Page 53 of 149 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a little Post-Crisis retconning there to make James another character, thereby allowing a goofier Jimmy Olsen to appear.
    I'd love it if they rebooted Jimmy, I've been hoping for it since Crisis happened, and they already wrote out Mehcad Brooks...but I just don't see them doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love it if they rebooted Jimmy, I've been hoping for it since Crisis happened, and they already wrote out Mehcad Brooks...but I just don't see them doing it.
    I like Jimmy a lot so I hope they reboot the character with a new actor who fits the role. Clark needs a friend like him, plus Jimmy deserves it.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It wouldn't surprise me if Ron Troupe ends up taking up the Jimmy role for this series.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Ron Troupe ends up taking up the Jimmy role for this series.
    Judging by the casting breakdown, Ron seems pretty old though.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Rather than filming a pilot and making an assessment first, due to the coronavirus delays Superman and Lois will be heading into full series production right away once things are up and running.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Rather than filming a pilot and making an assessment first, due to the coronavirus delays Superman and Lois will be heading into full series production right away once things are up and running.
    Well, that's a positive .

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Given how successful Superman has traditionally been on TV, I think forgoing the pilot is probably a safe move. They can course correct on the fly. They've already got a solid Lois & Clark. Everything else is secondary.

I can't help but wonder if a lack of focus on Metropolis is to not draw comparisons to National City on Supergirl.
    Yeah, its very important that this show stands apart from Supergirl.

I'm curious what other villains show up since Supergirl seems to be hogging all his.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Superman_enemies. There is plenty to choose from. They just have to choose to be creative and bold, not rely on the same old, same old ones. Morgan Edge is a good start.
    Last edited by HunterX; 03-15-2020 at 03:20 AM.

I guess I'm a little confused. Does this mean they won't be shooting the pilot first? Elizabeth Tulloch already posted the pilot script online.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I guess I'm a little confused. Does this mean they won't be shooting the pilot first? Elizabeth Tulloch already posted the pilot script online.
    Shows will film a pilot episode, review it and make decisions about it regarding what direction it's setting the series as a whole out on, and then refilm it once the show goes into full production with any changes they want to make. Smallville for instance filmed a pilot different than what made it to air, with Cynthia Ettinger playing Martha Kent instead of Annette O' Toole. So rather than Superman and Lois going through that process, it'll simply go into full production from jump.
    Buh-bye

Shows will film a pilot episode, review it and make decisions about it regarding what direction it's setting the series as a whole out on, and then refilm it once the show goes into full production with any changes they want to make. Smallville for instance filmed a pilot different than what made it to air, with Cynthia Ettinger playing Martha Kent instead of Annette O' Toole. So rather than Superman and Lois going through that process, it'll simply go into full production from jump.
    Got it. That makes a little more sense. Thanks.
    Assassinate Putin!

Buffy recast Willow after the first pilot. I think even most recently Stumptown recast Jake Johnson for someone else.

They either must be really confident in the script and cast they have assembled or they really think they need this show to launch. I suppose here they have the two leads locked in, so they are a known quantity. I think as long as they are ok with the rest of the casting pretty much anything story wise can be adjusted as they go. CW casting has actually been one of its strongest qualities as the shows matured. Outside of a few missteps, I think they've done a really solid job of finding the right people for the roles.

I guess he is a good enough actor but I have seem in too many shows already to have to now accept him as Sam Lane. Like I watch Nip/Tuck for years and now whenever I see him he is Dr. McNamara.
    One advantage I had of Glenn Morshower is I hadn't seen him in much else and he looks more like an army general than does Dylan Walsh. But that's just me. I did like Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor and
    got past him being Alan Harper so I guess I'll have to wait and see if Dylan makes a good Sam Lane.

I wonder if they’re also planning on going with a different characterization for Sam since they’re recasting him? He was pretty much the Johns alien hater Pre-Crisis, will he be something different now?