Page 60 of 149 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

My brain: Ok, cool, I could roll with a black Lex even without the alt-universe conceit.

Also my brain: BUT WHAT IF WE FLASH BACK TO HIM FIGHTING CALVIN ELLIS AKA PRESIDENT SUPERMAN THOUGH

Also also my brain: I hope not, because if that Lex isn’t white we can’t get “I don’t care what they say! I am not a racist! It’s everything else about you I hate!”
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    My brain: Ok, cool, I could roll with a black Lex even without the alt-universe conceit.

Also my brain: BUT WHAT IF WE FLASH BACK TO HIM FIGHTING CALVIN ELLIS AKA PRESIDENT SUPERMAN THOUGH

Also also my brain: I hope not, because if that Lex isn’t white we can’t get “I don’t care what they say! I am not a racist! It’s everything else about you I hate!”
    I understand your point but I’m not actually sure it’s a great look that this show has cast two men of color now opposite a white savior character and one of them is playing an abusive alcoholic and now the other one is playing another villain.

Coupled with Emmanuelle seemingly being passed off as Latina (she’s not Latina at all) a lot of this is actually not great.

We all want to see diversity in casting but it actually matters how the actors are used. And I have a lot of reservations about ::these:: showrunners using men of color in this way given their poor track record in the past with how they treated Candice Patton (from her own lips) on The Flash.

I'm honestly most concerned about Parks having to compete with Jon Cryer's Lex. I have nothing against a black Luthor but Cryer is a tough act to follow in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Jon Cryer. But in the leaked pilot script this was a Lex that was dumped into the Prime Earth after Crisis. So it's "a" Lex.
    Sort of like Tom Welling and Brandon Routh were versions of Clark Kent I guess. But aren't doppelgangers supposed to start having brain issues if more than one is on Earth?
    Does that mean Supergirl's Lex is going to die or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm honestly most concerned about Parks having to compete with Jon Cryer's Lex. I have nothing against a black Luthor but Cryer is a tough act to follow in the role.
    I guess we need to wait and see. When Cryer got the role people were rolling in the aisle laughing. Ducky? Alan Harper? No one can top Michael Rosenbaum (some people still feel this way.)
    So he may surprise us and be really good or he could be another Mechad Brooks as Jimmy Olsen, cast for diversity but turned out to be a dud that few people liked.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I kind of wonder if they're not going to change the script after the leak. This might be someone else now. Newsarama is hinting it might be the Phantom Stranger.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I kind of wonder if they're not going to change the script after the leak. This might be someone else now. Newsarama is hinting it might be the Phantom Stranger.
    Nah they’re not changing the script. Newsrama isn’t going to call attention to the leaks so they’re just speculating that the name means he’s the Phantom Stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I guess we need to wait and see. When Cryer got the role people were rolling in the aisle laughing. Ducky? Alan Harper? No one can top Michael Rosenbaum (some people still feel this way.)
    So he may surprise us and be really good or he could be another Mechad Brooks as Jimmy Olsen, cast for diversity but turned out to be a dud that few people liked.
    I don't think it helps that, from the leaked script, he's playing a Mr. Oz type Luthor.

Along with the premiere date, it seems that the next crossover is going to be between Superman & Lois and Batwoman, and this is where they're introducing Bruce, right? What do Lois/Clark and Kate have in common beyond that they all know that guy? In which case, two options:

1. BRING CONROY BACK AGAIN, YOU COWARDS. And this time put him in a Batman costume and weather the legal consequences.

2. If not that, Arrowverse Batman must be a knock-off Green Arrow just as its Green Arrow was knock-off Batman. Van Dyke, awful chili, yelling about fat cats. Literally have the reason he vanished be that he divested himself of his assets because he realized it's impossible to be an ethical billionaire.

(In principle I'd also dig the idea that Batman vanished because he's down in the Dark Multiverse being tortured by Barbatos with Batwoman and Superman mounting a rescue mission, but realistically when these shows inevitably do their version of Metal it ain't gonna be a two-parter, hilarious as it would be to finally introduce Batman by bringing in ALL THE BATMEN.)
    Buh-bye

Also this still feels like it must be fakey-fake wistful fanart dreaming and not an actual thing that is beyond question happening. By the time it drops it will have been almost 24 years since the end of the last real-deal live action Superman show.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    damnit the claps are still there! They looked like they at least adjusted them to look better in that concept art.

Along with the premiere date, it seems that the next crossover is going to be between Superman & Lois and Batwoman, and this is where they're introducing Bruce, right? What do Lois/Clark and Kate have in common beyond that they all know that guy? In which case, two options:

1. BRING CONROY BACK AGAIN, YOU COWARDS. And this time put him in a Batman costume and weather the legal consequences.

2. If not that, Arrowverse Batman must be a knock-off Green Arrow just as its Green Arrow was knock-off Batman. Van Dyke, awful chili, yelling about fat cats. Literally have the reason he vanished be that he divested himself of his assets because he realized it's impossible to be an ethical billionaire.

(In principle I'd also dig the idea that Batman vanished because he's down in the Dark Multiverse being tortured by Barbatos with Batwoman and Superman mounting a rescue mission, but realistically when these shows inevitably do their version of Metal it ain't gonna be a two-parter, hilarious as it would be to finally introduce Batman by bringing in ALL THE BATMEN.)
    lol, in a recent Batwoman episode, it turns out Alice is looking for kryptonite, I'm guessing that's where this will play out.

BANNED

Also this still feels like it must be fakey-fake wistful fanart dreaming and not an actual thing that is beyond question happening. By the time it drops it will have been almost 24 years since the end of the last real-deal live action Superman show.
    On another positive note, Elizabeth is telling people over on Instagram that the show being pushed to January is very much related to safety issues related to Covid and, though expected, I’m genuinely glad to hear that the cast and crew aren’t being pushed unto an unsafe work situation. It’s better for all involved to move the dates.

BANNED

“Lois Lane is just a supporting character no different from Jimmy, Perry or Martha Kent.”

Thoughts and prayers go out to you during this time.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 05-14-2020 at 12:18 PM.

An honest to Rao Superman TV show. Finally, I’m looking forward to watching this. It’ll be cheesy and cringey at certain points without a doubt but they pulled off CoIE, let’s go balls to the wall with the Superman lore.