Page 113 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2229
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I know right?

After Luthor hired KGBeast to murder those people in Africa, frame Superman for murder, blow up the Capitol building and murder dozens, throw Lois off a building, order KGBeast to kidnap Martha with intent of murder and provoke Batman into killing Superman. Clark still has it in his character to save Luthor from his own mad scientist machinations and attempt to officiate an arrest for his aforementioned crimes.

It's fine for Superman to be angry, it's quite another to nearly murder someone when you have the powers of a god and your name is Superman, and Superman who already controversial after Man of Steel. Context, Lex is a fragile human with mental problems, and Superman is supposed to be the adult in the room we should hold him up to higher standards than Lex Luthor. Personally, I don't like my Superman to be like enforcers from the mob. If Superman acted more like when Doomsday was around this wouldn't be a negative, that's how he's supposed to act. That doesn't erase the fact he nearly killed Lex because Clark is too stupid to learn how to control his emotions. As Superman this is an incredible responsibility whenever he uses his powers, he uses them wrong he'll kill people. In Smallville Clark this as a teenager before he went off to Metropolis, and that was a jock Superman. This is what I'd expect from a teenager with super powers with bad impulse control, not a full grown man who's been Superman for a length of time.

It's enough to make a person pick up drinking, am I right?

People see what they want to see, alright.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Discussion of the Snyder films doesn't tend to generate the most nuanced debate, unfortunately. I neither love them nor hate them, but it's undeniable that a great deal of craft and thought went into the choices made in those films, even if I may disagree with a lot of them.
    Talking them over with Bored has helped soften me on Snyder's vision. I'm going to rewatch MoS this week and probably have a different opinion, but I gotta say the Chris Reeve drinking gif doesn't get used nearly enough. Always gets a laugh.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Context, Lex is a fragile human with mental problems, and Superman is supposed to be the adult in the room we should hold him up to higher standards.
    Funniest thing i ever heard,From the guy that wants superman to take more goku inspiration.Are you for real?Goku and adult don't mix.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Funniest thing i ever heard,From the guy that wants superman to take more goku inspiration.Are you for real?Goku and adult don't mix.
    Good, because we're discussing Superman not Goku. CW Superman is definitely an adult, that's why it's nice to see the character return to form in live action again.

I thought this was a thread about the CW show.

Also, "Superman has to be the adult in the room" is a weird when we are talking about a villain who is also an adult and a rather vicious one at that. Calling Lex just a guy with mental problems while demonising Clark for what would have been a pretty common reaction to your last surviving parent being kidnapped and threatened with death is some Ron the Death Eater stuff.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-26-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Do we know who is doing the score for the show? I liked the little snippets of music we’ve heard so far, I’m hoping for a new theme for Superman himself (it will probably be a joint theme with Lois).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Do we know who is doing the score for the show? I liked the little snippets of music we’ve heard so far, I’m hoping for a new theme for Superman himself (it will probably be a joint theme with Lois).
    I checked but sadly found nothing. I guess we'll know after the show's debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Good, because we're discussing Superman not Goku. CW Superman is definitely an adult, that's why it's nice to see the character return to form in live action again.
    Wow!you really think that.Don't ya?Look a guy who thinks superman being an adult is a big deal.You know who else thinks that.Zack snyder.There you go.Here is a bright idea,Superman is kid's character just like goku.Yeah!Yeah! goku would kick this superman to mars and back with one finger.The "adult" hasn't won a single fight,Some "return to form".first the guy needs to atleast get a win when fighting equals and not some fodder villains or atleast look like he's ready,clanging and banging if fight does occur.We will see who this is aimed at,CW goes for teen drama most of the time.
    (this post is just me talking nonsense.For those people that like this superman.I mean no offence.)
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-26-2021 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I checked but sadly found nothing. I guess we'll know after the show's debut.
    I’m kinda hoping for a theme that has a “faster” intro (I know nothing about how music is made lol). Both Williams and Zimmer’s themes typically start kinda slow and build to a crescendo (although Williams with the horns does feel a bit faster paced). I know I’m doing a terrible job of describing what I want but a theme that is a quicker in building to its “climax” is what I’m hoping for.

I’m kinda hoping for a theme that has a “faster” intro (I know nothing about how music is made lol). Both Williams and Zimmer’s themes typically start kinda slow and build to a crescendo (although Williams with the horns does feel a bit faster paced). I know I’m doing a terrible job of describing what I want but a theme that is a quicker in building to its “climax” is what I’m hoping for.
    You mean like this?

I kind of assumed whoever did Supergirl's score would move on to this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would that be good? Do people like the music for that show?

Would that be good? Do people like the music for that show?
    I don't think anyone has ever had a problem with the score.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah - didn't one guy originally do Arrow, Flash, Legends and Supergirl? They all got other composers later, but the original one is still credited due to the theme tune and leitmotifs still being used.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman