Page 98 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2229
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Ya get what ya pay for, I guess. Looks rough.
    Considering the special effects I've seen on those shows when I try to watch them, that tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Considering the special effects I've seen on those shows when I try to watch them, that tracks.
    I don't think they're that bad for the most part, but maybe I'm more forgiving of that stuff.

Even big budget films get their CGI accused of being PS1 level graphics...

Morgan Edge has been (re)cast with Adam Rayner.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadlin...234658041/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Never heard of him. Anyone know enough about him to judge his ability? Seems like he and alt Lex will be the big S1 villains.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    It's weird that they're recasting Adrian Pasdar when the new actor even looks like Pasdar. Although from the description this Edge sounds less like an utter or outright slimeball.

Shame, I was kind of looking forward to Superman vs Iron Man .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they're that bad for the most part, but maybe I'm more forgiving of that stuff.

Even big budget films get their CGI accused of being PS1 level graphics...
    I hear a lot of people who follow the CW say that and I think they're just used to them. For someone who bombs in every other year for an episode because I'm an addict who needs new DC content pumped into my veins, I'm amazed at how cheap they are. Crisis looked like an animatic. I get that's pretty much impossible to do on television so we should cut them some slack, but it begs the question... why do it on television?

I hear a lot of people who follow the CW say that and I think they're just used to them. For someone who bombs in every other year for an episode because I'm an addict who needs new DC content pumped into my veins, I'm amazed at how cheap they are. Crisis looked like an animatic. I get that's pretty much impossible to do on television so we should cut them some slack, but it begs the question... why do it on television?
    Why not do it on television? They had the multiverse set up, multiple shows, some of the major players in Crisis, etc.

Did they reach beyond their reach in some respects, maybe, and they didn't necessarily manage it as well as they could have but I respect the attempt.

I guess maybe I'm used to also watching tokusatsu where the effects are even more on a budget so it just doesn't seem all that noticeable to me.

Why not do it on television? They had the multiverse set up, multiple shows, some of the major players in Crisis, etc.

Did they reach beyond their reach in some respects, maybe, and they didn't necessarily manage it as well as they could have but I respect the attempt.

I guess maybe I'm used to also watching tokusatsu where the effects are even more on a budget so it just doesn't seem all that noticeable to me.
    That's fair. I'm still extremely salty about Corrigan walking up to say "yo I was The Spectre but I need a new guy now. Oliver, you can't act, why don't you be The Spectre?" My appreciation of Black Lightning be damned, the CW can never be forgiven for messing that up! :P

In seriousness, however, I saw some fights from Seasons 4-5 of Supergirl and the Supermen fight in Crisis looked really awful. Distressingly so. I understand this stuff is fake, I'm not saying it has to look realistic, but you have the opening fight of Stargirl which looked excellent but very fake. Then you have the usual CW. It's just written and executed poorly, at least in my viewings. Awesome for those who enjoy it, but thus far it hasn't been for me.

Even so, I'm giving Superman and Lois a chance despite my history with the show because I want to like it.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-17-2020 at 04:59 PM.

That's fair. I'm still extremely salty about Corrigan walking up to say "yo I was The Spectre but I need a new guy now. Oliver, you can't act, why don't you be The Spectre?" My appreciation of Black Lightning be damned, the CW can never be forgiven for messing that up! :P

In seriousness, however, I saw some fights from Seasons 4-5 of Supergirl and the Supermen fight in Crisis looked really awful. Distressingly so. I understand this stuff is fake, I'm not saying it has to look realistic, but you have the opening fight of Stargirl which looked excellent but very fake. Then you have the usual CW. It's just written and executed poorly, at least in my viewings. Awesome for those who enjoy it, but thus far it hasn't been for me.

Even so, I'm giving Superman and Lois a chance despite my history with the show because I want to like it.
    I guess it is just a matter of taste because I thought the Supermen fight in Crisis was solid. But to each their own .

I will agree the Spectre was not handled well.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am in the same boat.

I gave up on all the CW shows a while back, despite the kids still loving and watching them, but I tuned back in for Crisis only to throw my hands up at its "epic" conclusion of having everyone hold hands and send good vibes to Ollie while he went through the motions of tired fight choreography with Bad Cosplay Anti-Monitor on top of a hill outside of Vancouver.

I'm still hoping Superman & Lois is good, simply because I think the character can work well on TV, even if the results are often a mixed bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I am in the same boat.

I gave up on all the CW shows a while back, despite the kids still loving and watching them, but I tuned back in for Crisis only to throw my hands up at its "epic" conclusion of having everyone hold hands and send good vibes to Ollie while he went through the motions of tired fight choreography with Bad Cosplay Anti-Monitor on top of a hill outside of Vancouver.

I'm still hoping Superman & Lois is good, simply because I think the character can work well on TV, even if the results are often a mixed bag.
    Like what was even the reasoning? They both have green hoods?!?

I know, I know. This is a Superman thread...But come on they butchered the Spectre!

Think they'll adopt a new Krypto? I don't care how bad the show is, you put a puppy Krypto on and I'm there for an episode at minimum.

Like what was even the reasoning? They both have green hoods?!?

I know, I know. This is a Superman thread...But come on they butchered the Spectre!

Think they'll adopt a new Krypto? I don't care how bad the show is, you put a puppy Krypto on and I'm there for an episode at minimum.
    Thematically it actually made a lot of sense to have Ollie become the Spectre and fight the Anti-Monitor. The execution just didn't make it work as well as it could have.

I'm not sure I see Krypto showing up.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

They have something like five superhero shows. All require CGI. That's quite a budget to break up per show. I suppose if they had one, they might be doing better. Now they're adding another powers heavy show to the roster. If this Wonder Girl show gets off the ground, you can expect another one.
    Assassinate Putin!

Spectacular Member

I guess it is just a matter of taste because I thought the Supermen fight in Crisis was solid. But to each their own .

I will agree the Spectre was not handled well.

Not to worry, they will not use cheap special effects for Superman and Lois. They're using the same special effects Mandalorian, Wandavision, Marvel Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They have something like five superhero shows. All require CGI. That's quite a budget to break up per show. I suppose if they had one, they might be doing better. Now they're adding another powers heavy show to the roster. If this Wonder Girl show gets off the ground, you can expect another one.
    Well that's on them for not planning according to budget. If you know your show requires $3M in budget (just a random number) for CGI, and you have five shows and a budget of $10M, why would you do five for $2M and make sure none of them look good? Why not develop shows with leads and concepts which require less so that everything is at a higher level of quality?

Steel is a great character and concept but both were burned by a poorly produced movie. Something isn't always better than nothing.