Page 69 of 149 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2229
    BANNED

One other thing she shared that’s more on the personal side:

Recently, it was looking like the show her husband (the ridiculously handsome Clark Kent lookalike David Giantoli) is on (A Million Little Things on ABC) was going to move their production out of Vancouver to some other remote location. Superman and Lois is obvious going to be based in Vancouver. They have a 1 year old daughter. As Lois Lane, she’s preparing to shoot 8 days straight whereas David only shoots 4-5 days. Because David likely will shoot less, she was preparing that David might have to take her daughter with him to wherever he was moved because they are “Equal parents” in every way and it didn’t make sense for her baby to stay with her just because she was the mom when she could be with her father more often.

She said they agonized over it for weeks and she was very upset but, now, they’ve learned that A Million Little Things is staying in Vancouver. As parents, they were both extremely relieved not to mention ....for their marriage.

Just a good behind the scenes tidbit that I felt really showed what it’s like for these actors when they commit to move to Vancouver and the added wrinkle for those of them that have spouses and children. I can’t imagine she would have been happy staying on Superman and Lois in Vancouver without her child with her. Not that she would have quit but that would have been agonizing. I’m relieved it worked out for her.

I think this is just a fan composite or something, but a slightly better view of the possible new costume.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Any word on when they are supposed to start filming?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Any word on when they are supposed to start filming?
    I think relatively soon. Bitsie Tulloch has been tweeting about how she's in her two week quarantine, so they seem to be using a model similar to the NBA creating a bubble they can work in without exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think this is just a fan composite or something, but a slightly better view of the possible new costume.

Not a bad looking suit .

Retired

Having seen Tyler Hoechlin in ANOTHER LIFE and PALM SPRINGS, as well as his turn as Dr. D. (Reverse Superman?) in "Elseworlds," he seems to have a particular talent for playing a sleazeball. They would do well to give him a dual role in the series, so he could play Superman's opposite. Not Bizarro Superman, but someone a lot smarter with a wider range of emotions.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Having seen Tyler Hoechlin in ANOTHER LIFE and PALM SPRINGS, as well as his turn as Dr. D. (Reverse Superman?) in "Elseworlds," he seems to have a particular talent for playing a sleazeball. They would do well to give him a dual role in the series, so he could play Superman's opposite. Not Bizarro Superman, but someone a lot smarter with a wider range of emotions.
    Ultraman from Earth-3. There's a alternate dimension Lex in the show, so we're already thinking along those line.

And yeah, Hoechlin's range as an actor is not to be understated.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

Wish they ditched the cape clips but otherwise it looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Hah that reminds me of how Welling’s favorite scenes were when Clark was under the influence of Red Kryptonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Ultraman from Earth-3. There's a alternate dimension Lex in the show, so we're already thinking along those line.
    Alternate dimension? After the Crisis? Team Flash seems to think that's no longer possible. Surely Earth-38 Lex is the only Lex now?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    One other thing she shared that’s more on the personal side:

Recently, it was looking like the show her husband (the ridiculously handsome Clark Kent lookalike David Giantoli) is on (A Million Little Things on ABC) was going to move their production out of Vancouver to some other remote location. Superman and Lois is obvious going to be based in Vancouver. They have a 1 year old daughter. As Lois Lane, she’s preparing to shoot 8 days straight whereas David only shoots 4-5 days. Because David likely will shoot less, she was preparing that David might have to take her daughter with him to wherever he was moved because they are “Equal parents” in every way and it didn’t make sense for her baby to stay with her just because she was the mom when she could be with her father more often.

She said they agonized over it for weeks and she was very upset but, now, they’ve learned that A Million Little Things is staying in Vancouver. As parents, they were both extremely relieved not to mention ....for their marriage.

Just a good behind the scenes tidbit that I felt really showed what it’s like for these actors when they commit to move to Vancouver and the added wrinkle for those of them that have spouses and children. I can’t imagine she would have been happy staying on Superman and Lois in Vancouver without her child with her. Not that she would have quit but that would have been agonizing. I’m relieved it worked out for her.
    Well, considering that Amell earned about $120,000 per episode, and Gustin makes about $100,000 per episode, there's a substantial incentive to make it work on the actor's part. None of the cast will make that much, but still...

These shows can make careers, and sometimes, they're the highlight of a career. Most actors would love to have such a dilemma.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wish they ditched the cape clips but otherwise it looks great!

Hah that reminds me of how Welling’s favorite scenes were when Clark was under the influence of Red Kryptonite.
    You just have to bet that Benoist loved that first season episode where SG was under the influence of the same type. Playing bad just seems to be more fun than playing the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    A benefit of Crisis I think is that they can use Superman villains used on Supergirl now. Since history has been rewritten any villain can show up now, with a new actor or whatever. I think that's something stated on the Flash, that the villains they put away or defeated are back with "fresh paint jobs"so that would be good for the show, allowing them to use anyone without the restrictions.
    They've only done that with two. Pied Piper was turned good by Flashpoint and Crisis undid that, and the original Doctor Light was Earth-2 Linda Park, who is now gone from continuity, so now they've used the second Doctor Light from the comics (skipping over the first, male, one).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They've only done that with two. Pied Piper was turned good by Flashpoint and Crisis undid that, and the original Doctor Light was Earth-2 Linda Park, who is now gone from continuity, so now they've used the second Doctor Light from the comics (skipping over the first, male, one).
    Just because it's been done twice doesn't mean the idea can't be utilized in other CW shows, especially for a show about Superman. it would be a shame if we can't have a good showcase of his Rogues Gallery on his own show because his villains were used elsewhere. So the Crisis retcon allows them to do that with a justifiable reason.

Yeah, I would like to think we could get a good Bizarro episode out of this series.

I read the first season is only 13 eps long. That's ok, it probably means less filler.

I really hope one of the kids is not their biological son but Zod's.