Page 110 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2229

Based on the trailer even tho I cant get into CW shows..

I will watch an episode or two and see if I wanna be a regular viewer.

Personally I hope its good

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

i can see they used snyder's colour palette.I guess,even that horror type movie with red masked evil superboy had the same.Why can't these guys just do their own thing instead of donnerisms or snyderisms or whatever-isms?Anyways,it was ok.The at ost kinda feels like "the ideal of hope"
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    i can see they used snyder's colour palette.I guess,even that horror type movie with red masked evil superboy had the same.Why can't these guys just do their own thing instead of donnerisms or snyderisms or whatever-isms?Anyways,it was ok.The at ost kinda feels like "the ideal of hope"
    They are? Just because it's a darker palette and more serious in tone don't make the show a Snyder rip-off. For instance, the trailer doesn't have Superman threatening to kill a human he hates like a mob leg breaker. Instead he's smiling and has optimism. Very not like Snyder. Donner took many influences from the comics, not everything in those movies were just Donner's ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It would be the height of irony if I get baited into being excited for this show via its trailer, and then the show itself was bad, given the Man of Steel similarities. Those MoS trailers are still the best Superman stuff Snyder has ever done. Still I think Hoechlin is a great Supes, and I can’t wait to see what he can do. It’s funny to think of all the people complaining about how “weak” Hoechlin was, because given the budget I think he’s going to completely outclass Kara feat wise.

Saw a theory that Doom Slayer is spoilers:
    Alternate Lex in a power suit
    end of spoilers and I could definitely see that. Would prefer it to be Metallo, but seeing those two go at it physically would still be something we’ve never seen.
    Man.. those Man of Steel trailers were soooooo good. I really thought that movie was gonna be the Batman Begins/Iron Man of Superman based on how good those trailers were. We were baited

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They are? Just because it's a darker palette and more serious in tone don't make the show a Snyder rip-off. For instance, the trailer doesn't have Superman threatening to kill a human he hates like a mob leg breaker. Instead he's smiling and has optimism. Very not like Snyder. Donner took many influences from the comics, not everything in those movies were just Donner's ideas.
    Did i say it was ripoff?There is no creators voice being presented.It's just feels like a throwback to donner's crystals and snyder's space suit.Instead of doing something creative and take influneces from everything,not just superman and doing their own spin.Otherwise,the character itself becomes stagnant.Donners crystals,frigid land and knights were as innovative as it could get.These weren't from comics(unless you count the precrisis jewel mountain of krypton thing.i don't think that had any influence).

I get it already.Snyder superman doesn't smile and you hate him.Because he's son of satan.Do me a favor,Don't give me that.Also,every version of superman threatens people.deal with it.If you don't like that, come up with your own superman that's different from character's entire history.It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-21-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assumed it was less budget and more who they have handling the FX on the show, so I'm not sure if there should be such a stark change for the rest of the season, especially with a smaller episode count.

spoilers:
    Unless you count Supergirl fighting two Luthors in a power suit on her show.
    end of spoilers
    I don’t lol, because I’m talking about spoilers:
    Superman vs Lex
    end of spoilers. Kara is just a side show of their feud, with all due respect to her.

Astonishing Member

Did i say it was ripoff?There is no creators voice being presented.It's just feels like a throwback to donner's crystals and snyder's space suit.Instead of doing something creative and take influneces from everything,not just superman and doing their own spin.Otherwise,the character itself becomes stagnant.Donners crystals,frigid land and knights were as innovative as it could get.These weren't from comics(unless you count the precrisis jewel mountain of krypton thing.i don't think that had any influence).
    The complaint was that it was like those influences, now it's good the trailer evoked those sources? Pick an opinion and stick with it. It's a trailer, they're not going to show everything creative they put in the show. We do know their spin, Snyder's and Donner's Superman didn't have them raising children and we know which Superman they're using since he was on Supergirl. It's the same character. Kryptonite wasn't from the comics, either - things from other media shift over to the comics aren't new to Superman. Snyder did things that weren't from the comics, but when Arrow verse do it it's bad? Knights, what? Superman isn't a knight in that trailer.

I get it already.Snyder superman doesn't smile and you hate him.Because he's son of satan.Do me a favor,Don't give me that.Also,every version of superman threatens people.deal with it.If you don't like that, come up with your own superman that's different from character's entire history.It's as simple as that.
    I hate him for lots of reasons but don't do hyperbole. He only does that under very specific circumstances, he doesn't do it like that Lex does that. Zod does that. Metallo does that. I don't have to, I have the faithful versions of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The complaint was that it was like those influences, now it's good the trailer evoked those sources? Pick an opinion and stick with it. It's a trailer, they're not going to show everything creative they put in the show. We do know their spin, Snyder's and Donner's Superman didn't have them raising children and we know which Superman they're using since he was on Supergirl. It's the same character. Kryptonite wasn't from the comics, either - things from other media shift over to the comics aren't new to Superman. Snyder did things that weren't from the comics, but when Arrow verse do it it's bad? Knights, what? Superman isn't a knight in that trailer.

I hate him for lots of reasons but don't do hyperbole. He only does that under very specific circumstances, he doesn't do it like that Lex does that. Zod does that. Metallo does that. I don't have to, I have the faithful versions of Superman.
    Ok,You misunderstand.No,It's called innovation and creativity.Having a voice.Donner's was that,he came up with these things with inspirations from other sources.But,if someone just uses it(donner) without anything else .it seizes to be creative.And i am sticking to my complaint which was there from the start.It's trailer.That's precisley the problem.They should be showing and showcasing what's different, what they think is cool and what's new(if anything) rather than saying "look guys, Superman has the same old things".

Dude!yours was hyperbole.I gave it back to you in the same way.Then again you are calling snyder superman lex,metallo,...etc or whatnot.So,what i wrote wasn't wrong.You do think snyder's superman is son of satan.So,not much of a hyperbole.Well,if superman you liked threatens people "he has good reason".What do you think snyder's superman had(if did threaten people)? tooth fairy?Please,you don't have faithful version.You have a headcanon a based of on (from what i get.I can tell you it ain't byrne superman)dcau bruce timm's superman and some saint like gandhi or jesus or something like that. I have one too.But,i argue based on his history,sometimes the versions and my view of it,what's presented to me(atleast i try to.these things get mixed up).And Unless you can talk to dead people and siegel/shuster's spirit.You or anybody who says they have "faithfull" superman is lieing.All anybody can get is an aproximations, modernisations..etc.Simply put,an adaptation.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-22-2021 at 01:59 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It evokes MoS.
    I thought the same thing. The cinematography and color palate seemed remarkably similar, which I guess makes sense. If you're going to take anything from Snyder's controversial take, it's the visuals, which were always stunning. I don't see how they'll be able to maintain that over 13 episodes on a CW budget, even if HBO Max is footing some of the bill.

Ok,You misunderstand.No,It's called innovation and creativity.Having a voice.Donner's was that,he came up with these things with inspirations from other sources.But,if someone just uses it(donner) without anything else .it seizes to be creative.And i am sticking to my complaint which was there from the start.It's trailer.That's precisley the problem.They should be showing and showcasing what's different, what they think is cool and what's new(if anything) rather than saying "look guys, Superman has the same old things".
    They are showing what's new. No adaptation has explored these things, and very few of the comics barely had any of these plot points, much less go deep into them.

Clark has two sons with severe anxiety who don't know of his powers. Clark and Lois are trying to raise them while having lost their jobs.

And stylistically I don't see anything wrong with the trailer. It seemed very immersive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    They are showing what's new. No adaptation has explored these things, and very few of the comics barely had any of these plot points, much less go deep into them.

Clark has two sons with severe anxiety who don't know of his powers. Clark and Lois are trying to raise them while having lost their jobs.

