Page 58 of 149 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think most people would be fine with postponing this another year. It's not like we wouldn't understand.
    Assassinate Putin!

here's an idea, make all the arrowverse stuff go animated next season.

Great movie, BTW. Loved it.
    Assassinate Putin!

I mean I have no problem with it going over into animation instead of live action lol. You can do stuff in animation that you can’t with live action anyway, especially if this actually got a decent sized budget. (Man I wish Vixen got more animated stuff).

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don’t know about seasons - that’d be an odd blip in the lifetime of the shows - but standalone animated movies in place of the regular seasons could be a hoot and keep a lot of people in play for the duration. For Superman, maybe a ‘classic’-era adventure pre-premiere. You could have the actors for Jonathan and Jordan around by framing it as a story Clark and Lois are telling in the present shortly after the first episode.
    Buh-bye

Some animated movies set in Tyler Hoechlin’s pre-marriage/finding Kara status quo would be great. Be a nice way of fleshing out how Lois and Clark came to be together in this new post Crisis continuity.

As long as we don't get any stand-in VA's like we did for The Ray. It was less distracting for Green Arrow then it was for Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I don’t know about seasons - that’d be an odd blip in the lifetime of the shows - but standalone animated movies in place of the regular seasons could be a hoot and keep a lot of people in play for the duration. For Superman, maybe a ‘classic’-era adventure pre-premiere. You could have the actors for Jonathan and Jordan around by framing it as a story Clark and Lois are telling in the present shortly after the first episode.
    These shows are basically cartoons anyway, especially Legends, maybe no one will even notice the difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Some animated movies set in Tyler Hoechlin’s pre-marriage/finding Kara status quo would be great. Be a nice way of fleshing out how Lois and Clark came to be together in this new post Crisis continuity.
    That would make it set in the 90s or early 2000s. Could make things interesting to see their early days of Blockbuster and chill (or whatever people did back then.) Might have an easier time being allowed to use Batman, than they would live action. I’m assuming Clark still has a history with him post crisis
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-02-2020 at 07:53 PM.

These shows are basically cartoons anyway, especially Legends, maybe no one will even notice the difference

That would make it set in the 90s or early 2000s. Could make things interesting to see their early days of Blockbuster and chill (or whatever people did back then.) Might have an easier time being allowed to use Batman, than they would live action. I’m assuming Clark still has a history with him post crisis
    It’s the only way they can use Batman from how I understand it. FOX owns TV Batman’s rights (which means technically Disney does, heh that’s kind of amusing). They can have Bruce Wayne show up, or someone who is not Bruce Wayne wear the Batman costume, but otherwise they couldn’t use him in L&S.

I think they should be doing more Arrow-verse animated stuff anyway. It's a good source of material for animated movies. Especially since you don't have to worry about budget on special effects like you do live action. I know they've been cutting corners there lately and to add one more show doesn't help with that budget I'm sure. Now that everyone's under the same roof they can do more with it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Retired

Post removed, with apologies.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 05-04-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm not complaining, but I find it amusing that the actress cast to play Lana Lang--Montreal born Emmanuelle Chriqui--is 44 years old and Tyler Hoechlin is 32. But she looks just as young as him. The first thing I remember seeing her in was the Canadian science fiction series PSI FACTOR: CHRONICLES OF THE PARANORMAL. The woman doesn't age.
    I think it's kinda sad that Hoechlin won't be able to play a Superman his age but a father of teens! If the show does get made..

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although funnily enough in the musical crossover episode with Barry and Kara he said he preferred her to her cousin he had never met .
    haha, yeah. I think if I remember well, Winn also told Kara in Season 1 that aliens didn't exist...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He was impressed by Superman even back when the universes were split and they met the first time at the farm, and they have the memories of the combined universe as well as the prior one. So probably all the same things that made all the DEO people treat him with awe when he showed up the first time.
    I guess I find it hard to be impressed by this Superman. I mean, what did he do for Flash to be in awe of him. He didn't even do or say anything notable in Crisis.

Prime Clark probably saved the world a bunch of times. That and yeah, Grant Gustin's inner Superman fan was probably leaking out, lol. The real question is why the heck were they all so exited by a table? By their reactions, you'd think Flash had bought them all tickets to Disneyworld.
    I think that's the only reason.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    haha, yeah. I think if I remember well, Winn also told Kara in Season 1 that aliens didn't exist...
    Seriously? That's funny!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I guess I find it hard to be impressed by this Superman. I mean, what did he do for Flash to be in awe of him. He didn't even do or say anything notable in Crisis.
    I don't know what to tell you then. The premise is that he's been an established superhero in this universe for close to 15 years. We know he battled Doomsday, Zod, Luthor multiple times, etc. If your issue is just with Hoechlin, that's different, but it was established pretty early on on Supergirl that he'd have many adventures to the point where the DEO basically had a receiving line to shake his hand when he showed up. So it's really not a stretch that Barry would like him and value his approval. With Crisis Barry has now experienced all his initial exploits first hand, so it actually makes more sense. But when it comes down to it, no one really did anything in Crisis besides Oliver. People slobber over Routh's Superman here, and he quite literally did nothing in Crisis except die so...
    Last edited by Yoda; 05-03-2020 at 06:23 PM.