Page 34 of 149 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Looks like a pretty good improvement. They even integrated the Rebirth Cuffs, though red.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Alleged leak of Superman's new suit for the pilot:

belt might look better in the actual thing, but it looks really weird here. Everything else looks like an improvement, but that belt looks goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Still think they should ditch the clasps entirely, but looks a lot better.
    I don't know why they're so focused on those clasps, but from a production standpoint it must just be easier to fix a cape that way.

Just notice that it seems to have the two-tone of the Smallville Season 11 costume.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

That's actually, pretty good. I hope. It happens.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

That new suit looks pretty good. I like the two tone Smallville season 11 look. Wish they'd get rid of the clasps but they look legitimately better. Hopefully this is close to what it ends up being.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Another thing, i hope his personality as a lead is different. Make him a leader, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Another thing, i hope his personality as a lead is different. Make him a leader, dammit!
    I think that's something they'll definitely do. Now that he doesn't have to be associated with Supergirl when he shows up. They can actually build him up as that influential hero, everyone looks up to. Similar to his first appearance.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Holy cow is that suit padded! Looks like a stock image for Party City.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-16-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Regardless of the suit's padding, and even if this is the real thing, I think he needs to hit the gym, and eat a sandwich or two...the guy could use some more muscle to play Superman is what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I think that's something they'll definitely do. Now that he doesn't have to be associated with Supergirl when he shows up. They can actually build him up as that influential hero, everyone looks up to. Similar to his first appearance.
    Agree. I think too much has been made of "Superman taking a back seat" on Supergirl when the show has her name on the marquee.
    If Superman came in and saved the day every episode, it would defeat the purpose of the show being called Supergirl. It was also implied in the first couple of seasons that Kara was living in the shadow of her cousin (remember Wynn's starstruck reaction when he finally met Supes onscreen?) Any time that Kara has bested Clark onscreen he was being mind-controlled or something similar IIRC.

Now that he'll have his own show, OF COURSE he'll be given a chance to shine, and I'll be excited to see it as well. I'm not worried about that aspect at all.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Agree. I think too much has been made of "Superman taking a back seat" on Supergirl when the show has her name on the marquee.
    If Superman came in and saved the day every episode, it would defeat the purpose of the show being called Supergirl. It was also implied in the first couple of seasons that Kara was living in the shadow of her cousin (remember Wynn's starstruck reaction when he finally met Supes onscreen?)
    Any time that Kara has bested Clark onscreen he was being mind-controlled or something similar IIRC.

Now that he'll have his own show, OF COURSE he'll be given a chance to shine, and I'll be excited to see it as well. I'm not worried about that aspect at all.
    Yeah, absolutely. He'll get to be the main and primary hero in this new show! He'll stop jobbing, 100%.

We're finally getting a new Superman show in live action for the first time since 1997 and some people just find reasons to complain about it. I am so EXCITED for this show!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I thought focus on Family was something everyone enjoyed? Is that not why Rebirth Superman had such good reception, compared to New 52? is that not the status quo everyone wants back after Jon got aged up?
    Not everyone. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Still think they should ditch the clasps entirely, but looks a lot better.
    Eh, clasps are still better than tucking it into the collar.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Do they have to put the stupid cuffs in EVERYTHING? They are dumb and serve no purpose. The irony of the clasps is that Kara's look better. Maybe it's because her hair covers it up better, IDK. These look a little better than before. Smaller. I do like the two tone look from the Smallville comic. If the Rebirth suit looked morel like this, I'd probably liked it more. The belt looks dumb, though. Put me down as someone who thinks he needs to bulk up a little bit. You're playing the worlds greatest superhero! Prepare for the role. It was one thing when he was a once a season character. But he's got his own show now.
    Assassinate Putin!