Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404647484950515253 LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 792
  1. #736
    Astonishing Member stargazer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Mate, people who doesn't have a shred of selfishness is a saint. Doing the right thing is upto perspective. He said, goto hell to the father. Took a decision for himself and was willing to face any consequences. That's the only thing donner movies did to separate superman from jesus.
    I never saw Clark in Superman the Movie as a saint or like Jesus. As a teen Clark, he was frustrated because he couldn't act like a normal teen like the others. He had to always be extremely careful. And as adult Clark, he felt he had to keep his identity secret even when he wanted to tell Lois who he really was. He also seemed a bit show off when facing criminals. In Superman 2 he was very selfish and a even a jerk when he got his revenge in the diner.

  2. #737
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I never saw Clark in Superman the Movie as a saint or like Jesus. As a teen Clark, he was frustrated because he couldn't act like a normal teen like the others. He had to always be extremely careful. And as adult Clark, he felt he had to keep his identity secret even when he wanted to tell Lois who he really was. He also seemed a bit show off when facing criminals. In Superman 2 he was very selfish and a even a jerk when he got his revenge in the diner.
    That doesn't mean he ain't putup as the jesus allegory. He didn't start his career untill in his 30s .Jesus was show off too. I mean, miracles are a way saying "look people i can walk on water, ain't i amazing" . this movie, like snyder and singers movies is all about superman is space jesus. It's pretty blunt. Everything else is left over inspiration from past comics.

  3. #738
    Astonishing Member misslane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That doesn't mean he ain't putup as the jesus allegory. He didn't start his career untill in his 30s .Jesus was show off too. I mean, miracles are a way saying "look people i can walk on water, ain't i amazing" . this movie, like snyder and singers movies is all about superman is space jesus. It's pretty blunt. Everything else is left over inspiration from past comics.
    Snyder's movies actually present the allegories specifically to deconstruct and deny them. It explores how it's something humans are likely to project upon Superman, but that it's not who he really is.

  4. #739
    Astonishing Member stargazer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    The Jesus figures are just there to show Superman is a savior, it's not literal lol. Same with the Atlas or Prometheus ones. Jesus wasn't a show off, come on..

  5. #740
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Snyder's movies actually present the allegories specifically to deconstruct and deny them. It explores how it's something humans are likely to project upon Superman, but that it's not who he really is.
    I know, i had said that already. Nobody here agreed with me though. Besides, Doesn't mean it isn't dug up and talked about instead of being put to rest. Which was my point.saying" I am not talking about jesus" is talking about jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    The Jesus figures are just there to show Superman is a savior, it's not literal lol. Same with the Atlas or Prometheus ones. Jesus wasn't a show off, come on..
    That's the thing superman being "saviour" is nonsense. He isn't supposed to be some preordained chosen one sent here for a reason. The guy is alien vigilante strongman nothing more, nothing less. We will have to just disagree on that. If a guy does miracles to gather up followers i call that showing off and seeking attention.

  6. #741
    Astonishing Member stargazer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I know, i had said that already. Nobody here agreed with me though. Besides, Doesn't mean it isn't dug up and talked about instead of being put to rest. Which was my point.saying" I am not talking about jesus" is talking about jesus.


    That's the thing superman being "saviour" is nonsense. He isn't supposed to be some preordained chosen one sent here for a reason. The guy is alien vigilante strongman nothing more, nothing less. We will have to just disagree on that. If a guy does miracles to gather up followers i call that showing off and seeking attention.
    well that's just like your opinion. I happen to like it. I think Superman means different things to different people and that's fine.

  7. #742
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    I gotta ask, you say you don't want clark to be messiah. Then you say you want him to be saviour. Those are practically the same thing.

  8. #743
    Astonishing Member stargazer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I gotta ask, you say you don't want clark to be messiah. Then you say you want him to be saviour. Those are practically the same thing.
    Superman saves and helps people. He doesn't save you from your sins. He's not a religious leader.

  9. #744
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Superman saves and helps people. He doesn't save you from your sins. He's not a religious leader.
    Well then, why is he lecturing people on how to be and what not to do?why is he trying to set an example? The postcrisis guy literally never shutsup. He is always giving his sermons.He should save people and shut up.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-19-2020 at 11:48 PM.

