Page 45 of 149 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

I sort of want them to subvert expectations and have Jordan develop powers first. I think it could provide a nice source of conflict and drama and maybe allow Jon, the more confident one, a chance to help his brother.

Astonishing Member

There's a script leak already running around the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    There's a script leak already running around the internet.
    spoilers:

Clark narrates his origin. Obligatory flashback to Krypton blowing up. The Kents finding him, Jon dying while Clark was a teen. Clark meets Lois at the Daily Planet. I hope this isn’t the only scene with Perry White in it. But it looks like he’s no longer around. He might not fare any better than he did in Smallville screen time wise Also Steve Lombard makes a cameo. No mention of Jimmy though.
    Jump to the present post crisis. Clark and Lois have twins, Jonathan who is a jock, and Jordan who suffers from mental illness. Neither know who their dad is, though Lois wants to tell them. Clark doesn’t want them to feel alien like he did.
    Superman and Sam Lane are surprisingly chummy. They are working together to see who is sabotaging nuclear power plants. Evidence points to a speedster. Superman sugggests that this may be the Flash’s problem.
    Later Clark has a very bad day. He gets fired and he learns his mother died of a stroke within the same 15 minutes. Morgan Edge runs the Daily Planet. Apparently a free man post-crisis.
    They go to Smallville for the funeral. We meet Lana and her family. Also Cobb is there too, no mention of Kathy though. Clark being older than he looks is addressed again. The Langs are in support of Morgan Edge which leading to drunken argument between Lois and Lana’s husband (Pete is namedropped at one point, but this isn’t him).
    Lane shows up again, revealing that the stranger is leaving messages to Superman in a kryptonian language. Also it is revealed that both Lois and Clark remember pre and post crisis.
    The twins later find Clark’s old spaceship in the barn after almost getting killed by fallen debrey. After they survive without injury Clark and Lois assume Jonathan has powers and tell them the truth. Later after surviving another accident, it is revealed Jordan is the one with powers. At the same time Superman has a fight with the mysterious stranger who attacked the nuclear power plants and left kryptonian messages. He reveals he is from a world that was destroyed by crisis. Revealing that he and Superman were archenemies in his world. Then he throws kryptonite at Superman and escapes.
    Later Clark decides he’s going to try to get his farm up and running and try to keep Morgan Edge’s influence from spreading to SMALLVILLE.
    Elsewhere, the mysterious stranger is revealed to be Lex Luthor.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 02-16-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    spoilers:

Clark narrates his origin. Obligatory flashback to Krypton blowing up. The Kents finding him, Jon dying while Clark was a teen. Clark meets Lois at the Daily Planet. I hope this isn’t the only scene with Perry White in it. But it looks like he’s no longer around. He might not fare any better than he did in Smallville screen time wise Also Steve Lombard makes a cameo. No mention of Jimmy though.
    Jump to the present post crisis. Clark and Lois have twins, Jonathan who is a jock, and Jordan who suffers from mental illness. Neither know who their dad is, though Lois wants to tell them. Clark doesn’t want them to feel alien like he did.
    Superman and Sam Lane are surprisingly chummy. They are working together to see who is sabotaging nuclear power plants. Evidence points to a speedster. Superman sugggests that this may be the Flash’s problem.
    Later Clark has a very bad day. He gets fired and he learns his mother died of a stroke within the same 15 minutes. Morgan Edge runs the Daily Planet. Apparently a free man post-crisis.
    They go to Smallville for the funeral. We meet Lana and her family. Also Cobb is there too, no mention of Kathy though. Clark being older than he looks is addressed again. The Langs are in support of Morgan Edge which leading to drunken argument between Lois and Lana’s husband (Pete is namedropped at one point, but this isn’t him).
    Lane shows up again, revealing that the stranger is leaving messages to Superman in a kryptonian language. Also it is revealed that both Lois and Clark remember pre and post crisis.
    The twins later find Clark’s old spaceship in the barn after almost getting killed by fallen debrey. After they survive without injury Clark and Lois assume Jonathan has powers and tell them the truth. Later after surviving another accident, it is revealed Jordan is the one with powers. At the same time Superman has a fight with the mysterious stranger who attacked the nuclear power plants and left kryptonian messages. He reveals he is from a world that was destroyed by crisis. Revealing that he and Superman were archenemies in his world. Then he throws kryptonite at Superman and escapes.
    Later Clark decides he’s going to try to get his farm up and running and try to keep Morgan Edge’s influence from spreading to SMALLVILLE.

