Page 44 of 149 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Didn't he used to when he was a kid? I believe clark had asked jon to stay with aunt kara. Couple of times when he was a kid.
    Nope. Pretty sure that never happened. He's only ever interacted with Kara in one issue before seeing her again after he grew to 17, and in that one interaction he didn't call her aunt Kara once.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Nope. Pretty sure that never happened. He's only ever interacted with Kara in one issue before seeing her again after he grew to 17, and in that one interaction he didn't call her aunt Kara once.
    Nah! It happened in dan jurgen special and there this thing about kara babysitting jon somewhere. Also, it was a kinda procedure like with tracking system. If something happens and both parents go jon goes to kara.
    But,yeah! There was no aunt in there.

I must have totally mis-remembered...

Although Jon calling her a cousin feels weird to me, if biologically more accurate.

Don’t know how accurate, but looking at reddit, rumor is the main villains will be Morgan Edge and an alternate version of Lex Luthor who survived his universe’s destruction from crisis. With Adrian Pasdar and Jon Cryer reprising their roles.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Don’t know how accurate, but looking at reddit, rumor is the main villains will be Morgan Edge and an alternate version of Lex Luthor who survived his universe’s destruction from crisis. With Adrian Pasdar and Jon Cryer reprising their roles.
    Intergang could be an interesting first season overarching villain, I wonder if they plan to tease Darkseid down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I'm down for that .

I don't really see the need for Lex to be an AU unless they kill off Cryer's Luthor on Supergirl, but he's the one with history and a beef with Hoechlin's Supes, so why go to the trouble?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Intergang could be an interesting first season overarching villain, I wonder if they plan to tease Darkseid down the road?
    Well, if they follow from Post-Crisis, the next logical crossover is Legends...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I must have totally mis-remembered...

Although Jon calling her a cousin feels weird to me, if biologically more accurate.
    In my family, my mom's cousins are considered my cousins. Certainly not an Aunt or uncle. But honestly, what he should call her is... Kara. Aunt and Uncle are generally a term of respect for your elders. Like you don't call your parents or grandparents by their first names... you don't call your aunts or uncles by just their names. Cousins are more 'equal's' so i've never once called any of my cousins 'Cousin Chad or Cousin Heather... The only time the word 'cousin' is ever mentioned is if your introducing them to strangers. And that's only happened once or twice in my life.

I like aunt kara and uncle conner. Jon is supposed to be the youngest of superfamily. Him calling her kara just doesn't compute.jon isn't equal to kara.And that isn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I like aunt kara and uncle conner. Jon is supposed to be the youngest of superfamily. Him calling her kara just doesn't compute.jon isn't equal to kara.And that isn't a problem.
    How much younger though? Isn't he aged up to 17 with Connor and/or Kara around 20?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    How much younger though? Isn't he aged up to 17 with Connor and/or Kara around 20?
    He is supposed to be preteen kid. .he is just born in tv and now is 13. Regardless, he is the youngest member of the Super-Family by creation. (even though, alan moore created a version of jon precrisis before conner existed). He isn't supposed to be equal to them. He supposed to look upto them. That has been his role. He is supposed to be awestruck by his family. Something which neither bendis nor didio understands.

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-15-2020 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Though in the Arrowverse Kara is around 30 years old. I could see him referring to her as Aunt Kara. (She was 13 when she came to Earth-38 and when the series started it was 11 years later and when Superman and Lois starts Supergirl
    will be in her 6th season so 13 + 11 + 6 = 30.) (If you were to count the time Kara spent in the Phantom Zone she would be 54 years old chronologically.)

I'm super-nervous about this show and in particular this version of Superman.

I fear that Tyler Hoechlin's Superman exists purely to make others look better. Yes, he jobbed to Kara constantly, but "it was HER show" is the lame excuse we get.

And now we get the new rebuttal "But on his own show, he'll surely be the star".

No, I don't think he will. Especially with this really unfortunate twin teenage sons set-up.

I think, and I hope I'm wrong but Berlanti has lost ALL benefit of the doubt with me, that this Clark is going to play the role of Dumb Dad.

You know, the type who can't change a diaper without help, the type who is always shown up by his wife, the type who constantly needs a pep talk from his kids (instead of the other way around). The kind who constantly needs to be bailed out by someone else.

Hopefully this is all sky-is-falling syndrome, and Berlanti and Co. actually do see value in Supes as something other than a punching bag.

I'll believe it when I see it.

He has the stink of a jobber.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

I fear that Tyler Hoechlin's Superman exists purely to make others look better. Yes, he jobbed to Kara constantly, but "it was HER show" is the lame excuse we get.

And now we get the new rebuttal "But on his own show, he'll surely be the star".

No, I don't think he will. Especially with this really unfortunate twin teenage sons set-up.

I think, and I hope I'm wrong but Berlanti has lost ALL benefit of the doubt with me, that this Clark is going to play the role of Dumb Dad.

You know, the type who can't change a diaper without help, the type who is always shown up by his wife, the type who constantly needs a pep talk from his kids (instead of the other way around). The kind who constantly needs to be bailed out by someone else.

Hopefully this is all sky-is-falling syndrome, and Berlanti and Co. actually do see value in Supes as something other than a punching bag.

You don't need to be nervous. You can skip to acceptance phase. Clark struggling with baby diapers. Enjoy.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-16-2020 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Neither Jon or Jordan apparently have their powers initially or even know their dad is Superman, so I don't think they'll be immediately involved in his Superheroing.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Even if Jon were to get his powers fairly early, I have to imagine they'll go with the early Rebirth idea of them cutting in and out, an d him not having all of them from the jump. It'll probably be a while before Jon (and a likely Jordan) will be at a stable enough or high enough level to do more than maybe momentary distract the bad guy or help some people out.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.