Page 61 of 149 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    damnit the claps are still there! They looked like they at least adjusted them to look better in that concept art.
    It hasn't gone into production yet, so I'm not giving up hope that they are going to tweak it a little more. The yellow looks brighter, but you can't tell if the two tone blue is there or if the belt is really different. The belt in the leak was more yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    On another positive note, Elizabeth is telling people over on Instagram that the show being pushed to January is very much related to safety issues related to Covid and, though expected, I’m genuinely glad to hear that the cast and crew aren’t being pushed unto an unsafe work situation. It’s better for all involved to move the dates.
    On top of that, I really like keeping it at a 14 episode season. I'm firmly in the camp that short, tighter plotted seasons are far stronger than the 22-23 episode seasons they force shows into.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So wait? They changed costume for the new series and What leaked photos?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So wait? They changed costume for the new series and What leaked photos?
    There was a purported leak of a tweaked suit for Hoechlin for the new series. It's not been officially announced anywhere, but given the way the CW works, all the costumes go through revisions of their runs. I think the source is actually someone who was connected with the CW costuming, which made people think it was believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    There was a purported leak of a tweaked suit for Hoechlin for the new series. It's not been officially announced anywhere, but given the way the CW works, all the costumes go through revisions of their runs. I think the source is actually someone who was connected with the CW costuming, which made people think it was believable.

Damn that looks good, I hope he does end up wearing that suit. Maybe he starts off with his old suit and it gets destroyed or damaged somehow, forcing him to switch?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This does look infinitely better. But, the other image with him and lois doesn't look like it's this costume. It's the old costume.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Surprisingly more serious then I was expecting. Nice to see the Planet building in the background .

Lois even gets a more prominent position on the poster .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Along with the premiere date, it seems that the next crossover is going to be between Superman & Lois and Batwoman, and this is where they're introducing Bruce, right? What do Lois/Clark and Kate have in common beyond that they all know that guy? In which case, two options:
    That's weird. I would've thought they'd immediately do a Batwoman/Supergirl crossover since they've established that friendship and Kara even has a Batwoman spot in her new headquarters.

If anything I guess this might explicitly confirm the Clark/Bruce friendship.
    (In principle I'd also dig the idea that Batman vanished because he's down in the Dark Multiverse being tortured by Barbatos with Batwoman and Superman mounting a rescue mission, but realistically when these shows inevitably do their version of Metal it ain't gonna be a two-parter, hilarious as it would be to finally introduce Batman by bringing in ALL THE BATMEN.)
    Current speculation is Bruce left after he apparently killed Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This does look infinitely better. But, the other image with him and lois doesn't look like it's this costume. It's the old costume.
    Yeah, I think it is just an old picture they repurposed for the announcement. The show hasn't gone into production yet due to the pandemic and it's not like they could do a photo shoot with the new suit even if it was finalized before everything shut down.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    On another positive note, Elizabeth is telling people over on Instagram that the show being pushed to January is very much related to safety issues related to Covid and, though expected, I’m genuinely glad to hear that the cast and crew aren’t being pushed unto an unsafe work situation. It’s better for all involved to move the dates.
    That *is* good - for the reasons you mentioned before, the 'precautions' they were talking about putting in place just weren't gonna work for a show like this, if they ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, I think it is just an old picture they repurposed for the announcement. The show hasn't gone into production yet due to the pandemic and it's not like they could do a photo shoot with the new suit even if it was finalized before everything shut down.
    They don't quite look familiar, but I could buy that - whether this or Clark changing later on as others suggested, Superman still getting a new costume doesn't feel at all locked-off by the poster.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Surprisingly more serious then I was expecting. Nice to see the Planet building in the background .

Lois even gets a more prominent position on the poster .

That's weird. I would've thought they'd immediately do a Batwoman/Supergirl crossover since they've established that friendship and Kara even has a Batwoman spot in her new headquarters.

If anything I guess this might explicitly confirm the Clark/Bruce friendship.

Current speculation is Bruce left after he apparently killed Joker.
    Benoist is pregnant so that’s going to delay things even more with Supergirl. Honestly I don’t know how many more seasons of Supergirl she will want to do (they should probably start calling her Superwoman at some point). I think they’re starting to prepare S&L to replace Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    They don't quite look familiar, but I could buy that - whether this or Clark changing later on as others suggested, Superman still getting a new costume doesn't feel at all locked-off by the poster.
    You're right, I don't think that lines up with any appearance Tulloch has had yet. So it might be something they had in the can from a while back. But yeah, this poster definitely in no way locks off changing the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Benoist is pregnant so that’s going to delay things even more with Supergirl. Honestly I don’t know how many more seasons of Supergirl she will want to do (they should probably start calling her Superwoman at some point). I think they’re starting to prepare S&L to replace Supergirl.
    I'd give Supergirl one or two more years. I think 7-8 is going to end up being the cut off for these shows. I would not be surprised if Flash and Supergirl only have 1-2 more years left, though they'd probably stagger them a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    An honest to Rao Superman TV show. Finally, I’m looking forward to watching this. It’ll be cheesy and cringey at certain points without a doubt but they pulled off CoIE, let’s go balls to the wall with the Superman lore.
    honestly, with the year we've had, I could really use some good ol cheesy Superman tv.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I guess CW has pushed their entire schedule into next year. That looks like the Smallville Daily Planet. I guess they're reusing sets.
    Assassinate Putin!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I guess CW has pushed their entire schedule into next year. That looks like the Smallville Daily Planet. I guess they're reusing sets.
    Maybe they'll just reuse entire establishing shots. That's my favourite low budget quirk. That, and the good ole no extras one. Just a lot of empty streets and sets.

Will they re-purpose the Luthor Mansion set ?

I liked the way the CW just repurposed shots of various real world cities as the DC counterparts. Star City was Boston, National City was LA. I think Keystone was Chicago maybe?

They've already used Smallville's Smallville here as a joke, so they could just keep that up.