  10. #745
    Fantastic Member HunterX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Hmm, you think maybe the boys are actually the same person, but from different universes? Granted I may just be pulling that from my ass because I recently watched an anime film where that's the big twist, but I'm still sort of baffled by the scene in Crisis where they send Jon off to another Earth in the rocket, and an alternate Oliver finds him. What was the point of that ultimately? I'm looking back on stuff like that because Clark's seemingly throwaway comments about wanting two kids are now extremely important.

    Maybe one of the boys is a refugee from another Earth and another Lois and Clark, but Clark doesn't remember because, as the script points out, post-crisis memories are foggy. I mean, there's no mention of the birth, and we are dealing with an alternate Lex already...

    You may be on to something, man.
    Didnt they say these kids are twins??, so is that confirmed or not??. If they are really twins that counts out this theory.

  11. #746
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    4,293

    Default

    Have we confirmed if this script is legit yer or not?
    Now listen to me, Clark! This great strength of yours--you've got to hide it from people or they'll be scared of you!

  12. #747
    Mighty Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Didnt they say these kids are twins??, so is that confirmed or not??. If they are really twins that counts out this theory.
    The casting announcement said they are "believed to be twins" which either was the reporters take on it, or was some cagey language from the show's PR people. It's possible that there will be some muddling with the nature of them given that they are a by product of Crisis (or at least Jordan is). They think they are twins, and Lois & Clark think they are twins, but Lois & Clark also have the hazy pre-Crisis memories that there was only Jon in the previous reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Have we confirmed if this script is legit yer or not?
    Nothing that I have seen. The only confirmation is that apparently the guy who posted the review initially is a typically legit source for this stuff. Given it was posted with like 6 other CW pilot scripts and a ton of others, it'd be a very very detailed and intensive fake. The only thing that really makes me question it is the lack of any kind of watermark on the script itself. That is like the most basic level of security for this stuff so I'm surprised it wasn't there.

  13. #748
    Inquisitive Dzetoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,812

    Default

    Jordan Elsass has done a podcast interview concerning his casting for the show, his take on the character, and other related matters. He has a link to it on his Twitter page. Some highlights were that he originally submitted an audition tape for the Jordan character, the show will begin filming this summer in Vancouver, and that the focus of the show will be Clark Kent and his family, very much in the spirit of SMALLVILLE, although there will be plenty of Superman scenes. He confirms that the Kents have moved back to Clark’s old hometown and the show will be centered there. He says that frankly he has not been a follower of the Arrowverse or Superman mythos (he is more of a Batman person) and so will have a lot of homework to do in preparation.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 02-24-2020 at 10:00 PM.

  14. #749
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Jordan Elsass has done a podcast interview concerning his casting for the show, his take on the character, and other related matters. He has a link to it on his Twitter page. Some highlights were that he originally submitted an audition tape for the Jordan character, the show will begin filming this summer in Vancouver, and that the focus of the show will be Clark Kent and his family, very much in the spirit of SMALLVILLE, although there will be plenty of Superman scenes. He confirms that the Kents have moved back to Clark’s old hometown and the show will be centered there. He says that frankly he has not been a follower of the Arrowverse or Superman mythos (he is more of a Batman person) and so will have a lot of homework to do in preparation.
    Irony. Pure irony .

  15. #750
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Jordan Elsass has done a podcast interview concerning his casting for the show, his take on the character, and other related matters. He has a link to it on his Twitter page. Some highlights were that he originally submitted an audition tape for the Jordan character, the show will begin filming this summer in Vancouver, and that the focus of the show will be Clark Kent and his family, very much in the spirit of SMALLVILLE, although there will be plenty of Superman scenes. He confirms that the Kents have moved back to Clark’s old hometown and the show will be centered there. He says that frankly he has not been a follower of the Arrowverse or Superman mythos (he is more of a Batman person) and so will have a lot of homework to do in preparation.
    Mixed feelings about this taking place in Smallville. Really wanted this to be in Metropolis instead, the constant focus on Smallville has really started to grate on me. It’s a boring place that you’d never expect Superman to come from, that’s the whole point, at least that’s the Post Crisis point of it. I hope they eventually go back to Metropolis. Got a laugh about him being a Batman nerd, that’s an amusing twist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •