danner were already tragic characters to begin with. The guy got struck to death by lighning. he was hated by humanity,who never could accept his superior abilities.There is a line in superman and captain marvel vs black adam fight.

Black adam says "When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do you feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand."

Clark literally has to live amongst ants.Black adam just doesn't mind stepping on them.The guy does have a point about people stepping on ants.Villains with a heroic edge and tragic end sells.I hope they keep whatever they showed in the promo.I am just happy overall that someone high profile is actually acknowledging long forgotten superman symbolisms,allegories,themes...etc.Atleast in even as a promo.If they do decide to go that route,i am gonna enjoy a superman let loose without inhibition or restraint.An evil champion of the oppressed.I mean,How many even know superman is the champion of the oppressed?
    I think that kind of thinking leans you towards evil a tad, but that's just me .

I don't think Black Adam is someone who should be emulated even if his intentions and methods seem necessary, but they ultimately just do more emotional damage than they fix.
    ...That would be so random. But it would also kind of negate the fact that she's supposed to be a "normal" person becoming a Bat, while at the same time also making her so relevant...ugh, I have no idea how I feel .

Astonishing Member

That's how Lex sees people, it's why he conflicts with Superman so much - they're ideological opposites. This is why Post-Crisis Lex was based on Donald Trump in the 80's.

I think that kind of thinking leans you towards evil a tad, but that's just me .
    I didn't say otherwise.What i mean was,why aren't humans in general evil?We do the same as a species.Heck! we treat the planet as if it's our birthright as higher life forms.Isn't it hypocracy? we can treat other lesser life forms like that(Heck!some people treat less fortunate people like that), yet Black adam can't treat us like that?Evil,he might be.But,that's compelling enough for me.Moreover,the statement can be blunt reasoning.Not a guy on a ego trip like lex.The guy would just be bullying the bully.It depends on the kind of actions he takes and context for the emulation part.As said,i am just happy overall original superman is atleast being addressed for larger audience.Even if it is as a guy that's unrestrained and willing to leave his conscience behind.As a guy who is sick and tired of the nagging feeling that's always at the back of my head that, Superman is just a guy who does social acceptable good so that he doesn't have to look dirty.This is entirely cathartic for me. I like firey and energetic characters,regardless.Villains or heroes.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-06-2020 at 07:29 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

There was an Arrow episode that indicated Hal Jordan exists by showing his jacket in a Coast City bar. Diggle is supposed to be John Stewart... but if Hal died and that's where Dig's ring came from, then yeah, it would be like Kyle's origin (which came after Hal became Parallax, and yes, died).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I didn't say otherwise.What i mean was,why aren't humans in general evil?We do the same as a species.Heck! we treat the planet as if it's our birthright as higher life forms.Isn't it hypocracy? we can treat other lesser life forms like that(Heck!some people treat less fortunate people like that), yet Black adam can't treat us like that?Evil,he might be.But,that's compelling enough for me.Moreover,the statement can be blunt reasoning.Not a guy on a ego trip like lex.The guy would just be bullying the bully.It depends on the kind of actions he takes and context for the emulation part.As said,i am just happy overall original superman is atleast being addressed for larger audience.Even if it is as a guy that's unrestrained and willing to leave his conscience behind.As a guy who is sick and tired of the nagging feeling that's always at the back of my head that, Superman is just a guy who does social acceptable good so that he doesn't have to look dirty.This is entirely cathartic for me. I like firey and energetic characters,regardless.Villains or heroes.
    That has nothing to do with the "bullying a bully" it's about dominating everything, and anyone who gets your attention gets stomped into paste. And he won't care if you're an innocent bystander. That's not something the Golden Age Superman believe in. If he's unrestrained and leaving his conscience behind he's Lex Luthor, not Superman and the Justice Society have were right to bring him down since he's a dangerous to humanity. He's literally what Batman feared Superman would become in Batman vs Superman. Homelander pretends too are about people in public, Superman is the real deal. That's not being "fiery" and "energic," that's being Ultraman. No, the context is different when it applies to people, since we can communicate with people. Generalising humanity as a evil to do that with a gulit free conscience is a justification, that's what villains do so they feel no remorse for their actions when they ruin lives.

This is Black Adam's ideology in action.

Dictatorship, with a dash of super-powers.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 12-07-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Homelander pretends too are about people in public, Superman is the real deal.
    Yeah!forgive me,Sometimes i feel superman is homelander.A fake guy.Just look at the justice league theatrical cut.You can say superman is the real deal.Sometimes,i don't get that feeling.Atleast,when clark was pretending to be clumsy was always portrayed as bad.Homelander might be a critique or perspective on superman figure as he is by ennis.An image concious fake politician and "boyscout" that never does anything might look bad.He is the guy that would never let you down (as morrison said)because he doesn't have the will to challenge your notions or your thought processes or your weaknesses regarding anything with his own story.Essentially,superman's story is there to coddle you.
    Firey and energetic is personlity attribute.It has nothing to do with morality or ethics.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-08-2020 at 04:01 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

First Look at Supes' new costume:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

If I'm going to nit pick, and it's a complete nit pick because it looks fantastic and a ton better than his original suit. It's the Superman Returns high collar. Otherwise this is as close to perfect as they could get.

looks even better than i thought. makes his supergirl costume look like cosplay by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Yooooooo that looks great! Definitely looks similar in style to the Superman Reborn outfit and the latest Kara Supergirl outfit! Very happy with the new look

Astonishing Member

The suit is infinitely better than the last. The collar needed to be a bit wider, now to see it in motion for my final judgement....