Page 78 of 149 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2229
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I bet this means they'll let Clark get his job back as reporter somewhere in season 2.
    That would be a good way of keeping it away from the sophomore slump.

And since one of Superman's powers is super speed (not quite as fast as actual speedsters, but fast enough), there'd be no issue with Clark commuting between Smallville and Metropolis. The same can't be said for Lois though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I hope Benoist guest stars in S&L every now and then along with J'onn, Alex, Brainy etc. It would be good to see more super cousins interactions now that Clark has his own show, assuming she's not killed off at the end. Guessing she either goes to the future like in the dcau or retires to argo.
    I hope that happens much less often than Superman appeared in the SG show. Frankly, that show is done, and it should be...done. In fact, though it won't happen, I'm not averse to sending the character in CW off the same way Ollie got his send off. Give her a heroic but final death saving everything or whatever, and show her in her own personal heaven. Then you can move on. And considering all the other characters in her show were let's face it, useless or worse, why bring any of them back? You need guest stars from the other shows, why not put Superman with characters he didn't already interact with much? The Black Lightning characters, especially the man himself would be interesting to me, as would people like Constantine, Sarah, or some of the cast offs from Arrow. For example, an episode with Diggle, now having had himself a good long time with that ring.

Honestly, putting characters together with other characters with similar viewpoints, backgrounds, or powers just isn't the most interesting thing they can do with Superman that involves other CW heroes or supporting characters. And over any guest bits, I'd concentrate on Superman, Lois, and the kid for the first season. And...frankly, keep Cryer away. Lex is overused, and I had all I needed of him, (way, way more than I needed actually), over in SG.

No way, I need to see Cryer and Hoechlin go at it. But it’s too late to stop Lex overexposure unfortunately, the main villain for S1 is going to be an alternate version of Lex.

Good they cancelled SG. The less she interacts with Superman the best, imo. Maybe the CW will show Superman as the real champion of Earth he has always been. And send Supergirl far away like the future or something.

The showrunners will wan to go out as big as they can, and the only way I can see they going is Brainiac... So probably we won't see him on S&L, just a feeling.

The solution to Superman & Lois will be either tread the same ground and recycle a lot of villains or go for the unknow and new ones, like Blanche, Rogol, Red Cloud maybe even Synmar.
    Maybe we will get even a good Mongul out of this.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

She singlehandedly takes out Darkseid.
    Assassinate Putin!

All-New Member

I swear The CW should just rename themselves The DC - they are keeping afloat based on their comic book universe lol. I'm still enjoying Black Lightning and I hope The Flash comes back stronger with a capable villain in Mirror Master. The retooled Batwoman should be, um, interesting...

any villain that's a cgi monster won't be a "big bad." Reacurring guest stars like Grodd or King Shark, maybe. And a Brainiac situation does seem like it would work best in a crossover where there's a slightly bigger budget. And all he does is invade earth usually so it'd be hard to drag him out a full season. Krypton did because no one in that that show besides Lobo or Doomsday could take him in a head on fight. I am kinda surprised Supergirl never used him on the show. Of all the Superman villains she could habe snatched, he was probably the easiest to justify given theres actual history between the two in the comics. More than Lex anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The showrunners will wan to go out as big as they can, and the only way I can see they going is Brainiac... So probably we won't see him on S&L, just a feeling.

The solution to Superman & Lois will be either tread the same ground and recycle a lot of villains or go for the unknow and new ones, like Blanche, Rogol, Red Cloud maybe even Synmar.
    Maybe we will get even a good Mongul out of this.
    I have never been a fan of them taking Superman villains, especially now with his show on the horizon. Honestly if they have to use Braniac, though I don't think they need to, they can have a version of him from the Legions time come back and cause trouble, leaving a spot for a main version to turn up in Supes a Lois.

I doubt they’re going to give the one prominent Superman villain they haven’t used yet to Supergirl right as the show is ending. My money is that her final season will focus on Kara, Lena, and Lex, since Cryer won’t be a part of S&L apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I doubt they’re going to give the one prominent Superman villain they haven’t used yet to Supergirl right as the show is ending. My money is that her final season will focus on Kara, Lena, and Lex, since Cryer won’t be a part of S&L apparently.
    Crisis has given them the best out when it comes to villains, since history has been changed any villain that was on Supergirl can logically come back with a new actor as well if necessary. Though that just sucks about Cryer though without a doubt the best live action Lex since Rosenbaum. It'd be absolutely criminal if we don't see him and Hoechlin bump heads. He's been amazing in Supergirl but if we don't even get to see him fight Superman, what's the point at all of having Lex?

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Crisis has given them the best out when it comes to villains, since history has been changed any villain that was on Supergirl can logically come back with a new actor as well if necessary. Though that just sucks about Cryer though without a doubt the best live action Lex since Rosenbaum. It'd be absolutely criminal if we don't see him and Hoechlin bump heads. He's been amazing in Supergirl but if we don't even get to see him fight Superman, what's the point at all of having Lex?
    Honestly? Lex is the last villain Superman should use, be it Cryer or some alt-earth version. If they ever bring Cryer to S&L, it should be only for a small arc, 2 or 4 episodes and at the begining of the season.

Bring on Mongul, just stole everything about Brainiac from Krypton, even the actor. Change Eradicator design to something that isn't Superman-like and use him, Red Cloud is a good new villain. Blanche was a one of the best parts of Jurgens Lois and Clark. Anyway, that is a lot of underused villains full of potential on Superman rogues gallery, and the showrunners could do better than Luthor again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Well, that's sort of damning Cryer with faint praise isn't it? I mean...he's better than one guy? A guy generally considered the worst Lex Luthor of modern times, live action or otherwise? Even the creepy guy...was before Smallville, or rather during. So though Spacey was terrible IMO, even setting aside his personal life, as Lex, in a rather poorly written movie, (directed by another gem of a person), he wouldn't count. Though yes, Cryer is certainly much better than him.

not really a huge fan of this superman from the cw in the guest appearances i see him in he doesnt look that all impressive. Like in crisis I think he got counsel twice like he is a new hero but they said that he was a vet in terms of experience. But I will give this season a few episodes before I dismiss it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy