Page 35 of 149 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Agree. I think too much has been made of "Superman taking a back seat" on Supergirl when the show has her name on the marquee.
    If Superman came in and saved the day every episode, it would defeat the purpose of the show being called Supergirl. It was also implied in the first couple of seasons that Kara was living in the shadow of her cousin (remember Wynn's starstruck reaction when he finally met Supes onscreen?) Any time that Kara has bested Clark onscreen he was being mind-controlled or something similar IIRC.

Now that he'll have his own show, OF COURSE he'll be given a chance to shine, and I'll be excited to see it as well. I'm not worried about that aspect at all.
    To be fair to the critics here, I think the show kind of dug itself a hole, and before these fans are willing to jump onto that bandwagon they want to see them get Superman out of the hole (and stay out).

I think it's reasonable to assume that when the show starts, Superman is going to get his chance to shine, but the show is starting after a false start penalty moved it back five yards.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    To be fair to the critics here, I think the show kind of dug itself a hole, and before these fans are willing to jump onto that bandwagon they want to see them get Superman out of the hole (and stay out).

I think it's reasonable to assume that when the show starts, Superman is going to get his chance to shine, but the show is starting after a false start penalty moved it back five yards.
    Yeah, I really understand those Superman fans who just feel so let down by this version of Supes. He's just so wimpy in general. Sure, he doesn't have a great look for the character, but for TV he is decent, but the way the CW has treated him is so annoying and has made me and many other fans very upset and without excitement for his upcoming show. For the sake of the character, I really hope his show is decent and he does more impressive and interesting things other than being a cheerleader for other characters, including Lois..

Tweets like this (by @ TheJSAHouse) have a reason to exist. We feel let down because the CW continues to use him poorly.

"Despite my hatred for the way they treated Superman throughout the entire crossover, this little moment made it so much better.

Barry's fanboying. You just can't take the gravitas away from Superman."
    Last edited by stargazer01; 01-16-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Yeah, absolutely. He'll get to be the main and primary hero in this new show! He'll stop jobbing, 100%.

We're finally getting a new Superman show in live action for the first time since 1997 and some people just find reasons to complain about it. I am so EXCITED for this show!
    Unless there's a sidekick character he'll need to get saved by on a consistent basis.

That's been a problem for Kara since, like, season 2 of her own show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unless there's a sidekick character he'll need to get saved by on a consistent basis.

That's been a problem for Kara since, like, season 2 of her own show.
    Apparently he might have 2, but yeah. Barry kept getting ass kicked without his team for entire seasons. Then Wally showed up and suddenly he was a bit more competent. Then Wally left and he started jobbing to that guy with the dagger.
    After a while these shows tend to turn into team shows.

introduce Steel in this series. No excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Maybe after Crisis Mehcad Brooks became John Henry Irons ?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    This wouldn't even be the first time Damian was adopted (sort of) by Clark. Over in the Injustice Gods Among Us game, Damian says that Superman was more of a father to him than Bruce ever was. And I suppose you can sort of say that Damian was basically adopted by Lois at the end of DCeased.
    Its quite strange if Damian Wayne is the second son of Lois and Clark. Considering Bruce's cousin Kate Kane has a whole show
    I would have been cool with Hunter Prince, from the Justice League: Legacy storyline. Wonder Woman's son being adapted by The Kents, at least Wonder Woman doesnt exist in this universe. How cool would that have been..., it would have been a Wonder Woman presence without actually using WW. Easily explained away than Damian Wayne.

Last edited by HunterX; 01-20-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Maybe after Crisis Mehcad Brooks became John Henry Irons ?
    could work, or they may be better off with new actor

And he would actually fit as the Team Superman tech support guy! Although I would like to see him suit up, I don’t know if they’d have the budget for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And he would actually fit as the Team Superman tech support guy! Although I would like to see him suit up, I don’t know if they’d have the budget for it.
    As long as they don't try and make him a Felicity-type like they did with Mr. Terrific and Luke Fox.

The only way I could see this not happening, is if they went with Natasha Irons instead.

I was thinking they could make Conner they're biological son.
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 01-20-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

An odd, possibly not-unrelated development: after 8 years of radio silence other than a single tweet advertising Crisis a few months ago, the official Smallville Twitter account has come out of hibernation to post this image:

What's the deal here? Reasonable option would be that they're doing the animated revival Welling and Rosenbaum talked about after all - next year's the 20th anniversary of its premiere and 10th of its finale - but the fact that it was tweeted the night of the Arrow finale makes me wonder if this might be CW-related. Unlikely possibility: it'd be fun if Welling and Durance (I can't imagine him being up for it, but she would be) occasionally guested on Superman & Lois as the multiversal equivalent of their neighbors who they get along with but who in spite of their similarities made one very major different life choice, i.e. that Clark 'retiring' young (along with Routh as Uncle Kal). With the Earth Prime Super Sons and the Earth-167 Super Daughters teaming up on occasion, with Jason White as their beleaguered dork-trying-to-be-a-cool-young-adult-role-model-for-the-kids chaperone.

Alternatively, a fun teen drama about a powerless Clark raising his superpowered daughters with Lois, and it's mostly lighthearted but once per season if not in fact per episode they ask if he wants to put his costume on for old time's sake and Welling screams NO until his eyes bulge out.
    Buh-bye

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Big spoiler from the last episode of Arrow.

spoilers:
    So Diggle is moving to Metropolis and apparently has a green lantern ring. How high is the possibility he will be part of the supporting cast on the Superman and Lois show ? I personally wouldn't mind it as long as we don't get Green Lantern saving Superman every other episode.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 01-29-2020 at 04:41 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Big spoiler from the last episode of Arrow.

spoilers:
    So Diggle is moving to Metropolis and apparently has a green lantern ring. How high is the possibility he will be part of the supporting cast on the Superman and Lois show ? I personally wouldn't mind it as long as we don't get Green Lantern saving Superman every other episode.
    end of spoilers
    I don't think so. The property is under lock and key by WB. They restricted usage in the episode itself.