Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default 'Superman & Lois' in development at the CW

"Superman & Lois, featuring Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch reprising their roles as the title characters, is in development at The CW. Produced by Greg Berlanti, former The Flash showrunner Todd Helbing will pen the script and exec produce the potential series. The drama is described as revolving around the world's most famous super hero and comics' most famous journalist deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today's society...Helbing will exec produce alongside Berlanti and his Warner Bros. TV-based Greg Berlanti Productions topper Sarah Schechter and DC's Geoff Johns."
    Buh-bye

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am not really into Hoechlin’s superman. But, i want this to blow everything away. So fingers crossed.

They should have just called it "Lois & Clark" again (assuming there aren't some TM or contractual issues barring that). But regardless, I'm so there for this. Fully expect there to be some time shenanigans with the impending Crisis that will end up with a slightly older Jon Kent Superboy to come into play relatively quickly.

This was such a complete no-brainer I never expected them to actually do it. But Berlanti seems to one of the few people at WB's who knows what they have in Superman (and Hoechlin & Tulloch in particular).

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They should have just called it "Lois & Clark" again (assuming there aren't some TM or contractual issues barring that). But regardless, I'm so there for this. Fully expect there to be some time shenanigans with the impending Crisis that will end up with a slightly older Jon Kent Superboy to come into play relatively quickly.
    From what I remember Clark and Lois went to Argo or whatever to have the baby, and get some leave. Basically code for "he's likely coming back as a 10 or 12 year old." Hell they may even just use the merging of the Earths as a way to explain it comics style.

That child actor is likely gonna be like Stranger Things age. Lucky for shows like this, the turn over rate for filming seems to be fairly short, so they could get in a few seasons before puberty hits.

But seriously, I knew this would happen. It's like the biggest no-brainer in the world. Mix Smalliville and Lois & Clark.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-28-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    From what I remember Clark and Lois went to Argo or whatever to have the baby, and get some leave. Basically code for "he's likely coming back as a 10 or 12 year old." Hell they may even just use the merging of the Earths as a way to explain it comics style.

That child actor is likely gonna be like Stranger Things age. Lucky for shows like this, the turn over rate for filming seems to be fairly short, so they could get in a few seasons before puberty hits.

But seriously, I knew this would happen. It's like the biggest no-brainer in the world. Mix Smalliville and Lois & Clark.
    I was thinking they might merge the characters also.
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 10-28-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's my thought. They merge the universes, but bump the timeline around a little bit with the merger to fit everything in together. The Post-Crisis Arrowverse timeline likely will need some massaging for everything to fit together. Arrow is 8 years, Superman's been active for 12 or maybe even 15 or so at this point.

He may have already been cast. Amell posted a photo with the cast and a blacked out spot about Superboy sized.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Looks like WB gave up on Superman.

This is worst case scenario, tbh.

I wonder if they'll do Arrow style flashbacks to see Clark's origin, how he and Lois fell in love. Lex could be like Slade, see them start as friends but become archenemies. And finally end with Clark finding Kara's escape ship.

Astonishing Member

The drama is described as revolving around the world's most famous super hero and comics' most famous journalist deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today's society...
    What the hell does this have to do with being Superman?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    What the hell does this have to do with being Superman?
    Superman is basic: the show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Superman is basic: the show.
    Yeah pretty much. I mean we're living in a timeline where THE JOKER is a symbol of resistance against fascism and Superman is about.... being a working parent or something. We're literally watching this character unravel in real time.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Yeah pretty much. I mean we're living in a timeline where THE JOKER is a symbol of resistance against fascism and Superman is about.... being a working parent or something. We're literally watching this character unravel in real time.
    Man this cracked me up. It really is sad how far DC has distanced Superman from his golden age roots. Especially in a time like this, it would be so fresh and popular with the audience but they just don't get it

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It's superman fandom's own fault that the original guy is seen just as a prototype at best and at worst a strange elseworld tale .i mean, everything major about the character was introduced in those years. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever for that. I feel like superman fandom clings to the messiah (knowingly or unknowingly) with out realising the guy is a vigilante. Superman fandom doesn't even think of the character as a vigilante. Heck! Even i didn't.
    Then again clark is good with babies. And they say superdad is out of character.

Man! I love how agile goldenage superman used to be. He was pretty nimble on his feet.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-28-2019 at 09:58 PM.

TBH the Arrowverse makes me cringe, but I'll try this out.

Sounds better than the Lois & Lex Scooby Doo show that was planned.

BANNED

They're described as Parents so does that mean it'll have Jon in it?
    Or has he already been introduced? I lost track of the CW shows bar Black Lightning.