Page 138 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    The teenage drama will be all the action I need.
    Just best hope it doesn't reach freaking Smallville Clark and Lana levels because, argh, that was a huge drag.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    While it's not obviously going to have DCEU like action, just seeing the little we did in the trailer, it's definitely going to be the best looking DC show we've gotten, or at least on par with Stargirl. The reviews do say the action is movie like, though that might just be for the pilot. It really does depend on what he'll be doing and what of his Superman exploits we see this season.
    The fights in Stargirl were pretty great in my opinion .

Just best hope it doesn't reach freaking Smallville Clark and Lana levels because, argh, that was a huge drag.
    I want some Clark and Lois action too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    February 23
    Thanks. Thought it was close.

Extraordinary Member

While it's not obviously going to have DCEU like action, just seeing the little we did in the trailer, it's definitely going to be the best looking DC show we've gotten, or at least on par with Stargirl. The reviews do say the action is movie like, though that might just be for the pilot. It really does depend on what he'll be doing and what of his Superman exploits we see this season.
    I just hope they take a good, long look at Stargirl and figure out why it worked so very well, and try to duplicate that magic.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I just hope they take a good, long look at Stargirl and figure out why it worked so very well, and try to duplicate that magic.

Why did it work?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Why did it work?
    For good or ill, that show was unashamed about what it is. My girlfriend thinks it's incredibly corny-- and it is-- but it doesn't apologize for being a superhero coming of age story and it's refreshing to see something reconstructionist in a time where deconstructing things and offering snide, sardonic remarks have become the norm.

The opening fight with the JSA/ISA is rad.com.net.gov.edu.yougettheidea

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    For good or ill, that show was unashamed about what it is. My girlfriend thinks it's incredibly corny-- and it is-- but it doesn't apologize for being a superhero coming of age story and it's refreshing to see something reconstructionist in a time where deconstructing things and offering snide, sardonic remarks have become the norm.

Right now it is my favorite CW/Arrow-verse show. The simplicity of it is why it works.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Right now it is my favorite CW/Arrow-verse show. The simplicity of it is why it works.
    That's because it was an HBO show and now it's going to be a CW show. We'll see how that cursed network treats it in season two.

Extraordinary Member

It had a very 80s cinematic feel to it; as above it wasn't trying to be anything else but a show that celebrates the idea of superheroes. The writing was top notch for the most part, as was the acting, with Luke Wilson being perhaps the best thing on DC television, and a real contender along with Joe West for best, nicest person on any DC TV show. The villains were far better than most on the CW shows, and were for the most part allowed to develop as characters, as were the junior JSA characters. And it understood that audiences were expecting certain things at certain times, and mostly gave it to them.

That's because it was an HBO show and now it's going to be a CW show. We'll see how that cursed network treats it in season two.
    Yeah, despite CW's CWverse promos, Stargirl isn't actually an Arrowverse show. It's set on Earth-2.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yes, there is no "interesting new take" or "great angle" in Stargirl. It's just a superhero coming of age story like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It had a very 80s cinematic feel to it; as above it wasn't trying to be anything else but a show that celebrates the idea of superheroes. The writing was top notch for the most part, as was the acting, with Luke Wilson being perhaps the best thing on DC television, and a real contender along with Joe West for best, nicest person on any DC TV show. The villains were far better than most on the CW shows, and were for the most part allowed to develop as characters, as were the junior JSA characters. And it understood that audiences were expecting certain things at certain times, and mostly gave it to them.
    Luke killed it as Pat. Added so much character to him.

For what it's worth, we've gotten no reason to believe there will be any major production change for season 2.

Also isn't CW and HBO max trying to make a same day, co-production deal?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.