Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I think there are likely elements of all this in there. The Arrowverse shows all kind of have had different niches. I can see them trying to distinguish it from Supergirl initially and call back to Smallville in a sense. I also think it gives them an added element of "relevance" to current events as a hook, given they seem to be leaning into themes touching on the decline of rural American cities, agriculture, and predatory big business moving in. I would not be surprised if they move it to Metropolis in a few years once Supergirl runs its course.
Not to mention it echoes Rebirth Superman where the emphasis was on the farmlife instead of Metropolis, which is what Action was for.
Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
They seem to be setting Edge up as the main villain here since Supergirl has Luthor. If that script is accurate, my guess is that the AU Luthor isn't going to be Cryer. I'm curious what other villains show up since Supergirl seems to be hogging all his.
Edge is probably going to be the b-side villain like he was on Supergirl.

Supergirl seems to be hogging Lex.

Metallo and Parasite are dead but they could Post-Crisis that away.

Toyman is a no-go but you can get around that with Prankster.

They haven't done Mongul or Brainiac. I think we'll probably see Zod at some point.
Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
The AU Luthor should’ve been Ultra-Humanite instead imo. He’s still got the intelligence to compete with Supes and the body hopping could provide an interesting dilemma, particularly if he targets one of Clark’s sons to take over. We still get that classic brains vs brawn Superman vs. Lex set up without using Lex. And who better to face Superman in his first season of a full blown Superman TV show than his actual first supervillain?
I wonder how they'd do Humanite. Just have him body swap for a while until he ends up in an albino Gorilla that's basically the Solovar CG model from Flash with a big brain sticking out of it?