Page 1 of 149 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default 'Superman & Lois' in development at the CW

"Superman & Lois, featuring Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch reprising their roles as the title characters, is in development at The CW. Produced by Greg Berlanti, former The Flash showrunner Todd Helbing will pen the script and exec produce the potential series. The drama is described as revolving around the world's most famous super hero and comics' most famous journalist deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today's society...Helbing will exec produce alongside Berlanti and his Warner Bros. TV-based Greg Berlanti Productions topper Sarah Schechter and DC's Geoff Johns."
    Buh-bye

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am not really into Hoechlin’s superman. But, i want this to blow everything away. So fingers crossed.

They should have just called it "Lois & Clark" again (assuming there aren't some TM or contractual issues barring that). But regardless, I'm so there for this. Fully expect there to be some time shenanigans with the impending Crisis that will end up with a slightly older Jon Kent Superboy to come into play relatively quickly.

This was such a complete no-brainer I never expected them to actually do it. But Berlanti seems to one of the few people at WB's who knows what they have in Superman (and Hoechlin & Tulloch in particular).

Astonishing Member

The drama is described as revolving around the world's most famous super hero and comics' most famous journalist deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today's society...
    What the hell does this have to do with being Superman?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Superman is basic: the show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Superman is basic: the show.
    Yeah pretty much. I mean we're living in a timeline where THE JOKER is a symbol of resistance against fascism and Superman is about.... being a working parent or something. We're literally watching this character unravel in real time.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member

I'm keen. I wish it was under better circumstances, like not on the CW but I will hold criticism until I actually see the show. Fingers crossed it works out better than expected.

TBH the Arrowverse makes me cringe, but I'll try this out.

Sounds better than the Lois & Lex Scooby Doo show that was planned.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Superhero balancing his thing while trying to lead normal life and being part of society? Indeed, what this has to do with Superman at all. Especially when Rebirth was basically about that recently and comic books never stopped being less Superman because of it. At least until Bendis.

BANNED

They're described as Parents so does that mean it'll have Jon in it?
    Or has he already been introduced? I lost track of the CW shows bar Black Lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    They're described as Parents so does that mean it'll have Jon in it?
    Or has he already been introduced? I lost track of the CW shows bar Black Lightning.
    Lois was pregnant in the last crossover.

I'm in shock. So so disappointed with this news. Superman deserves better than to just dump him in this mediocre network that has disrespected him beyond belief. Worst news ever.

If this means we won't have another Superman film in a long time well.. ugh. I don't see how the CW is going to make more Superman fans with this. We are screwed for now it seems. Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman get big screen movies while Superman gets dumped in the CW where is known for bad writing. Wow, no thanks, WB. Way to treat the original superhero. I deserve better.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Basically, superdad and son of superman. I have no issues with that.if it's going to be like superman family album.

At least the stupid Superdad and Son idea is being done in the worst possible place. Maybe one day we'll actually get Superman on an actual good network.

Its actually for the best. This gives time for 5G to successfully kill the idea of the son so fully that in the future we won't have to deal with this family ****. One bad show on one bad network to ignore. I'll take that trade.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-28-2019 at 12:14 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Superhero balancing his thing while trying to lead normal life and being part of society? Indeed, what this has to do with Superman at all. Especially when Rebirth was basically about that recently and comic books never stopped being less Superman because of it. At least until Bendis.
    But Superman first and foremost focus in life was to fighting injustice not to leading a normal life or whatever. The Supergirl Superman was a pretty trash Superman without the kid in tow, how in the world is he going to manage with even more things on his back?