And stylistically I don't see anything wrong with the trailer. It seemed very immersive to me.
    I grant you that.My point was largley based on visuals, designs..etc.That's the first thing i noticed(As said,i can be pretty dense and obtuse).It is immersive.I am not saying,it was't effective.But,I look for signatures.I look for things that have a voice you know.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Dude!yours was hyperbole.I gave it back to you in the same way.Then again you are calling snyder superman lex,metallo,...etc or whatnot.So,what i wrote wasn't wrong.You do think snyder's superman is son of satan.So,not much of a hyperbole.Well,if superman you liked threatens people "he has good reason".What do you think snyder's superman had(if did threaten people)? tooth fairy?Please,you don't have faithful version.You have a headcanon a based of on (from what i get.I can tell you it ain't byrne superman)dcau bruce timm's superman and some saint like gandhi or jesus or something like that. I have one too.But,i argue based on his history,sometimes the versions and my view of it,what's presented to me(atleast i try to.these things get mixed up).And Unless you can talk to dead people and siegel/shuster's spirit.You or anybody who says they have "faithfull" superman is lieing.All anybody can get is an aproximations, modernisations..etc.Simply put,an adaptation.
    When works are influential, they become touchstones for the source. That's hardly unique to Superman. It can be difficult treading the line between homage and inspiration, so I understand the concern. I love Donner's Superman and decidedly do not like Snyder's, and I do wish we'd decouple a little from Donner's Superman to allow the character to more gracefully enter a modern age, but I think you're being a bit harsh.

They are showing moments they think are cool. I just don't think it's what you think is cool, and that's fine. This story's going to be about Lois and Clark as parents, and their struggles doing so. We saw elements of that in the trailer. There are some Superman feats, but that's not what the story is about-- they're just there by virtue of Superman being a protagonist. His sons don't know he's Superman? They're certainly older than Jon was in the comics, but he found out later in life too in the Lois & Clark miniseries they did on the road to Rebirth. Doom Slayer is in the trailer to get people excited as well because he's not a Superman villain we're used to seeing in live action. Hell, Clark quips through the trailer so they're trying to show he has a personality too.

It's an earnest attempt. Moreover, I think most critics of both polar opposite approaches you mentioned (Donner and Snyder) probably argue that a mix would be good. Donner's critics want him to have a little more edge and Snyder's a little more optimism. If this walks the line, it could please a lot of people and have its own unique voice. That's good. If it's not for you, and I suspect it won't be, well that sucks. It might not be for me either. Hell, it's a CW venture so the odds are stacked against it, but it could still be a good Superman show regardless.

Whatever the case, it's disingenuous to say a story about Superman raising his sons with Lois isn't new to adapted material. The most we got was Superman Returns in which Clark returns from space, breaks up a family and then just whispers into a child's ear as he sneaks into their home uninvited. Him actually being a parent is uncharted territory outside of comics. It wouldn't be if we got that dope SuperFamily animated series, but we didn't so here we are. Yes, I'm still salty. We would have got Kenan Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t lol, because I’m talking about spoilers:
    Superman vs Lex
    end of spoilers. Kara is just a side show of their feud, with all due respect to her.
    I know, I just wish the shows would actually acknowledge that and not try to avoid Luthor dealing with the Kryptonian he hates the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I thought the same thing. The cinematography and color palate seemed remarkably similar, which I guess makes sense. If you're going to take anything from Snyder's controversial take, it's the visuals, which were always stunning. I don't see how they'll be able to maintain that over 13 episodes on a CW budget, even if HBO Max is footing some of the bill.
    Yeah true, but theres a big difference expense wise between shooting it in a certain stylized way and using snyderesque visuals, vs having those really expensive action bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know, I just wish the shows would actually acknowledge that and not try to avoid Luthor dealing with the Kryptonian he hates the most.
    I agree. Though I guess we did see the extent of his hatred for Supes in Crisis with that whole slaughter all Supemen of the Multiverse stuff, though weirdly we didn't see an actual interaction between the 2 in Crisis. I feel like we're just being told of their hatred for each other but not seeing it in action, and seeing much substance. Which is a shame since I'd definitely like to see how this version of Clark bounces off his greatest enemy. Maybe after this stuff with the "Stranger" is done this season we can get Cryer in the next one. Though he might feel a bit redundant as a villain with this whole "Stranger" stuff, so who knows? Maybe he can be a recurring character Clark has to deal with here and there.