end of spoilers
    Sounds bat**** crazy, I’m in! Also spoilers:
    I’m absolutely in favor of both the elder Kents being dead, and Supes starting off by having a really bad day. Only downside is I’m not really sold on having Supes face off against another Lex Luthor, I would’ve preferred focusing on another villain. Otherwise this all sounds interesting to me.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Even if Jon were to get his powers fairly early, I have to imagine they'll go with the early Rebirth idea of them cutting in and out, an d him not having all of them from the jump. It'll probably be a while before Jon (and a likely Jordan) will be at a stable enough or high enough level to do more than maybe momentary distract the bad guy or help some people out.
    I could see it starting out as the Golden Age powerset.
    Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I sort of want them to subvert expectations and have Jordan develop powers first. I think it could provide a nice source of conflict and drama and maybe allow Jon, the more confident one, a chance to help his brother.
    Jordan being the one to develop his powers first would make me concerned about a possible evil turn or something happening to him since Jon is the traditional "main" one. Or that Jon would eventually have to find a way to surpass him power-wise.
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Poor Perry .
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m absolutely in favor of both the elder Kents being dead, and Supes starting off by having a really bad day. Only downside is I’m not really sold on having Supes face off against another Lex Luthor, I would’ve preferred focusing on another villain. Otherwise this all sounds interesting to me.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I just don't get why it needs to be an AU Luthor. Are the Supergirl writers hogging Lex Prime? Is this to get around not being able to use Cryer? I'm sure he'd want to be there.

I'm kind of bummed Martha is dead at least. Sam Lane doesn't sound that bad though so maybe these kids aren't being cheated out of a grandparent.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Yep, I'm also worried about Jordan's fate when all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I love Cryer’s Lex, but I’m not sure why they keep giving him powers. Especially when he has the lexosuit.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Yep, I'm also worried about Jordan's fate when all is said and done.
    spoilers:
    yeah there was a noticeable contrast between Jordan throwing a jealous fit when he think’s his brother has powers. And Jon being mostly chill and supportive when it turns out he is the powerless one. Plus it’s brought up repeatedly that Jordan needs medication for his condition, which may prove difficult as he develops a kryptonian metabolism. I’m interested in where that goes.
    end of spoilers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am glad cobb is in this. I hope kathy is there as well.

A cw deleted scene. This a decent scene. Too bad it was deleted.i have a feeling that the show is going to be set in Smallville.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-17-2020 at 05:47 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Could you post a link?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Could you post a link?

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobil...13&direction=a
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 02-17-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Wow...

That's a LOT more than I was expecting.

Appreciate it
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Wow...

That's a LOT more than I was expecting.

Appreciate it
    Yeah looks like a bunch of stuff got leaked. I didn’t know the first thing about Walker Texas Ranger it’s reboot, (good luck replacing Chuck Norris though) but it’s there too.

Yeah, that's nuts, and once again thanks.

I'm 12 pages in and I gotta say I'm really impressed by structure and pacing for this show. It's really efficient and character driven. Really dig how Clark is characterized so far, and I'm liking all the little flourishes I'm noticing.

Let's hope this all makes it on the screen as effectively as it's coming off on the page.

Astonishing Member

That script leak has some interesting stuff going on it. There are some things I'm not that fond of but it at least seems to have some punch to it.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

spoilers:
    yeah there was a noticeable contrast between Jordan throwing a jealous fit when he think’s his brother has powers. And Jon being mostly chill and supportive when it turns out he is the powerless one. Plus it’s brought up repeatedly that Jordan needs medication for his condition, which may prove difficult as he develops a kryptonian metabolism. I’m interested in where that goes.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I guess the fact that he's only developing his powers now indicates he's not secretly a full Kryptonian (which he would be if he was Zod's kid).
    end of spoilers